Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Haven’t read all the posts so apologies if it has already been mentioned.. it’s great he isn’t going now, but what’s to say, fuck it, I am not going to bother, you fu@k€d me about so why should I? Not saying Dobbo has that in his personality. But is he going to be that interested now?

personally I think lot more to this, and I would say it isn’t a fall gone conclusion that he will be in Hungary in the summer.

Scott has a lot to answer for in my opinion, not on about the recruitment, but the handling of this and Appleton, they are the biggest questions for me.. heard his nickname is also chocolate!!
    He’s signed a pre contract agreement hasn’t he? Must be legally binding?

If only someone who knows his Dad could answer such questions.
    People can back out of a contract, but would cost him or the club they join. That’s for sure. 
  • Sounds like (another) mess. 
  • Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    What dangerous ground? Jones can do what he likes at the moment because he is our only hope of staying up which I don’t think we will. 
  • Surely has to be the final nail in the coffin for Scott.

Hearing the remarks from the two posters that have heard from George or his Dad and after the Michael Appleton tenure and incoming players not ready mentally or physically for  league one football then metaphorically speaking Andy Scott is in a nailed up coffin which is underground and he is in a strait jacket and chained up and Harry Houdini has passed on the challenge.
    Plus the debacle of not offering George parity will the best paid player at Cafc and letting our X Factor CBT leaving in this window and  surely he's history and I was a fan when he turned up !
  • Lots of misinformation here. 

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

If you compared the shirt picture with this one:
    https://www.fehervarfc.hu/en/news/slovenian-national-team-striker-joins-vidi
    You can see the diffence.

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
    It is not a precontract. He officialy signed with us from the summer.
    It must be a pre-contract if he’s staying at Charlton for now. I don’t think a player can be contracted to two clubs at once and, I presume, the team in Hungary won’t start paying his wages until July 1st. So I think, as of now, he is contracted to Charlton and, at best, pre-contracted to Fehervar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t expect Dobbo in on Tuesday. Don’t forget he’s got a sore calf!
  • Rudders22 said:
    IanC1960 said:
    mrbligh said:
    Gillis said:
    If you worked harder than any other employee at your organisation and had been the best performer there for the past few years, but your boss told you he didn't rate you and paid other employees (who put in less effort than you) better money, how long would you stick around?
    Just because the last regime made a mistake overpaying players doesn’t mean we should add those mistakes by overpaying others when it’s time for contract renewal. 

Agreed that he’s the best player at the club but not because he’s playing like a Championship calibre player, it’s because the players earning Championship calibre money haven’t been pulling their weight.

We had a valuation on how much a player of his ability was worth paying. His camp had a different valuation. That’s the business of football.
    The current regime is making mistakes overpaying players that play worse than Dobson. 
    That hardly negates the point I’m making. 

The money Dobson wants it sounds as though he can only get from a random club in Hungary. This isn’t a pre contract with a Championship club, or even another League One club. 

We created plenty of problems for ourselves elsewhere but I think that fact probably tells us that, for this particular contract negotiation, the club got it right.
    Utter nonsense. Captain. Player of the year and 2nd place player of the year the last two years. 26 years old so coming into his prime. Not worth 4K a week? Nonsense mate 
    Got a source on that number? I’d have guessed he was on about 4k per week on his last contract and if the rumours of a small increase are true…
    Yep, Mick Dobson
    I am not ITK, but I was told this by another fan in Crossbars, about a month ago. it is alleged that Fraser is on £10,000, and Dobbo is on about £4000. He would be happy to sign However, the contract he was offered was for a measly small increase amount. I was told by another person as well. The person i know in Crossbars indicated that this info came directly from Dobbo's Dad.  What I was told he was offered on a new contract I thought "The club are taking the piss".  When Fraser is on £10,000 and Dobbo is on £4000 and what he was offered. (I can't remember the exact figure, but if they offered him a decent contract he would have signed). 
    Take Fraser out of the equation for a second. Would you pay Dobson 10k a week if you were running a League One football club?
    Strawman. 
    Dobson was not looking for anything like £10K pw.
    Personally I reckon he would have signed for £5K pw. 
  • The only person who decided to leave the club is Dobson himself , if the club have blocked it it’s clear they still want to him to stay  , if they didn’t why offer him a new deal and 2 years with an option of one more … would have just said he free to go when his contract runs out , why the club suddenly happy to lose transfer fee  on a player they don’t want ?????? …. To me this is Dobson not really knowing what he wants and most likey his agent ( go back to what his dad told a number of fans ) nothing to do with money George very happy to stay just wants 3 year deal … 

