Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Lots of misinformation here. 

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

If you compared the shirt picture with this one:
    https://www.fehervarfc.hu/en/news/slovenian-national-team-striker-joins-vidi
    You can see the diffence.

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
    It is not a precontract. He officialy signed with us from the summer.
    It must be a pre-contract if he’s staying at Charlton for now. I don’t think a player can be contracted to two clubs at once and, I presume, the team in Hungary won’t start paying his wages until July 1st. So I think, as of now, he is contracted to Charlton and, at best, pre-contracted to Fehervar.
    Ok. I see you point, but it is doesn't matter, he is gone, and left the club latest at the summer. 3 days still remain from the hungarian tranfer window.
    I don’t know, I think there’s still the chance of a twist in this tale. I don’t think you realise how chaotic things are at Charlton! 
    But he’s signed a pre contract. It’s binding. If he wants to get out of it it’s going to cost him.
  • edited February 11
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Know for a fact 2 of our better players are absolutely furious about how this was handled (over the last few weeks) and it’s been on show in some of the games. I’m not going to name names but it’s fairly obvious who looks pissed off. 
    I read some of the anti-Dobson comments on here and some are truly painful to comprehend some managed to get to those conclusions. 
    Dobson new contract was less than one of the worst right backs I’ve seen in my lifetime - that’s a fact. Because one person doesn’t rate him but rates the absolute dross they oversee coming in. 
    One of the things Nathan Jones presumably learnt yesterday as he mentioned, is that Coventry isn’t as good as Dobson (currently) - despite some acting like we had signed Pirlo after seeing him play a handful of games. So I hope that Jones has gone above Scott and had a say in him staying. 
    That leaves Andy Scott in the lurch and rightly so, league table doesn’t lie. 
    Shambles.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. Dobson is a free agent come the summer and has obviously had his agent on the case. He gets an offer from Hungary, Charlton have ummed and arred about their offer (rightly or wrongly) and George decided he wanted to leave. Why the fuck would two other players be so pissed off about another blokes contract negotiations? So much so that it affects their own performance FFS! There's practically no one in the squad that would have known the bloke for more than 2yrs either! And if other players are worried abt this type of shit they need to man up and up their fucking game rather than under performing and taking the money. It's football, players move on, so deal with it. Hopefully a strong character like Jones will drum it into this lot that they're fucking lucky to be there, cut the bitching out and start banging some goals in rather than complaining...not naming names. Oh, for the record I'm a fan of Dobson and I'm happy he appears to be staying. Really hope he can play a part in keeping us up. COYA
    Probably quite demotivating to see your club captain being disrespected and told he's not worthy of a decent contract. Then to be kicked out of the squad into the under-23s so we can get a couple of thousand pounds to let him leave early. 

It would show the lack of loyalty the management have towards some of their players. 
    Or the alternative view, as posted by some on here, was that we did offer him what he wanted (eventually, but probably too late). I personally would have offered him a decent wedge, but none of us really know what was on the table. The fact he was out of the first team picture last week makes sense as there was no point if he was leaving. Maybe they thought we might as well pick up a few quid ala CBT, but then Jones stepped in after Saturdays performance? I just can't see how this affects other players to such a great degree. I get that he's captain, but he'd signed for another team at the start of Jan so we're lead to believe and it's now affected some senior players? We have abt 10 players out of contract at the end of the season, so god help us if they're all mates and their buddies don't get what they're after ha!
    We don't know what was on the table, no. 

But the fact he'd rather go to Hungary and ply his trade rather than staying here, points to it not being a satisfactory number. Otherwise he would just stay. 

If he's being messed about as is reported, other players may be getting worried about their own contract negotiations in the future.

Like you said, 10 players are out of contract at the end of the season and if they've seen Dobson get screwed over, why wouldn't they too? 
    Also points that him and his advisors don’t think they will get a satisfactory offer from another English team as well. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Lots of misinformation here. 

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

If you compared the shirt picture with this one:
    https://www.fehervarfc.hu/en/news/slovenian-national-team-striker-joins-vidi
    You can see the diffence.

