Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The (Professional) Golf Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Hes completely lost it on the last 3 holes. Thats going to hurt.
  • Options
    The USA chants are so f##king grating
  • Options
    That's one hell of a bunker shot.
  • Options
    Complete eff up by Rory. 
  • Options
    Well done Bryson, but Rory threw that one away.
  • Options
    Rory had that. Hes not going to sleep well tonight
  • Options
    If McIlroy had any doubts previously as to when he will next win a Major then those two putts will haunt him. My son tells me that, prior to those two, he was 496/496 putts from 3 feet or less. That's pressure for you. 
  • Options
    He will never LIV that down  
  • Options
    FFS

I'm not buying the Bryson redemption either. Maybe when he stops anchoring his putter. 
  • Options
    Massive massive choke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Rory, man…
  • Options
    Hope for Rory’s sake he can bounce back from this.
  • Options
    Gutted for Rory. Can't believe he threw it away like he did. Those short putts for par 😱. As @Addick Addict said above....the putt on 15 was the first time this year he has missed inside 3 foot. 496 other times before then he's holed out.  As Billy Joel once sang.....1,2,3,4 Pressure. 

• Options
    oh Rory  what happened,still that up and down from Bryson on the 18th deserved to win any tournament.
  • Options
    What I would say, that’s the most I’ve enjoyed a PGA tournament in ages. That course was fantastic and absolutely brilliant seeing pros struggle round the greens 
  • Options
    What I would say, that’s the most I’ve enjoyed a PGA tournament in ages. That course was fantastic and absolutely brilliant seeing pros struggle round the greens 
    I know its supposed to be a tough test but the pin on the par 5 10th was bordering on unfair. Rory hit an iron into the green and landed 10 foot on & 20 feet from the left edge. For it to roll all the way off & into "scrub" was nor a suitable punishment imo. 
  • Options
    I know it’s supposed to be a tough test but the pin on the par 5 10th was bordering on unfair. Rory hit an iron into the green and landed 10 foot on & 20 feet from the left edge. For it to roll all the way off & into "scrub" was nor a suitable punishment imo. 
    I’m assuming that was his 2nd shot?

• Options
    I know it’s supposed to be a tough test but the pin on the par 5 10th was bordering on unfair. Rory hit an iron into the green and landed 10 foot on & 20 feet from the left edge. For it to roll all the way off & into "scrub" was nor a suitable punishment imo. 
    I’m assuming that was his 2nd shot?

Yes it was. You could argue that a par 5 is  made as a 3 shot-er with the 3rd being a short iron that can land softly.......but with today's ball & clubs virtually all pro's can go for a par 5 in 2. 
  • Options
    I know its supposed to be a tough test but the pin on the par 5 10th was bordering on unfair. Rory hit an iron into the green and landed 10 foot on & 20 feet from the left edge. For it to roll all the way off & into "scrub" was nor a suitable punishment imo. 
    That was the 5th. It played as the easiest hole on the course all week ( https://www.usopen.com/2024/course-stats.html ) and has a huge false front. The miss is long or right (like Bryson yesterday), not short or left. Rory knew this as he got stuck in the same place on Friday yet repeated the error. 

It was bad course management, not bad set up. 

I feel like I watched some sort of snuff movie last night.
  • Options
    Rory will win The Open. You heard it here first. I honestly think that loss is the low point and that he’ll bounce back