Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• SDAddick said:
    Look, it's not perfect, but I appreciate that he's trying. Sweet potatoes are a good shout. My girlfriend and I do chili the day after Thanksgiving. This year we put some left over butternut squash in and it added some nice texture and sweetness. 

As with all things Dobbo, it feels very earnest, and I appreciate that. If you want SD Addick's Guacamole recipe "to garnish" let me know
    Has it got peas in it?
  • Really not been overly impressed with Dobbo in recent weeks..
    He just doesn't look at it.
    Head turned?
    Head turned?
    Playing within himself to avoid the suspension for bookings?

When is the window that it changes from 5 bookings to 10
    Head turned?

Now done and dusted after this afternoon. 
    Head turned?

Yesterday’s game was our 19th game, it has moved up to 10 bookings.
    Head turned?
    My guess is that captain’s armband is the problem. IMHO he doesn’t look or act like a natural captain and the current disruptive effect of Appleton’s tinkering with the team is restricting his natural game of focussing on the ball, wherever it is, and going for it. There must be a natural captain within the ranks on that training ground, give him the armband and let Dobbo concentrate on doing what he does particularly well.
  • If he doesn’t sign a new contract, do they sell him in January?
  • I think he's just knackered and fed up. It's noticeable he's had a few ropey games recently but no one has picked up the slack. I'm sure he's trying everything he can but it isn't working. I'd love him to stay but couldn't blame him if he goes.
  • Dobson has not been as bad recently as some fans pretend, I suspect he is as fed up as most of us fans by being surrounded by players who don't have the fight he does, it is why I slightly fear if a championship london club(so he could stay near family) decided to put in an offer of May that he might be keen to leave early too.

I also have at the back of my mind that some elements of those in charge may be obsessed with youth who have a higher potential resale value that they have offered Dobson an insulting contract offer.

As he has more then earned a pay increase and more then earned a serious commitment contract from us.

I really hope in January or the summer not having to put up with those fans with friendly ties to the current people in charge of our club are not in full PR spin mode claiming Dobson turned down a a bumper contract because he is so greedy and hates our club.

It was so blatant what was going on in the summer.

• Sponsored links:

• Dobson's passing radar was a bit off yesterday, but that was him having a bad day at the office, rather than a sign of someone going through the motions.
  • Dobson's passing radar was a bit off yesterday, but that was him having a bad day at the office, rather than a sign of someone going through the motions.
    I think the conditions played a part too. 
  • fenaddick said:
    I think he's just knackered and fed up. It's noticeable he's had a few ropey games recently but no one has picked up the slack. I'm sure he's trying everything he can but it isn't working. I'd love him to stay but couldn't blame him if he goes.
    I agree been played in every game with a bunch of heartless tossers or kids think he is shattered. He wasn’t at the top of his game yesterday but carried it 30 yards when needed and not one other fucker offered owt
    Wouldn't surprise me.

We don't exactly look like we're going to be play off contenders, so if he makes it clear he won't sign a new deal (and to be honest who would blame him if he does), then i do wonder if they'll decide to sell and start looking ahead and planning for next season. Same goes for CBT as well.

Personally no as I have seen no evidence our recruitment team would spend any money wisely, I am also pretty certain we will sell CBT and we can't afford to lose both.
  • edited December 2023
    I will be moderately surprised if he signs for a Championship club in January, or the summer… best of luck to him if he does.
  • edited December 2023
    Now 19 games has gone, he can get back to playing his normal game. He will be on his game next week, trust me 🤗
  • And will almost certainly get booked
  • I think Wrexham will come back in for him.
  • Loved George's work rate and attitude, but we seem to be building the side around him and he's simply not good enough for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Loved George's work rate and attitude, but we seem to be building the side around him and he's simply not good enough for that.
    Nonsense
    He's our Makalele
    If we built players around Jones, Dobbo, May and complemented them we'd not go wrong.
    You've had a mare there Dazzler
  • Hertha Berlin?

• Hertha Berlin?

Where’s this come from?
  • Sure he cant wait to sign a new deal after that today
  • I won't be devastated when he leaves. He's not that good 
  • Good luck to him, deserves to be surrounded by players of his fight and standard. 

Baffles me some are fine with him leaving when our team is already a bunch soft lazy weaklings. 
  • Leuth said:
    I won't be devastated when he leaves. He's not that good 
    Seen this said about so many players over the last 10-15 years but how often have we improved after losing our better players?
  • edited December 2023
    Rapidly approaching the point of wanting a full clear out of anyone that’s been here longer than six months.

Dobson’s been one of our best players in a 30 months stretch where we’ve been no better than a mid table side.