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
    It is not a precontract. He officialy signed with us from the summer.
    It must be a pre-contract if he’s staying at Charlton for now. I don’t think a player can be contracted to two clubs at once and, I presume, the team in Hungary won’t start paying his wages until July 1st. So I think, as of now, he is contracted to Charlton and, at best, pre-contracted to Fehervar.
    Ok. I see you point, but it is doesn't matter, he is gone, and left the club latest at the summer. 3 days still remain from the hungarian tranfer window.
    I don’t know, I think there’s still the chance of a twist in this tale. I don’t think you realise how chaotic things are at Charlton! 
    But he’s signed a pre contract. It’s binding. If he wants to get out of it it’s going to cost him.
    Or cost a club that wants to sign him or indeed a club who stopped listening to their failure of a technical director and wanted to keep him. 
  • edited February 11
    fenaddick said:
    On the claim above that 2 players are pissed off, one is clearly May but who is the other? Can’t think of anyone who shows they care enough to be annoyed 
    Yep Dobbo spoke very highly of May to Holden before he was signed, something along the lines of “ he’s a proper player” and they bonded from day one. The other I reckon could be either CB Jones or Hector, not ITK just gut feeling.
  • Having Dobbo back will feel like a new signing.
    THERE IT IS :D
  • Ok so lets give @Vjacheslav a break when we are arguing about legal comtractual definitions, he‘s doing his best with both a foreign language a different legal code. Take it out on me if you like because I‘m now pretty confused and I thought I had enough experience of this shit.

its been a while but I seem to recall that when I last moved jobs in the UK, I signed an employment contract with my new employer several weeks ahead of the start date. It was necessary to give me the confidence to resign the existing job knowing the new one was definite, and gave the new agency confidence that I wouldn‘t be swayed by a counter-offer from existing employer or another agency I might have been talking to. I don‘t recall it was called a Pre-comtract agreement, superseded by the real contract the day I started, but it might have been. 

Is that not still how it works in normal employment in the UK? Its different  in CZ , the employment contract starts only on the first day of work, so instead people sign Letters of Intent, but they are not legally enforceable.

someone who knows please set me (and most of the rest of us) straight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    I can’t actually believe the amount of people backing Dobson on this over the club, he got offered an increase and rejected us to move on regardless if he wanted more than Watson etc maybe they shouldn’t be on those wages either. 
    Yann, I am not privy to Dobson's wages or the proposed wage increase he was offered but there is some sort of comparison to be made within the squad. How much do you think Conor Coventry is earning at Charlton ? If you think that Conor Coventry is playing for Charlton on the same wages or on the proposed wage increase offered to George Dobson then you probably are drinking to excess. 
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Don’t expect Dobbo in on Tuesday. Don’t forget he’s got a sore calf!
    Was that part of his signing on fee? -

• Ok so lets give @Vjacheslav a break when we are arguing about legal comtractual definitions, he‘s doing his best with both a foreign language a different legal code. Take it out on me if you like because I‘m now pretty confused and I thought I had enough experience of this shit.

its been a while but I seem to recall that when I last moved jobs in the UK, I signed an employment contract with my new employer several weeks ahead of the start date. It was necessary to give me the confidence to resign the existing job knowing the new one was definite, and gave the new agency confidence that I wouldn‘t be swayed by a counter-offer from existing employer or another agency I might have been talking to. I don‘t recall it was called a Pre-comtract agreement, superseded by the real contract the day I started, but it might have been. 

Is that not still how it works in normal employment in the UK? Its different  in CZ , the employment contract starts only on the first day of work, so instead people sign Letters of Intent, but they are not legally enforceable.

someone who knows please set me (and most of the rest of us) straight.
    Think the thing that complicates it is that in practice it’s different for footballers than everyday citizens. If I want to change jobs I can just resign and join a new company, a footballer can’t do that so there are different rules. 

In effect Dobson has signed off his registration as of 1st July. Of course someone else could offer to buy it off the Hungarian team but the Hungarian team would be entitled to compensation that they set. 

A good rule is to never assume a footballers contract is like yours, with the greatest of respect none of us are likely to be valuable assets worth 6 figures to our employer, that changes things. 
  • George will know how much the fans appreciate is efforts,and I am sure he will give everything in his remaining time with us.His contribution will be the difference to going down or staying up.
    Agreed, BUT will he ever be selected again ?
    Not much point in blocking the move otherwise.
  • None of us really know the full details of the contract offer from CAFC or what led to Dobson deciding Hungary was his best option going forward.  
    I am just glad he will be around until the end of the season, I would rather he is doing what he does best in our midfield than sitting it out or being in Budapest.
    In any desperate situation you want the fighters to be on your side and whatever he lacks technically he has never let us down in effort and I don't see that starting now regardless of the bizarre circumstances that get us here.
    I hope he starts Tuesday and now this whole contract nonsense is out in the open that his return to the side can galvanize the rest of the side to stop its slow sleepwalk towards League 2.

• Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    I can’t actually believe the amount of people backing Dobson on this over the club, he got offered an increase and rejected us to move on regardless if he wanted more than Watson etc maybe they shouldn’t be on those wages either. 
    Scott had already signed Bakinson and Coventry. 

