Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• AI fakes can be all too realistic these days. But would an official football club stoop to that? The statement is very candid. Agree CAFC ought to say something on the situation asap as otherwise speculation fills the vacuum. Personally I’ll be gutted to lose Dobbo, even in the summer. But we certainly need him for the relegation fight. 
    European football clubs tend to be much more candid than here. I probably would be too if I’d been shafted like they have 
  • edited February 11
    cafc4life said:
    So disappointed 

So disappointed with what ?
    Life, Ronnie Moore, ? as it can't be with George being available until the end of the season. If he has been offered around 10k a week to play in Hungary on a 3 year deal then we have to accept there are no better offers in England other than a small increase in wages at Cafc.

George Dobson wouldn't down tools as he can only give 100% and we really need him in the 15 games left.

I'm disappointed he's going but football politics goes on at every club after hearing so many podcasts and with players explaining the poker games played with their agents by clubs.

Dobson, Coventry and Camará would surely be competitive and with Louie Watson doing 30 minute cameos we can but hope for a team capable of finishing 20th !

20th in the 3rd tier... and the celebrations  can start 🤥
  • Lots of misinformation here. 

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

If you compared the shirt picture with this one:
    https://www.fehervarfc.hu/en/news/slovenian-national-team-striker-joins-vidi
    You can see the diffence.

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

• All gone Semedo. And Jose did put a shift even when it was clear he was gone 

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
  • According to the statement from them, deal and details agreed with club and player, ples his family have moved to Hungary
  • Sponsored links:

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
    Think you’ll find lots of players move without checking out the place first. Chances are if you’re a footballer you’re on decent enough money for most places to be ok. 

A pre contract is basically a guarantee he’ll move, you can always get out of any contract of course but it would probably cost him a lot of money 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Haven’t read all the posts so apologies if it has already been mentioned.. it’s great he isn’t going now, but what’s to say, fuck it, I am not going to bother, you fu@k€d me about so why should I? Not saying Dobbo has that in his personality. But is he going to be that interested now?

personally I think lot more to this, and I would say it isn’t a fall gone conclusion that he will be in Hungary in the summer.

Scott has a lot to answer for in my opinion, not on about the recruitment, but the handling of this and Appleton, they are the biggest questions for me.. heard his nickname is also chocolate!!
    He’s signed a pre contract agreement hasn’t he? Must be legally binding?

If only someone who knows his Dad could answer such questions.

Their website says he’s signed, contract starts 1st July. 
  • Is there anyone who really thinks Dobson will be going into a 50/50 tackle all out now?

And I wouldn't blame him for a minute if he didn't.
    If you go into a 50/50 tackle not fully committed you are more likely to get hurt. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Lots of misinformation here. 

Think you’ll find lots of players move without checking out the place first. Chances are if you’re a footballer you’re on decent enough money for most places to be ok. 

A pre contract is basically a guarantee he’ll move, you can always get out of any contract of course but it would probably cost him a lot of money 
    Not him, but the club he may go to instead 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Haven’t read all the posts so apologies if it has already been mentioned.. it’s great he isn’t going now, but what’s to say, fuck it, I am not going to bother, you fu@k€d me about so why should I? Not saying Dobbo has that in his personality. But is he going to be that interested now?

personally I think lot more to this, and I would say it isn’t a fall gone conclusion that he will be in Hungary in the summer.

Scott has a lot to answer for in my opinion, not on about the recruitment, but the handling of this and Appleton, they are the biggest questions for me.. heard his nickname is also chocolate!!
    He’s signed a pre contract agreement hasn’t he? Must be legally binding?

If only someone who knows his Dad could answer such questions.
    Any contract can be broken. Just have to argue about damages 

It is not a precontract. He officialy signed with us from the summer.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    For me, the strange thing is only one of the clubs make the announcement.. normally there is an agreement to announce at the same time. Lot more to this in my opinion.

why would we announce that an out of contract player is leaving in the summer?
  • fenaddick said:

Anything possible of course but few people go to Hungary knowing it will be a good place to live compared to other locations. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    fenaddick said:

Not him, but the club he may go to instead 
    Yeah but that money would come out of a signing on fee most likely 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    For me, the strange thing is only one of the clubs make the announcement.. normally there is an agreement to announce at the same time. Lot more to this in my opinion.

Charlton no need to say anything, because Dobson signed with Videoton as a free agent.
  • Presumably it must be a life changing wage he is being offered to not stick it out and wait to see who will pick him up in the summer?
  • cafc4life said:
    So disappointed 

So disappointed with what ?
    Life, Ronnie Moore, ? as it can't be with George being available until the end of the season. If he has been offered around 10k a week to play in Hungary on a 3 year deal then we have to accept there are no better offers in England other than a small increase in wages at Cafc.

George Dobson wouldn't down tools as he can only give 100% and we really need him in the 15 games left.

I'm disappointed he's going but football politics goes on at every club after hearing so many podcasts and with players explaining the poker games played with their agents by clubs.

Dobson, Coventry and Camará would surely be competitive and with Louie Watson doing 30 minute cameos we can but hope for a team capable of finishing 20th !

20th in the 3rd tier... and the celebrations  can start 🤥
    Everything CAFC related
  • Presumably it must be a life changing wage he is being offered to not stick it out and wait to see who will pick him up in the summer?
    Not necessarily if he thought he was going this window (the contract would just have to best any other offers on the table, of which there was only ours for next year).

Eg I wonder if he’d have made this destination/club choice if he knew it was going to be from the summer.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Hopefully Jones and Dobson have had a good chat and both parties are comfortable with the decision has been taken.
  • RedRyan said:
    Presumably it must be a life changing wage he is being offered to not stick it out and wait to see who will pick him up in the summer?
    Not necessarily if he thought he was going this window (the contract would just have to best any other offers on the table, of which there was only ours for next year).

Eg I wonder if he’d have made this destination/club choice if he knew it was going to be from the summer.
    Maybe I’m being naive, but he could have just said no to that transfer if he didn’t want to go right?

It might have meant 6 months out of the team. But I assume there might have been more options for him in the summer when teams have more of an idea of what they need?
  • Just feels like Charlton might end up regretting not doing more to try to retain Dobson.

Yes, he might possibly be only an average league 1 level player (although Curbs doesn't seem to think that) and unlikely to be able to step up to the Championship. However, how many of our current squad are even hitting the dizzy heights of an average league 1 player and the Championship seems far too far away to be even thinking about.

The only players in this squad who consistantly demonstrate they are trying to bust a gut are Dobson, May and Kanu. If I was Jones I would want them in the squad for every possible one of the final 15 games and would be highlighting to the squad that the minimum effort required is as demonstrated by these three.
    Now Nathan, get him in the team for Tuesday, make a few other changes such as at wing back and up front alongside May, and you might just get a dividend in the form of fan support and team performance.