Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Got an assist today and Wrexham fans love him already. One on there fans forum already calling him a cheat code.  Wrexham sit 2nd. 
    Good luck to him. Great servant of ours, gave everything for the club whilst here. 

This can't be true. Dobson is a bang average mid table league 1 player. Source Charlton Life experts.
    Very true, along with Elliot Lee and Eoghan O'Connell.
    I also haven’t seen  many people saying Dobson is average just his replacements are probably better . Lee,  a regular run in League 1 time will tell . O’Connell a bang average League 1 player.  I certainly agree with that one.
  • I suspect he is already a better player than he was for much of his time here when he played purely defensively to protect a dodgy back four. Towards the end of last season NJ got him to go forward more and use his passing skills more. He looked a different player then.
    Good luck to him and I fear Wrexham are ahead of us already in chances for promotion.
  • Croydon said:
    Really really hope we finish above Wrexham 
    Wrexham got a shock coming to them if they think league one going to be easy .. can see them bottom half 

That aged well.
  • He wasn't the only one tbf, quite a few on here were saying the same...
  • Safe to say they won't be bottom half 
  • I was round my Peterborough Utd friend’s house on Saturday and watched a bit of the game. All these supposedly not good enough ex Charlton players were running rings round Posh. Dobbo looked very good. I wish Charlton could create as many goal scoring chances as Wrexham did in that game.
  • Redhenry said:
    Safe to say they won't be bottom half 
    Is it 'Safe' to say that? The team that were top of the table after 4 games last season were Cambridge. They went on to finish 19th.

Port Vale were 2nd after 8 games, they got relegated. 
    Corr there are some real Wrexham haters on here, they have hardly used any of their budget yet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Is it 'Safe' to say that? The team that were top of the table after 4 games last season were Cambridge. They went on to finish 19th.

Corr there are some real Wrexham haters on here, they have hardly used any of their budget yet...
    And there are some that also seem to want to bash one out over them at every opportunity. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

And  too many Wrexham  lovers on here.
    Budget ? Parkinson was quoted as saying they had enough budget for one more signing on transfer deadline day after spending an underwhelming amount on players. . Comments like Wrexham have a budget to match Birmingham ( which have been on this site ) are laughable.
  • edited September 3
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

And there are some that also seem to want to bash one out over them at every opportunity. 
    Not me, just trying to get some to be realistic. jeez :)

• Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Budget ? Parkinson was quoted as saying they had enough budget for one more signing on transfer deadline day after spending an underwhelming amount on players. . Comments like Wrexham have a budget to match Birmingham ( which have been on this site ) are laughable.
    You laugh pal but it's a fact, been told by more than one agent!
  • I think Andy Scott is once again is proven wrong (Appleton, Ahadme etc..). If Dobbo is supposed to be average why was he picked up by one of the leagues most ambitious and well funded teams. He looked great in a slightly more attacking midfielder position at the weekend, picked up an assist too.
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

With respect.... it hardly makes any difference. Either they have a massive budget but for other reasons couldn't convince their targets (whether that's Parkinson or something else) OR they never had the money in the first place.

Either way they really didn't do much to build a really good, promotion worthy L1 team and while they probably will be okay I would personally be very surprised if they can hold their current form for the whole season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Andy Scott is once again is proven wrong (Appleton, Ahadme etc..). If Dobbo is supposed to be average why was he picked up by one of the leagues most ambitious and well funded teams. He looked great in a slightly more attacking midfielder position at the weekend, picked up an assist too.
    Did he really look great in a more advanced role last season? I don't think he did and Coventry has filled his role with ease already so far this season. Collecting the ball calmly and not having to chase and put in a tackle and hope someone clears it up. We all loved Dobbo when he played for us but he's not our player no more and I do believe we've upgraded in the midfield in most if not all the players we have brought in since. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

With respect.... it hardly makes any difference. Either they have a massive budget but for other reasons couldn't convince their targets (whether that's Parkinson or something else) OR they never had the money in the first place.

Either way they really didn't do much to build a really good, promotion worthy L1 team and while they probably will be okay I would personally be very surprised if they can hold their current form for the whole season.
    I agree with you there at 2.5 points per game would give them 115 points :)
    Hey I would love it if we smash them, just saying write them off at your peril...
  • Redhenry said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Hey I would love it if we smash them, just saying write them off at your peril...
    We’re 4 games into the season it is ridiculous to project a points total at this time.  
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Don’t doubt that’s what you’ve been told but are you saying they could spend £10-15m on a player if they wanted to?
  • Redhenry said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

3 days ago we were on our way to 138 points, now we're only going to get a lowly 103.5. Things change quickly.
  • Current points spread with sporting index

Wrexham 75-77
    Charlton 70.5-72.5
  • Im very confident that we will finish above Wrexham this season, however that doesnt negate my view that GD was badly treated by the club and that he still gets into our current starting team if he was still here. Its all water under the bridge now so onwards and upwards etc but people who are claiming we have upgraded are seriously wrong imo
  • Redhenry said:

just like we are far from safe.