Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Wonder if Jones said to the board that we need some bite at the bottom of a diamond. Coventry can then play as a more withdrawn 8 
  • Total fucking joke this has been allowed to happen
  • Did he refuse to play for us?

• Does anyone know if for some reason we are able to find the money to keep Dobbo, if he's signed a contract with another club, can that be terminated or is he locked in? 
  • Wtf is going on?  Somebody is telling whoppers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should just sell him, I doubt he's going to be busting a gut to play for us now, especially if it's true he's been forced out. Another transfer cock up  :D
  • Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    That could still be true?
  • edited February 11
    Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    That could still be true?

Yeah could still easily have a knock - wouldn't be bothered about rushing him for Tuesday but I'd want him involved next Saturday at Bolton definitely. 
  • The fact that virtually everyone on here is talking about CBT & Dobson being “our two best players” tells you all you need to know about the required quality that is so lacking in our squad of players.
    CBT won’t be any more than a bit part squad player at Derby and Dobbo for all his positive attributes would never be part of a league one promotion winning team IMHO.
    Just praying that Jones manages to magic a few results somehow out of this bunch of losers between now and season end and that the money men are brave enough to completely rebuild in the summer under direction from Jones & Hart.
    How we convince the “right” type of player to buy into the plan will require some further magic.
  • Should just sell him, I doubt he's going to be busting a gut to play for us now, especially if it's true he's been forced out. Another transfer cock up  :D
    A f****** circus.

• edited February 11

• Shows you the state we are in. Intrigued who has pulled the plug on the immediate transfer because I can't see it being Andy scott. If they have gone above him again then why is he still here. 
  • Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

And I wouldn't blame him for a minute if he didn't.
  • Well if ever a reminder of why WIOTOS is so important this is it.

And I count myself among those needing the reminder.

In England, I think that is kept between the clubs but with the Hungarians maybe it's different.

Anyway, something and/or someone changed and my guess is it was Jones saying he needed everything he could get to keep us up.
    That's my train of thought too, Henry.

So much for those questioning Nathan's role as Manager & not Head Coach....
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

If you pull out of a 50/50, there’s only one person getting hurt.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, i think he's the type of player that would still give his all.
    With you here, also don’t think he’s capable of not giving 100%
  • It raises so many questions. Did Jones not know? Did Jones insist on keeping him?

The Hungarian club are suggesting that Charlton were the ones to pull out of selling him early, it wasn't from their side. Sounds like someone at Charlton thinks he is needed, or the opportunity cost of selling him and being relegated doesn't make sense financially.

http://southnorwoodaddick.com/2024/02/11/dobson-to-depart-in-the-summer/
  • masicat said:
    Brownie12 said:
    masicat said:
    Overrated player as was CBT. Could do with him for the next 16 games, but next season he would be on the bench.
    cos of all the other players we have who are better? 
    Let‘s see what they are capable of under a proper manager. 
    Yep - let’s. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. 
    Fucking hell - he has had 4 days to work with them.