Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    hermann said:
    Previous leaks have all been wrong haven't they?
    Most have been wrong if i remember right, although i think it was spot on for the Scotland game and the first game, depends where you search i guess as they get banded around. I am not sure how confident i am this is 100% but thought i'd post as semi- reliable
    That's 100% of England's games...🤷🏻‍♂️
    I know this tournament, before people often said how Southgates teams never got leaked but seems to this Championship. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    colthe3rd said:
    Laddick01 said:
    If that’s the leaked team and we’re playing Sterling over Foden or Sancho I’m whacking out the Wales Shirt.
    That's the spirit.

Do people actually support the national team or just like to get upset about things?
    The I'd prefer to support Scotland or Wales comments this week are really strange.
    I hope it doesn't continue into the new season and fans start proclaiming they don't like the formation or tactics so would prefer to be supporting Palace or Millwall.
  • Options
    Another Southgate borefest, backwards , sideways pass, pass Zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    He's absolutely gutted that he's got to play Grealish isn't he.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Laddick01 said:
    If that’s the leaked team and we’re playing Sterling over Foden or Sancho I’m whacking out the Wales Shirt.
    That's the spirit.

Do people actually support the national team or just like to get upset about things?
    It’s obviously a joke.

I just don’t think we should be playing Sterling out of position over two players that would do a better job there. 
    Not so sure he's out of position, can comfortably play down the right. I'd like to have seen him play Sancho there definitely. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Saka as shown by Arsenal is able to turn anything into gold. 

Clearly something is going on with Sancho and Southgate. Maybe he think the United move is distracting him? If so, why is he playing Kane every game when he's basically begging teams to sign him?
  • Options

Clearly something is going on with Sancho and Southgate. Maybe he think the United move is distracting him? If so, why is he playing Kane every game when he's basically begging teams to sign him?
    There’s a difference between Kane and Sancho tho. Sancho has 4/5 other players in the squad that can play where he can. Kane is a world class striker who’s only competition in the squad plays for Everton. 

Personal opinion is that Sancho struggles to do what’s asked of him and Southgate doesn’t like that. I’ve watched some of the England training videos and he doesn’t appear to be the sharpest tool in the box. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    At first glance I thought you was going to have a five knuckle shuffle and thought blimey that’s a bit over the top especially for an Englishman 😁.
  • Options
    gmantaxi said:
    Another Southgate borefest, backwards , sideways pass, pass Zzzzzzzz
    Ironically that might suit us tonight and enable us to finish 2nd and have an easier game next round . Personally I’d rather go out win the game and win the group. If we have designs on winning the tournament we will have to play big teams at some point. 
  • Options

There’s a difference between Kane and Sancho tho. Sancho has 4/5 other players in the squad that can play where he can. Kane is a world class striker who’s only competition in the squad plays for Everton. 

Personal opinion is that Sancho struggles to do what’s asked of him and Southgate doesn’t like that. I’ve watched some of the England training videos and he doesn’t appear to be the sharpest tool in the box
    I mean if you're playing footballers based on intelligence, would probably rule out some of the best players ever to have played the game. 

Sometimes when you have a talent you just let them play. Sancho is someone that knows his role and what he needs to do, he doesn't need to be told by an ex-average centre back how to play as a winger. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Personal opinion is that Sancho struggles to do what’s asked of him and Southgate doesn’t like that. I’ve watched some of the England training videos and he doesn’t appear to be the sharpest tool in the box
    I mean if you're playing footballers based on intelligence, would probably rule out some of the best players ever to have played the game. 

Sometimes when you have a talent you just let them play. Sancho is someone that knows his role and what he needs to do, he doesn't need to be told by an ex-average centre back how to play as a winger. 
    There’s a difference between intelligence and being able to follow instructions. We know Southgate is a ‘rigid’ style of manager and he expects players to do a job for the team not the individual. That’s his style which unfortunately isn’t great for our creative flair players. Hopefully he loosens the shackles tonight and sancho comes on.
  • Options

I 'm trying to remember another England international at a major tournament when there's wasn't even consensus on whether it's better to win, lose or draw.

Belgium in 2018?
  • Options
    Meat pie, sausage roll, come on England!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can we finish third and if so who do we play ? 
  • Options
    Presume of Scotland win and we lose we finish 3rd. Croatia win we have the head to head 
  • Options
    Leaked team, dont quote me if i'm wrong: 

Pickford
    Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw
    Rice, Phillips
    Sterling, Grealish, Saka
    Kane

I dont mind it, but how is Sancho not ahead of Saka, i rate Saka just feels like we have one of the best wingers in the last couple of years for dortmund who cant seem to get a look in. 
    You were right. 
  • Options
    I would love to see Scotland win tonight. For the UK to get all 3 teams through to the last 16 would be great. I'm actually torn over what game to watch tonight as I thing the Scotland - Croatia game might be a better game to watch
  • Options

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I would love to see Scotland win tonight. For the UK to get all 3 teams through to the last 16 would be great. I'm actually torn over what game to watch tonight as I thing the Scotland - Croatia game might be a better game to watch
    It will be because if its a draw they both go out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rice and Phillips! No no no ffs. 
  • Options
    Fuck fu@k fcuk! The telly broke. 

Keep updates coming guys.
  • Options
    I know I’m a pessimistic arsehole when it comes to England but I’m yet to see a full lineup that excites me. 

Not sure if my expectations are too high or we’re just playing boring line ups.
  • Options
    Foden not on the bench.
  • Options
    Walker, Maguire, Grealish, Saka in.

James, Mings, Mount, Foden out.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I know I’m a pessimistic arsehole when it comes to England but I’m yet to see a full lineup that excites me. 

The question is, with the players available, can you pick a line up which excites you?
  • Options
    We have scored one goal this tournament. Sterling scored it. I really don't understand the level of hate he gets from England fans, but then there always has to be a scapegoat in every team. It's interesting how much Saka has jumped to the front considering he didn't seem to be getting into the squad when there were only 23 going. Good to see Maguire there, hopefully Henderson can get some time on the pitch as well
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

It's the 2nd option mate.

GS was never going to make major changes was he, if he did and the team put in a performance that would put him in an impossible position when he reverted back for the knockout game. Note the singular use when saying knockout game 😂
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

The question is, with the players available, can you pick a line up which excites you?
    Pickford
    Any RB Stones Maguire Either LB
    Rice 
    Bellingham Mount
    Grealish Kane Foden
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I recall thinking not that long ago that he was up there with the best.  For whatever reason he has had a rough few months at City but surely he still is the same player. If I was the manager, I would want to help him find form because an in form Sterling gives England an edge.