Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Has Sancho been banging Southgate's Mrs?

• Options
    Looking forward to this .. the Czechs have found their form in this tournament and will give us a very hard game .. Grealish on from the start, let's see if he takes his big chance. 
  • Options
    Just cracked my first Staropramen. Thought I’d do something for the Czechs as I think England will coast this one. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I'll say this about Southgate. Forget about us fans, but a lot of better managers than him have told him that 2 holding midfielders is an issue, and he happily ignores them. We have to hope Phillips plays higher like he did against Croatia.
  • Options
    Maybe he ran over Southgate's cat?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Rice and Phillips again. Sterling clearly being rewarded for his fantastic game last time out. 

Literally the best crop of young players in the World other than maybe France and we have this dinosaur in charge. 

Time for a Southgate special of a terrible performance but a set-piece goal leading the population to ignore the other 89 minutes to claim England are back in business. 
  • Options
    I don’t mind that lineup. Pace on both sides to try and pull the across the pitch which should allow space for Grealish. 
  • Options
    Think Rashford should have been given a start over Kane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the idea with Kane is he needs a gaol to get going. I can see that.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many games Rice and Phillips have played together for England? 
  • Options
    Sensible decision to leave out Foden if he's on a yellow card - Especially with Mason Mount out with COVID
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Does anyone know how many games Rice and Phillips have played together for England? 
    Will you accept too many as an answer?
  • Options
    Agreed lock him up! 😉
  • Options
    So when is Maguire limping off? 

I'm going 23rd minute. 
  • Options
    If only Rice/Philips had got a yellow - would have been great to see Bellingham
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Six games by the looks of things ... All since the start of the season just gone - Havent been many games this last year where they haven't played together 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Too many 😈
  • Options
    He needs a fkin shot first
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fwiw the leak was correct against croatia too. At 9.15am someone tweeted the expected lineup and it was spot on. So every game so far the leaks have been correct.
  • Options
    Could lose this eve 10-0 and still be through, and he still picks 2 CDMs. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Six games by the looks of things ... All since the start of the season just gone - Havent been many games this last year where they haven't played together 
    How many goals have we conceded in those 6?
  • Options
    Oh FFS listening to the pundits pre match have filled me with hopeful optimism! All saying we are going to press forward. Even GS said it's a game for our front players to Express themselves ! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Two... The one against Denmark when they beat us 1-0 in the Nations League and once against Poland in the recent World Cup qualifier

With Phillips playing at all (seven games) we've only conceded three goals, have scored fourteen
  • Options
    Win tonight, score a few goals and
    Stay at Wembley and have a week to recover and play France, Germany or Portugal. Play them early and let's be positive. We will be slight underdogs but we will rise to the occasion; fingers crossed.
  • Options
    If Phillips can get forwards like he did against Croatia it may be acceptable. But play like we did against Scotland and it won't be. 
  • Options
    Win tonight, score a few goals and
    Stay at Wembley and have a week to recover and play France, Germany or Portugal. Play them early and let's be positive. We will be slight underdogs but we will rise to the occasion; fingers crossed.
    Fancy our chances against Portugal tbh. Germany showed how vulnerable they are against decent wing backs
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    0-0
    1-0
    2-1
    2-0
    0-0
    2-1

Average goals against: 0.33
    Average goals for: 1.17
  • Options
    I’m miffed if I’m Mings