Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Does anyone know how many games Rice and Phillips have played together for England? 
    Six games by the looks of things ... All since the start of the season just gone - Havent been many games this last year where they haven't played together 
    How many goals have we conceded in those 6?
    Two... The one against Denmark when they beat us 1-0 in the Nations League and once against Poland in the recent World Cup qualifier

With Phillips playing at all (seven games) we've only conceded three goals, have scored fourteen
    See I don't think it's necessary against Czech or Scotland but it was against Croatia (edit I didn't mean Scotland twice) and will be against whoever we play next.  I don't think we have the luxury of changing systems/formations.

Leave them there and try and get the combination of the front 4 and full backs right. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Does anyone know how many games Rice and Phillips have played together for England? 
    Six games by the looks of things ... All since the start of the season just gone - Havent been many games this last year where they haven't played together 
    Two... The one against Denmark when they beat us 1-0 in the Nations League and once against Poland in the recent World Cup qualifier

With Phillips playing at all (seven games) we've only conceded three goals, have scored fourteen
    Including the San Marino game is a bit of a stretch. 

Phillips results minus the minnow game: 

0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0, 2-1. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

So we would win the tournament if that continues?  
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Fumbluff said:
    I’m miffed if I’m Mings
    I’ve got good news then. You’re not. 
    I wouldn’t want to be Minging either 😉.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

But if the stats include San Marino why not include it

Why not discount non competitive games as well? 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’m miffed if I’m Mings
    So would I be, you posted on here during the last game! 
  • Options
    They owe us a performance after last week and I think we will get it.

2-0 Czech Republic
  • Options
    Is it just me surprised that Shaw is 25 ! He seems to have been playing for years 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Are we playing Romania, Albania and Poland in the knockouts? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah, maybe
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Could play Poland.

Have Rice and Phillips played against France, Belgium, Italy, Holland, Germany etc? 
  • Options
    With qualification secured it's something of a free hit this one. We want to see a performance that can inspire confidence for the rest of the tournament, but it's also a chance to rest some and get minutes into others. Makes sense to rotate a bit and especially give someone like Maguire a start,
  • Options
    The Poland that lost to Slovakia? Alright, dream on. 
  • Options
    Kin’ell cmon mate, just try enjoy the game tonight and we can pick it apart afterwards.

Cmon England.
  • Options
    And drew with Spain. They just have to beat Sweden who are pretty average themselves
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I hope you all saw James waiting for the ball to get at Scotland's defense and 4 times Sterling didn't give him the pass.
    Sterling decided to run into a cul de sac.

Great to hear Gary Neville talking Sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    We just a need a good performance and to gather some momentum.
  • Options
    Neville does turn into a bit of a yes man when it comes to England. 
  • Options
    Come on England!  Kane hatrick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God sake... Have hit the woodwork in all three games

Its classic Charlton 
  • Options
    Kane should never drop deep and Stirling shouldn't be playing 🙄
  • Options
    Sterling has to score there 
  • Options
    Was a bad miss
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sterling has to score there 
    I dunno, I think he did extremely well to get there ahead of the keeper and get the lob off at all, after that it's just bad luck. Great run as well
  • Options
     It’s the same kinda theme. Open a side early on with a long ball. They sit back 5 yards. We are then a bit meh.
  • Options
    Why have we slowed down so much? Southgate had us playing so excellent, fast-paced football not so long ago
  • Options
    Thank fuck for Grealish.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Yeah why play Sterling... and Grealish... 
  • Options
    Yessss