Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• When you put it like that! 
  • Leuth said:
    Ben18 said:
    Those happy that Dobson is leaving because we've not been very good while he's been here.

They must have been delighted when Conor Gallagher was recalled in the Championship?
    Not even slightly comparable players. Gallagher was Dobson, but he was also our creator and our goal threat. He WAS our team. The one time in recent history that a Hero Player really has carried us 

Of course they are not comparable in quality but their importance to the side at the time.
    Agree with the fact that George was the heart beat and this is a terrible time to lose him when we should be fighting to stay up.

• How about about putting your club, team mates and supporters before you yourself. Dobson doesn't have to leave before the end of the season he is choosing to in the same way that Lyle Taylor made a choice not to play. His mind was made two months ago at the same time as his performance starting to decline. At the time we needed our captain to step up he is choosing to walk away. It is a choice - he does not have to leave. He can stay, go at the end of the season. 
    That's a very strange take on things  
    I have skipped about 15 pages But he hasn’t refused to play has he ? 

I thought he had signed a pre-contract with a foreign club as per the rules for players whose contracts are coming to an end. 

It is Charlton not playing him and trying to get him out before end of season is it not ? 
  • He’s not signed a pre contract, apparently he has been / is being sold. The window is still open there 
  • IdleHans said:
    At this moment,no one has confirmed officially that George has gone.Is it possible that Nathan has somehow intervened ,seen his value and is over riding Scott and trying to get him to stay.
    I was going to say, “wishful thinking”, but you make a good point. Technically it is possible. The well informed Hungarian media are saying he flies out tomorrow for a medical and then -only then- signs a contract with them. 

But given that both Rich and Louie have tweeted out that he is off, it would be a pretty massive series of events today to make it happen. I could imagine Jones is furious, not least at being forced to lie to us in his first post-match, but I think it would involve Methven throwing Scott under the bus, and also messing up his  P&L spreadsheet to create the new offer to Dobbo. 

But you are right, WIOTOS, much as I hate to use that old trope.
    Easy solution. Bin off Scott and add his wages to Dobbos contract.
    I was going to suggest that myself :) the snag though is that we would then need to recruit a new person to do the job that Steve Gallen did pretty well (given the multiple shitshows above him). And Methven would have to explain this new change to the Yanks.
    Shouldn’t be hard to explain. The season has been a car crash, the players aren’t good enough, he’s sold two of our best and not replaced them, we’re on our third manager in six months and in a relegation fight. 
    We’ve had better seasons. 
  • edited February 11
    If he wants to leave now and made that clear then he shouldn't be near the team. Shame to lose him but it is what it is. 

Does seem an odd move to a team in Hungary but must be a decent prospect! Good luck to him but tbh, we as a club need to concentrate on staying in the league with what we have, not those who wanna go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• IanC1960 said:
    jbaker said:
    It’s about money plain and simple. Wasn’t happy with what he was offered. So chose to leave for more money. Simple as that. 
    Thats not true, he wanted 6k a week and a three year deal, If that had been offered he would have stayed even though he was offered nearly double that to go to Hungary.
    loves the club and is really gutted.
    Forced to play and train with the U23’s by Andy Scott.
    Andy Scott is a vindictive nasty useless C**T
    So can you confirm he wasn’t offered a 3 year deal? Also how many players get exactly what they have asked for. Not saying you’re wrong but if you have all the info what exactly was he offered? So he’s going to Hungary for double the money but really would have stayed at Charlton for 50% of what he’s going to get? Doesn’t stack up 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If we'd made Dobson a really good offer and he turned it down because he got a much better offer from a bigger club then so be it, that's football. 

But what i cannot accept is how someone has decided it's a good idea to a) give him a poor contract offer and b) sell him when we're in a relegation battle. Absolutely shocking.

I hope the owners look back and think the peanuts of a transfer fee was worth it when we're playing at home to Barrow and Harrogate in front of 5k fans next season.
    Rumours that he's had several offers and the latest met all his demands.
    Issue is there’s rumours saying opposite of this. For most of us, we have no idea who to believe anymore with the constant leaking of rumours from either side of the discussion. 

This isn’t just aimed at Dobson situation, this has been going on for a year now, with a wide range of different “trusted sources” who all post something different. 

It is yet another reason we find ourselves in this position. Too many vultures picking remains off our club. 

It's Ged Roddy's fault. 
  • So we've pulled out of the transfer and he can be involved until the end of the season? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 11
  • I wonder if he’s spoken to Cullen about the benefits of a sideways move to Europe to leapfrog back to a better move? 
  • Yet another thing in that article that doesn't make sense where it says his young family have already moved to Hungary?
  • Talal said:
    So we've pulled out of the transfer and he can be involved until the end of the season? 
    I guess it’s no different to having a loan player, except he doesn’t count as one during a match day squad. We might as well use him, but not keep him as captain. 
  • edited February 11
    IanC1960 said:
    He never signed a pre-Contract, we sold him

So he hasn't been sold then, he's signed a pre contract with a foreign club?
  • edited February 11
    sam3110 said:
    Yet another thing in that article that doesn't make sense where it says his young family have already moved to Hungary?
    Does it say that? Read to me like they'd made arrangements, unless my translate is wrong 😂
  • If he does stay and is fit I would go with a blunt nosed diamond the next few games.  With Coventry at the base, Dobson and Bakinson in the centre, then with Watson and Camara supporting May and providing the flair.  Nothing else has worked.
  • Banished to the U21's? You lot make it sound like he has been sent to a Gulag. It's hardly surprising that you wouldn't want a player who isn't going to play for the club again being involved with the first team. It's normal. That's what happens.  Dobson the victim, the club at fault. I am not buying it. I have read comments on here about 'you cant't blame him' 'respect him for putting his family first ' etc etc... utter nonsense. Bloke should see it through. I would respect him if he stayed. I am in the minority clearly but I believe strongly with captaincy comes responsibility, the responsibility that he is abdicating. He wants to go to Hungry. He doesn't want to play for Charlton. That's it. It really comes done to that. 
    Where is Hungry by the way?

• At this moment,no one has confirmed officially that George has gone.Is it possible that Nathan has somehow intervened ,seen his value and is over riding Scott and trying to get him to stay.
    Cawley has confirmed it last night.