Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The (Professional) Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to the USPGA though annoyingly out for the next few evenings so will need to record and fast forward most of it.

who we all tipping and why?
    I've gone e/w to 12 places for Rory, along with Rham, Scheffler, Fleetwood, Koepka, Hoveland and Rose. 
    I did another bet which is Fleetwood, Hatton, Fitzpatrick, Hatton and Rose to finish in Top 40 @ 28/1 on Sky bet!

Well that was a better result than I expected. I forgot I also did Schauffele, by mistake, as I meant Scheffler, realised my mistake and did both of them. But best of all was Rose at 150/1 e/w, so that paid out handsomely at a 5th of the odds. Overall a good result for me!
  • Options
    RIP Grayson Murray.

Shocking news, only 30 years old.
  • Options
    Absolutely Shocking! RIP Grayson!
  • Options
    RIP Grayson

Had been suffering mental health problems for the last six years 😢
  • Options
    Really knocked me this one, RIP Grayson

strange tournament now 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    RIP Grayson

Had been suffering mental health problems for the last six years 😢
    Confirmed as suicide. How awful.
  • Options
    Poor soul, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Grayson
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Great to see MacIntyre win the Canadian Open this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After watching the coverage of the Canadian Open all I can say is thank Christ we have Sky covering most other tournaments. 
  • Options
    After watching the coverage of the Canadian Open all I can say is thank Christ we have Sky covering most other tournaments. 
    Yeah, can’t understand why Sky can devote 10hrs of coverage a day but not utilise their own commentary team. The add on costs for a UK studio commentary team would have been minimal.

Really pleased for McIntyre but he really didn’t make the last round easy and christ was he slow 
  • Options
    edited June 12
    The winner will be on -5 or something but this feels like a proper US Open and test.

-Short grass around greens so you can't just get out LW
    -Diagonal fairways so tight driving and shot shape is needed 
    -Distance and spin control needed into some of the most demanding green sites in the world 
    -Mega fast greens place a further premium on short game
    -Some randomness with bushes in native areas. Some uneven sand in bunkers, a true punishment.

I'm all in for players moaning. It's playing fast and firm and should separate the truest golfers from those who bomb and gouge or over rely on Trackman.

I don't recall Woods ever having odds as short as Scheffler's 3/1(?). Maybe in 2000 or before online betting.

So I picked Koepka, Lowry, Morikawa and Matsuyama.
  • Options
    With the greens already fast and likely to get faster I think anyone who shoots par or better has a chance. Scheffler the man to beat but hardly backable at around 3-1. With no confidence at all I've backed Hovland to win and Homa, Theegala & Bradley ew. 
  • Options
    Tough group for McIlroy. Scheffler AND Shauffele.

And by all.accounts McIlroy is feeling more content now he has withdrawn his divorce petition. 
  • Options
    Can’t see that straitening out his iron play though and I think that will be key. Staying on these greens will be vital. 
  • Options
    Tough group for McIlroy. Scheffler AND Shauffele.

And by all.accounts McIlroy is feeling more content now he has withdrawn his divorce petition. 
    Great group, might spur each other on i reckon. Winner likely from that group, most probably SS

Most tipsters think Scottie is a shoe in here, but such a short price ive gone for a few outsiders mostly.
    Koepka first round leader ew, also to win outright only (boosted odds)
    Theegala ew
    Mccarthy ew
    English ew
    JT Poston ew
    Dunlap ew
    Higgs ew (12 places)
    all ew are 8 places by Harry Higgs

Should be a cracker, shame it overlaps the Euros. Although most people can watch both no doubt, expecting around -8 to win maybe a bit lower depends on weather really, will play tough but still dont think it will be anyone who breaks even. 
  • Options
    Having backed him for the last two majors, I have to stick with Morikawa - 3rd in The Masters and 4th (The PGA), 4th (Charles Schwab) and 2nd (The Memorial) in his last three comps. 

• Options
    Having backed him for the last two majors, I have to stick with Morikawa - 3rd in The Masters and 4th (The PGA), 4th (Charles Schwab) and 2nd (The Memorial) in his last three comps. 

He is in great form, however i do worry as he did have chances in the Memorial to get the win, missed a few crucial chances. For that reason i have avoided on fantasy and betting, definitely capable but surely after the weekend might not be mentally ready? well see. 
  • Options

He is in great form, however i do worry as he did have chances in the Memorial to get the win, missed a few crucial chances. For that reason i have avoided on fantasy and betting, definitely capable but surely after the weekend might not be mentally ready? well see. 
    He is playing a bit like a horse who needs to win without knowing that he has actually crossed the line first. But, at the price (19.50 on Betfair), hopefully will get a run for my money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks a tricky course if the first hour is anything to go by. Dont go long, dont be short & watch out for the scrub  waste areas. 
  • Options
    I'm struggling with all the fluff they're showing, probably because of adverts in USA. We just want to watch golf shots  :/ I haven't watched much Tour golf lately because of this. 

These tufts are playing a lot like heather. It might look playable but you've still got to take your medicine. Interfering with back swings as well like we've just seen with Schauffele.
  • Options
    edited June 16
    Bryson doesn't quite have it yet today. His short game and clutch putting have been tested a lot already.

Looking like a two horse race with him and Rory.

(Edit - on cue, McIlroy bogeys the easiest hole on the course)

• Options
    Rory’s quietly moved into a tie for the lead…
  • Options
    edited June 16
    Two shot lead for McIlroy… 5/6 holes to play
  • Options
    Two shot lead for McIlroy… 5/6 holes to play
    Fucked the 15th again! Bogey🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Rory & Bryson both getting the wobbles.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Rory & Bryson both getting the wobbles.
    What a time for Rory to miss that putt on 16