It was clear he didn't rate Dobson and wanted him out. Now you think he'd turn around and offer Dobson what he asked for? I know who I'd believe. 
  • YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Know for a fact 2 of our better players are absolutely furious about how this was handled (over the last few weeks) and it’s been on show in some of the games. I’m not going to name names but it’s fairly obvious who looks pissed off. 
    I read some of the anti-Dobson comments on here and some are truly painful to comprehend some managed to get to those conclusions. 
    Dobson new contract was less than one of the worst right backs I’ve seen in my lifetime - that’s a fact. Because one person doesn’t rate him but rates the absolute dross they oversee coming in. 
    One of the things Nathan Jones presumably learnt yesterday as he mentioned, is that Coventry isn’t as good as Dobson (currently) - despite some acting like we had signed Pirlo after seeing him play a handful of games. So I hope that Jones has gone above Scott and had a say in him staying. 
    Shambles.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. Dobson is a free agent come the summer and has obviously had his agent on the case. He gets an offer from Hungary, Charlton have ummed and arred about their offer (rightly or wrongly) and George decided he wanted to leave. Why the fuck would two other players be so pissed off about another blokes contract negotiations? So much so that it affects their own performance FFS! There's practically no one in the squad that would have known the bloke for more than 2yrs either! And if other players are worried abt this type of shit they need to man up and up their fucking game rather than under performing and taking the money. It's football, players move on, so deal with it. Hopefully a strong character like Jones will drum it into this lot that they're fucking lucky to be there, cut the bitching out and start banging some goals in rather than complaining...not naming names. Oh, for the record I'm a fan of Dobson and I'm happy he appears to be staying. Really hope he can play a part in keeping us up. COYA
    Probably quite demotivating to see your club captain being disrespected and told he's not worthy of a decent contract. Then to be kicked out of the squad into the under-23s so we can get a couple of thousand pounds to let him leave early. 

It would show the lack of loyalty the management have towards some of their players. 
    Or the alternative view, as posted by some on here, was that we did offer him what he wanted (eventually, but probably too late). I personally would have offered him a decent wedge, but none of us really know what was on the table. The fact he was out of the first team picture last week makes sense as there was no point if he was leaving. Maybe they thought we might as well pick up a few quid ala CBT, but then Jones stepped in after Saturdays performance? I just can't see how this affects other players to such a great degree. I get that he's captain, but he'd signed for another team at the start of Jan so we're lead to believe and it's now affected some senior players? We have abt 10 players out of contract at the end of the season, so god help us if they're all mates and their buddies don't get what they're after ha!

But the fact he'd rather go to Hungary and ply his trade rather than staying here, points to it not being a satisfactory number. Otherwise he would just stay. 

If he's being messed about as is reported, other players may be getting worried about their own contract negotiations in the future.

Like you said, 10 players are out of contract at the end of the season and if they've seen Dobson get screwed over, why wouldn't they too? 
    I hear you SELR, but has he really been screwed over? Sounds to me that he's just gone for the best offer, like we'd all do! The club can't offer him less to stay, they have to improve the contract. It's out there that they did, but obviously by not enough for his liking. That's fine.

My comment re the 10 or so players was a bit tongue in cheek tbh, as there's not many out of contract players I'd be desperate to keep. Unfortunately Dobson was one I would have liked to have signed up, but it wasn't to be. Glad we have him for the remainder of the season. COYA.
  • J BLOCK said:
    There are a very small number of people that have said they didn’t rate Dobson. Let’s not all go OTT and make out it was loads of people, as a lot of you are on here. The vast majority of us want(ed) him to stay and are gutted he’s going. 
    And generally it's actually been people saying he's the best player in the team but that that's an indictment on the team. I think most people on here think he's a good top end L1 player at the very least
  • edited February 11
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Shambles.

I hear you SELR, but has he really been screwed over? Sounds to me that he's just gone for the best offer, like we'd all do! The club can't offer him less to stay, they have to improve the contract. It's out there that they did, but obviously by not enough for his liking. That's fine.

My comment re the 10 or so players was a bit tongue in cheek tbh, as there's not many out of contract players I'd be desperate to keep. Unfortunately Dobson was one I would have liked to have signed up, but it wasn't to be. Glad we have him for the remainder of the season. COYA.
    Dobson's replacements were signed in January. If that wasn't a clear signal of what Scott wanted, I don't know what to tell you. 

I guarantee it was for more money than Dobson asked for as well. 
  • edited February 11
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Shambles.

Dobson's replacements were signed in January. If that wasn't a clear signal of what Scott wanted, I don't know what to tell you. 

I guarantee it was for more money than Dobson asked for as well. 
    Well, Dobson also agreed his deal in Jan, so I'm not quite sure of YOUR point? If we'd not signed another midfielder and Dobson had fucked off then everyone would be going mad! Coventry's arrival was greeted very well, even though the Dobson rumours were flying around at the time. Anyway, we've got George for a few more games, so hopefully he'll contribute.

Edit. I guess it's called forward planning
  • If this pre contract neescis true . Then would Dobson risk his move to this club by getting injured playing for us. Or will he want to sit out the rest of the season.