Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Can someone translate please, my iPad says Hungarian isn’t supported for translation.
  • Can someone translate please, my iPad says Hungarian isn’t supported for translation.

• My neighbour's son lived in Hungary for a while, recently came back to England. He says that living standards were much higher than he expected and costs a lot lower .. but he doesn't have young children so (e.g.) schooling was not an issue

1 Hungarian Forint =
    0.0022 Pound Sterling
    Last updated · 10 February at 22:00 UTC

Summary of cost of living in Hungary:

• A family of four estimated monthly costs are 1,895.0£ (858,727.2Ft) without rent.
    • A single person estimated monthly costs are 542.1£ (245,647.4Ft) without rent.
    • Cost of living in Hungary is, on average, 31.6% lower than in United Kingdom.
    • Rent in Hungary is, on average, 66.0% lower than in United Kingdom.
    SO, could be if George is on a similar deal to the one he had with us, he is quids in

Cost of Living in Hungary. Prices in Hungary. Updated Feb 2024 (numbeo.com)
    This is an avarage, but looks true. My budget is similar for four in a month, but without rent cost, because I have own house. If he had a similar deal the different because of the tax. For the futball player he keep, aroung 75-80% of his wage.
    from one who knows ! .. thanks
  • Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    Well it was reported he's having a medical tomorrow and he may have had a little graze so it's plausibly true.
  • If Dobson isn't leaving until the summer, that's not too bad as I think Jones will make a lot of changes in the summer anyway.  We need Dobson for this relegation fight.

I think Scott will leave & I firmly believe the club will push on in the summer under Nathan Jones, but it's imperative we stay in this division 
    Please let this be true 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Suspect Jones being manager, means that Scott will go, NJs view holds all the power in the club football wise 
    Yeah, and I assume he got his way about Dobson which is a good thing. 
  • So disappointed 
  • edited February 11
    The only person who decided to leave the club is Dobson himself , if the club have blocked it it’s clear they still want to him to stay  , if they didn’t why offer him a new deal and 2 years with an option of one more … would have just said he free to go when his contract runs out , why the club suddenly happy to lose transfer fee  on a player they don’t want ?????? …. To me this is Dobson not really knowing what he wants and most likey his agent ( go back to what his dad told a number of fans ) nothing to do with money George very happy to stay just wants 3 year deal … 

Edited.  Don't feed the troll
  • Sponsored links:

• IanC1960 said:
    IanC1960 said:
    He never signed a pre-Contract, we sold him

So he hasn't been sold then, he's signed a pre contract with a foreign club?
    Waiting for @IanC1960 to spin this one. I’m assuming he’s now available for first team selection so his spell with the U23 (lol) is over, if it ever began that is.
    What am I meant to spin, the club have back tracked you idiot
    But he’s been forced out to the 23s? It’s just so obvious he’s been offered a load of dollar at some random foreign club. Fair play to the fella. No1 loves the club more than doubling their wages. 
  • Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    Well it was reported he's having a medical tomorrow and he may have had a little graze so it's plausibly true.
    But that was the medical in Hungary which is routine, and presumably won’t now happen.

There is no way the club can just gloss over this. It is such a shitshow, which has completely trashed a fairly decent uptick in sentiment leading up to the Reading game, that a very clear announcement about Dobbo and Fehervar is necessary. Anything less is taking the piss.
    Not for you to answer necessarily Richard but that photo of Dobson holding the shirt, when was it taken? And where? When was he in Hungary to sign the pre contract agreement?
  • Let’s quote some Cnut on the forum and say ignore 
  • jbaker said:
    IanC1960 said:
    IanC1960 said:
    He never signed a pre-Contract, we sold him

So he hasn't been sold then, he's signed a pre contract with a foreign club?
    Waiting for @IanC1960 to spin this one. I’m assuming he’s now available for first team selection so his spell with the U23 (lol) is over, if it ever began that is.
    What am I meant to spin, the club have back tracked you idiot
    But he’s been forced out to the 23s? It’s just so obvious he’s been offered a load of dollar at some random foreign club. Fair play to the fella. No1 loves the club more than doubling their wages. 
    ?
  • Let’s quote some Cnut on the forum and say ignore 
    Ignore 
    Yes. Everyone ignore this man please! Also, ignore me! And each other!
  • AI fakes can be all too realistic these days. But would an official football club stoop to that? The statement is very candid. Agree CAFC ought to say something on the situation asap as otherwise speculation fills the vacuum. Personally I’ll be gutted to lose Dobbo, even in the summer. But we certainly need him for the relegation fight. 
    But that was the medical in Hungary which is routine, and presumably won’t now happen.

There is no way the club can just gloss over this. It is such a shitshow, which has completely trashed a fairly decent uptick in sentiment leading up to the Reading game, that a very clear announcement about Dobbo and Fehervar is necessary. Anything less is taking the piss.
    Not for you to answer necessarily Richard but that photo of Dobson holding the shirt, when was it taken? And where? When was he in Hungary to sign the pre contract agreement?
    I think it taken at UK, the normal player photo taken in front of sponsor wall. And also wear the jersey not holding in his hand.