Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurel Hubbard

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    @kentaddick

I've asked you a simple question several times which is do you think gender categories should be scrapped? A simple yes or no would suffice rather than a lot of waffle.

No I don’t - but I also can’t see why a trans woman shouldn’t be able to compete in women’s competitions, as there are genetic oddities that allow certain athletes to outcompete others anyway. Why should we discriminate against trans people? 

I, a 30 year old man, if I wouldn’t be able to compete with an Olympic woman in any sport, because I don’t have the conditioning, training or talent. A trans woman competing to an Olympic level would have all three of those - just like other women. She might not have webbed feet say, that other women might have to be able to swim faster. That’s a biological advantage, and they’re not banned from competing. So why should another biological difference matter? 
    That's ludicrous. I'm 47 and not particularly fit compared to most of the young lads I race my bike against week in week out. Yet - with about six months of proper training, there isn't a single woman I couldn't annihilate in a road race or a crit - should I then be able to qualify for the GB female Olympic team in the road race?. Just because YOU'RE shit, doesn't mean other people in elite sport are pal 😂
    You could beat an Olympic woman with six months of training? Bold claim. 
    As an example. Clearly not posting this to boast about beating a woman in a race (cos that would be... Super pathetic 🤣🤣🤣) but to illustrate a point. I raced against this lass a couple of weekends ago and beat her all ends up without even trying (I sat up in the sprint after getting chopped on the last corner). Yesterday, she won one of the most prestigious national series races for women in the most dominant victory ever seen in the women's race - a solo breakaway over 40 km, winning by over three minutes. And - like I said - I'm shit 😏

• Options

So all of that debate for umm, not much. 
  • Options
    Wow
  • Options
    Not all trans athletes agree

'I don't think I should play against other women - it's not fair': Trans professional golfer Alison Perkins admits that being raised as a boy skews a level playing field

• Options

A report, from Sport England, has concluded that trans women have an advantage in some sports, even when testosterone levels have been reduced. 

To protect female sport whilst also ensuring transgender participation, the report suggested that new 'universal' or 'open' categories are introduced for trans athletes.