Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The (Professional) Golf Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I like Thomas for next week, ball striker, variety around the greens and adds extra links courses to trips over here, eg North Berwick - so he clearly likes it.

Rahm should take a dive this weekend as he surely can't win 3 in a row. His podcast this week with Colt Knost (SubPar) has some great insight on his US Open win, plus his personality.

We could do with it being nice and windy in a week's time.
  • Options
    Absolutely loved watching Justin Thomas top one into a bunker, would have loved shouting 'mashed potatoes ' then.
  • Options
    Justin Thomas today played possibly the worst tee shot I can remember in top level golf.
  • Options
    Just seen that the Cazoo Classic (English Open) is at the London Club on the 12-15 Aug, gutted I'll be away - went to a European Open there some years ago and was a great day out and not too busy.
  • Options
    Richard Bland starting well again, unlikely but if he won again surely the Ryder cup beckons. 
  • Options
    Richard Bland starting well again, unlikely but if he won again surely the Ryder cup beckons. 
    God no. He fell to pieces in the US Open the other month. A steady plodder but not one for the pressure of a Ryder Cup.

We can't fit in all the other players who are on the fringes atm. Players like Paul Casey and Sergio Garcia. 
  • Options
    Lol I know exactly what you mean, although the sadist in me would like to see him play Mickelson in the singles. 
  • Options
    Lol I know exactly what you mean, although the sadist in me would like to see him play Mickelson in the singles. 
    Mickelson was beaten by Philip Price in the singles at the Belfry once ..not a dissimilar player to Bland 
  • Options
    Kept it in play and let PM make the mistakes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Mickelson tries to sell his soul to the devil and only to find that he's going to be all on his own in hell
  • Options
    Mickelson tries to sell his soul to the devil and only to find that he's going to be all on his own in hell.
    He deserves all he gets. Never liked him since he cheated at the US Open a few years ago. Hit a moving ball just so it wouldnt run off into a bunker. He should have been DQ'd & told to leave. Even an 8 year old doesn't do that.  
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Unbelievably talented golfer. Humongous prick of an individual. Biting the hand that feeds. Hope it slaps him as far as Saudi where he can play out his forlorn days with that other odious prick  Norman. To think I used to idolise both!!!

edit. He’s fallen on his sword. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/60487858
  • Options
    FIGJAM never disappoints. Odious bloke.
  • Options
    Doesn’t seem to be a thread outside of the majors?

Scheffler is special.
    For a while now his putting has been the only slight weakness.
    But judging by the last 2 weekends he’s found something.

He COULD be uncatchable for most of the year at this rate.
  • Options
    The blokes just unreal! Really likeable guy as well!
  • Options
    That last putt of Schauffle's was unreal. It didn't look like it was going anywhere else other than in. Scheffler, though, looked in total command and totally unflappable. 
  • Options
    I was on Scheffler pre tournament and cashed out with a couple of holes to go. Should have stayed with it, the guy is such a good golfer and if his putter is working someone else has to play amazing to challenge him. 
  • Options
    Looks awesome @RedPanda
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nelly Korda has won the last 4 consecutive LPGA events and has won her last 5 events in a row. 

Scottie Scheffler has won 4 of the last 5 events. The only one he didn’t win he finished 2nd (1 shot behind). 

Both runs include a major. 

Complete domination.