You are talking absolutely rubbish. Ronnie. You make it up as you go along. It is very annoying when so many poster have said on this site and the other INCLUDING me that knows what is going on and you spout of crap. Dobson wanted to stay. If he was offered a little bit more money on his contract than what was offered. That is FACT. He was pushed out by Scott.  Have you see the shit the club is in Ronnie? If the club wanted him to stay then they would have offered a little bit more than £500 that was offered this year and next.  He gives 100% and yet there are people who are earning more than him that don't give a shit in this team. If I was him, I would have done the same. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    The only person who decided to leave the club is Dobson himself , if the club have blocked it it’s clear they still want to him to stay  , if they didn’t why offer him a new deal and 2 years with an option of one more … would have just said he free to go when his contract runs out , why the club suddenly happy to lose transfer fee  on a player they don’t want ?????? …. To me this is Dobson not really knowing what he wants and most likey his agent ( go back to what his dad told a number of fans ) nothing to do with money George very happy to stay just wants 3 year deal … 

You are talking absolutely rubbish. Ronnie. You make it up as you go along. It is very annoying when so many poster have said on this site and the other INCLUDING me that knows what is going on and you spout of crap. Dobson wanted to stay. If he was offered a little bit more money on his contract than what was offered. That is FACT. He was pushed out by Scott.  Have you see the shit the club is in Ronnie? If the club wanted him to stay then they would have offered a little bit more than £500 that was offered this year and next.  He gives 100% and yet there are people who are earning more than him that don't give a shit in this team. If I was him, I would have done the same. 
    Dont. Feed. The. Troll.
  • se9addick said:
    Lots of misinformation here. 

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
    It must be a pre-contract if he’s staying at Charlton for now. I don’t think a player can be contracted to two clubs at once and, I presume, the team in Hungary won’t start paying his wages until July 1st. So I think, as of now, he is contracted to Charlton and, at best, pre-contracted to Fehervar.
    Ok. I see you point, but it is doesn't matter, he is gone, and left the club latest at the summer. 3 days still remain from the hungarian tranfer window.
  • se9addick said:
    Lots of misinformation here. 

Ok. I see you point, but it is doesn't matter, he is gone, and left the club latest at the summer. 3 days still remain from the hungarian tranfer window.
    I don’t know, I think there’s still the chance of a twist in this tale. I don’t think you realise how chaotic things are at Charlton! 
  • YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Know for a fact 2 of our better players are absolutely furious about how this was handled (over the last few weeks) and it’s been on show in some of the games. I’m not going to name names but it’s fairly obvious who looks pissed off. 
    I read some of the anti-Dobson comments on here and some are truly painful to comprehend some managed to get to those conclusions. 
    Dobson new contract was less than one of the worst right backs I’ve seen in my lifetime - that’s a fact. Because one person doesn’t rate him but rates the absolute dross they oversee coming in. 
    One of the things Nathan Jones presumably learnt yesterday as he mentioned, is that Coventry isn’t as good as Dobson (currently) - despite some acting like we had signed Pirlo after seeing him play a handful of games. So I hope that Jones has gone above Scott and had a say in him staying. 
    That leaves Andy Scott in the lurch and rightly so, league table doesn’t lie. 
    Shambles.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. Dobson is a free agent come the summer and has obviously had his agent on the case. He gets an offer from Hungary, Charlton have ummed and arred about their offer (rightly or wrongly) and George decided he wanted to leave. Why the fuck would two other players be so pissed off about another blokes contract negotiations? So much so that it affects their own performance FFS! There's practically no one in the squad that would have known the bloke for more than 2yrs either! And if other players are worried abt this type of shit they need to man up and up their fucking game rather than under performing and taking the money. It's football, players move on, so deal with it. Hopefully a strong character like Jones will drum it into this lot that they're fucking lucky to be there, cut the bitching out and start banging some goals in rather than complaining...not naming names. Oh, for the record I'm a fan of Dobson and I'm happy he appears to be staying. Really hope he can play a part in keeping us up. COYA
    Probably quite demotivating to see your club captain being disrespected and told he's not worthy of a decent contract. Then to be kicked out of the squad into the under-23s so we can get a couple of thousand pounds to let him leave early. 

It would show the lack of loyalty the management have towards some of their players. 
  • Sounds like (another) fine mess. 
    Fixed it for you.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Know for a fact 2 of our better players are absolutely furious about how this was handled (over the last few weeks) and it’s been on show in some of the games. I’m not going to name names but it’s fairly obvious who looks pissed off. 
    I read some of the anti-Dobson comments on here and some are truly painful to comprehend some managed to get to those conclusions. 
    Dobson new contract was less than one of the worst right backs I’ve seen in my lifetime - that’s a fact. Because one person doesn’t rate him but rates the absolute dross they oversee coming in. 
    One of the things Nathan Jones presumably learnt yesterday as he mentioned, is that Coventry isn’t as good as Dobson (currently) - despite some acting like we had signed Pirlo after seeing him play a handful of games. So I hope that Jones has gone above Scott and had a say in him staying. 
    Shambles.

