Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Good battling by Kane there.
  • Options
    Keeper literally stood still with his hand out. 

But anyway, was a good chance and it's good we're finally putting Kane in those positions. 
    It appears for some that any shot that doesnt go in is a "bad miss" - Football would be rather ridiculous if every effort on target went in though wouldnt you say? 
    If I was one of the top 5 strikers in the world, I'd be disappointed if I didn't finish that. 
    But you would also have to accept you cant score every opportunity 
  • Options
    Saka is one of those players that you need to build a team around. 

No ego, just wants the ball every second of the game and wants to move it forward. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Ooof I thought that was in from Soucek

Although hope that VAR would disallow it for the high foot
  • Options
    I don’t know how we’ve not conceded this tournament.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips really is overrated. Just making up numbers tonight
    Phillips has been better than Rice.
  • Options
    Defence is still shaky
  • Options
    Kane is playing like Giroud today. I don't particularly trust him to kill them with goals but no-one is knocking him off the ball. Needs to receive the ball to feet with his back to goal a bit more tonight, it's working
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I don’t know how we’ve not conceded this tournament.
    The three teams we've faced dont really have a world class Striker or front line do they
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
     I'd say he's been one pass better 😂 

They really are an odd pairing.
  • Options
    Great pass from Pickford to Grealish and onto Kane whose cross was cut out well.
  • Options
    Yep Saka and Grealish the main men here. They need to stop playing so well because old garth may well drop them next week.
  • Options
    Grealish has looked class.

We need to be playing both him and Foden, it would really open up gaps with quick interplay.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:

They are an odd pairing. For me when you watch Rice all he does in the middle when we have possession is point towards where the ball should go, he never demands it and controls a midfield. Phillips creates options with angles and has a much better passing range.
  • Options
    Saka is so so good, doesn't look phased at all, what a talent 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:

They are an odd pairing. For me when you watch Rice all he does in the middle when we have possession is point towards where the ball should go, he never demands it and controls a midfield. Phillips creates options with angles and has a much better passing range.
    Very fair argument.

Even a moment ago he showed how poor his communication is with Phillips!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure about that. My issue with Phillips is I'm not sure where he plays. Rice protects the back 4 but Phillips moves up a bit more without doing enough to notice. I guess that's the formation/tactic issue rather than Phillips himself who was obviously superb first game. Think Bellingham more suited to this one tonight. 
  • Options
    Great goal for the Scots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine if you actually trusted the youth and had the likes of Bellingham, Saka, Sancho, Foden in this side. Would be lethal. 
    To be fair he did start that way, but his commitment to those younger players appears to have waivered.
  • Options

We need to be playing both him and Foden, it would really open up gaps with quick interplay.
    Is Foden injured or being rested?
  • Options

He is on a yellow card
  • Options
    Is the Scotland match on anywhere ? It seems that even ITV2 is showing the England match. Looks like the Auld enemy might be a better watch for the 2nd half.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Protected against another yellow I think 
    Thanks 
  • Options
    This is soooo boring….
  • Options
    Well done England 
  • Options
    Saka is so so good, doesn't look phased at all, what a talent 
    FAZED.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure about that. My issue with Phillips is I'm not sure where he plays. Rice protects the back 4 but Phillips moves up a bit more without doing enough to notice. I guess that's the formation/tactic issue rather than Phillips himself who was obviously superb first game. Think Bellingham more suited to this one tonight. 
    I would have Bellingham playing some part tonight too. Phillips can protect the back four well too, he’s more than capable. But yes he’s been tasked to get forward more which he can do, it’s clear Southgate wants someone who could break forward and find that pass, but also more than capable of being defensively sound as well.