Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

And I wouldn't blame him for a minute if he didn't.
    Giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, i think he's the type of player that would still give his all.

Plus he's signed his contract now, so even if he did get injured in a 50/50 it's not going to affect his move is it? It's not the same as Taylor for example where an injury would've ruined his chances of a deal.
    That last bit is a very fair point. 

However, if I was him after all the effort he has put in this last 2.5 years only to be treated the way he has, I wouldn't be bursting a gut to help out a club that has - on the face of it - shafted him. 
  • Interesting that reckons we've pulled out of selling him now - have they finally realised we're looking like going down, and that a hundred grand or whatever isn't worth a sale now?

Shame he's off even if it's July but at least that's a bit more palatable as we aren't in immediate danger of League 2 football.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Clusterf*ck.
    Omnishambles
  • Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, i think he's the type of player that would still give his all.

Plus he's signed his contract now, so even if he did get injured in a 50/50 it's not going to affect his move is it? It's not the same as Taylor for example where an injury would've ruined his chances of a deal.

However, if I was him after all the effort he has put in this last 2.5 years only to be treated the way he has, I wouldn't be bursting a gut to help out a club that has - on the face of it - shafted him. 
    I wonder how binding pre-contract deals actually are. I wonder if there’s a clause that allows the buying club to break the contract if the player is seriously injured before the commencement date.
  • se9addick said:
    Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

I wonder how binding pre-contract deals actually are. I wonder if there’s a clause that allows the buying club to break the contract if the player is seriously injured before the commencement date.
    https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/the-enforceability-of-pre-contracts-in-football/

Suspect it could be cancelled with a bit of a pay off, but I also suspect that's very unlikely at this point!

I would.🙁
  • se9addick said:
    Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

You'd think so.
  • Still think it's such an odd move for Dobson, he could have had better options in the summer surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

What a paragraph to have on an official club site 😂
  • Still think it's such an odd move for Dobson, he could have had better options in the summer surely?
    It’s very odd, I don’t think this club are even based in Budapest. 

I would.🙁
    And i would be delighted if you are right!
  • If Fehervar have officially announced this on their website, presumably we will be posting something soon. 

Or another way to look at it is that he knows that Methan, Scott & Co aren't Charlton, we (the fans) are, and he knows we support and appreciate him, so he's fully committed to give all for the club.

• If Fehervar have officially announced this on their website, presumably we will be posting something soon. 
    Wouldn't expect anything, they've said he was injured, his contract is up at the end of the season, they'll pretend he was never off but has turned down a new contract.

Only announcement will be his name on the released list at the end of the season I suspect, 'George Dobson has turned down the offer of a new contract... Best wishes for the future' etc.

• jbaker said:
    Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    Calm down mate what’s he meant to say 
    Perfectly calm,agree he is in a poxy position.
  • edited February 11
    My neighbour's son lived in Hungary for a while, recently came back to England. He says that living standards were much higher than he expected and costs a lot lower .. but he doesn't have young children so (e.g.) schooling was not an issue

1 Hungarian Forint =
    0.0022 Pound Sterling
    Last updated · 10 February at 22:00 UTC

Summary of cost of living in Hungary:

• A family of four estimated monthly costs are 1,895.0£ (858,727.2Ft) without rent.
    • A single person estimated monthly costs are 542.1£ (245,647.4Ft) without rent.
    • Cost of living in Hungary is, on average, 31.6% lower than in United Kingdom.
    • Rent in Hungary is, on average, 66.0% lower than in United Kingdom.
    SO, could be if George is on a similar deal to the one he had with us, he is quids in

Cost of Living in Hungary. Prices in Hungary. Updated Feb 2024 (numbeo.com)
  • Sponsored links:

• Well if ever a reminder of why WIOTOS is so important this is it.

And I count myself among those needing the reminder.

In England, I think that is kept between the clubs but with the Hungarians maybe it's different.

Anyway, something and/or someone changed and my guess is it was Jones saying he needed everything he could get to keep us up.
    The WIOTOS mantra doesn’t prevent people from discussing issues that affect the club before an official statement is on the website. It really doesn’t need to be repeated all the time. 
    Everybody knows that what we say on here is speculation on our part.
  • George will know how much the fans appreciate is efforts,and I am sure he will give everything in his remaining time with us.His contribution will be the difference to going down or staying up.
  • Just thinking outside the box, but does anyone know his wife's nationality?
  • Well he’s now to got to put a shift in, hopefully starting Tuesday. 
  • Cawley said Charlton cancelled the deal, but he will join them in July. Jones influence I would assume, wants Dobbo to help keep us up
  • George will know how much the fans appreciate is efforts,and I am sure he will give everything in his remaining time with us.His contribution will be the difference to going down or staying up.
    Agreed, BUT will he ever be selected again ?