Not sure the Watson contract is true.. he was released by MK dons that got relegated. If that is true, who ever signed that off, needs not sacking but shooting 
    We signed him at the end of the window because he was waiting on championship interests. Wouldn’t be shocked if he was one of the higher earners from our summer business 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    For me, the strange thing is only one of the clubs make the announcement.. normally there is an agreement to announce at the same time. Lot more to this in my opinion.

Disagree. Loads of players leave clubs in the summer when their contracts have run out but a big hoohah isn’t normally made about it. They would just not normally appear on the retained list.
  • RedRyan said:
    Presumably it must be a life changing wage he is being offered to not stick it out and wait to see who will pick him up in the summer?
    Not necessarily if he thought he was going this window (the contract would just have to best any other offers on the table, of which there was only ours for next year).

Eg I wonder if he’d have made this destination/club choice if he knew it was going to be from the summer.
    He would have known that before he signed the contract.
  • RedRyan said:
    Presumably it must be a life changing wage he is being offered to not stick it out and wait to see who will pick him up in the summer?
    Not necessarily if he thought he was going this window (the contract would just have to best any other offers on the table, of which there was only ours for next year).

Eg I wonder if he’d have made this destination/club choice if he knew it was going to be from the summer.
    Maybe I’m being naive, but he could have just said no to that transfer if he didn’t want to go right?

It might have meant 6 months out of the team. But I assume there might have been more options for him in the summer when teams have more of an idea of what they need?
    Of course he could have said no.
  • YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Shambles.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. Dobson is a free agent come the summer and has obviously had his agent on the case. He gets an offer from Hungary, Charlton have ummed and arred about their offer (rightly or wrongly) and George decided he wanted to leave. Why the fuck would two other players be so pissed off about another blokes contract negotiations? So much so that it affects their own performance FFS! There's practically no one in the squad that would have known the bloke for more than 2yrs either! And if other players are worried abt this type of shit they need to man up and up their fucking game rather than under performing and taking the money. It's football, players move on, so deal with it. Hopefully a strong character like Jones will drum it into this lot that they're fucking lucky to be there, cut the bitching out and start banging some goals in rather than complaining...not naming names. Oh, for the record I'm a fan of Dobson and I'm happy he appears to be staying. Really hope he can play a part in keeping us up. COYA
    Probably quite demotivating to see your club captain being disrespected and told he's not worthy of a decent contract. Then to be kicked out of the squad into the under-23s so we can get a couple of thousand pounds to let him leave early. 

It would show the lack of loyalty the management have towards some of their players. 
    Or the alternative view, as posted by some on here, was that we did offer him what he wanted (eventually, but probably too late). I personally would have offered him a decent wedge, but none of us really know what was on the table. The fact he was out of the first team picture last week makes sense as there was no point if he was leaving. Maybe they thought we might as well pick up a few quid ala CBT, but then Jones stepped in after Saturdays performance? I just can't see how this affects other players to such a great degree. I get that he's captain, but he'd signed for another team at the start of Jan so we're lead to believe and it's now affected some senior players? We have abt 10 players out of contract at the end of the season, so god help us if they're all mates and their buddies don't get what they're after ha!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Shambles.

Not sure the Watson contract is true.. he was released by MK dons that got relegated. If that is true, who ever signed that off, needs not sacking but shooting 
    it’s been said before but HE WAS NOT RELEASED. He rejected a new contract offer, unfortunately.
  • edited February 11
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Shambles.

Or the alternative view, as posted by some on here, was that we did offer him what he wanted (eventually, but probably too late). I personally would have offered him a decent wedge, but none of us really know what was on the table. The fact he was out of the first team picture last week makes sense as there was no point if he was leaving. Maybe they thought we might as well pick up a few quid ala CBT, but then Jones stepped in after Saturdays performance? I just can't see how this affects other players to such a great degree. I get that he's captain, but he'd signed for another team at the start of Jan so we're lead to believe and it's now affected some senior players? We have abt 10 players out of contract at the end of the season, so god help us if they're all mates and their buddies don't get what they're after ha!
    We don't know what was on the table, no. 

But the fact he'd rather go to Hungary and ply his trade rather than staying here, points to it not being a satisfactory number. Otherwise he would just stay. 

If he's being messed about as is reported, other players may be getting worried about their own contract negotiations in the future.

Like you said, 10 players are out of contract at the end of the season and if they've seen Dobson get screwed over, why wouldn't they too? 
  • @PragueAddick

We replace the inconsistent but deadly on his day CBT with....

Fiorini 

What a great bit of business.

PS not having a dig but you were insistent that it was impossible Dobson would move to Hungary and no way they could even know who he was.
    I wonder if taking Fiorini was a quid pro quo for them taking Tedic back. 
    I said this weeks ago.