Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    Dobbo is very well educated and well brought up. I know he loves playing for Charlton and would expect this situation to be sorted in our favour. 
    What's his education got to do with anything?

Genuinely confused by that one.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    And for the record, Dobson 2nd offer was basically what he wanted, but chose not to sign it. 
    So says Andy Scott.

What does Dobson say about it?
    But the narrative that the offer was only as good as Tennai Watson's just comes from some rando on here... 

The issue is our fanbase, and in particular many posters on here, need a pantomime villain to point and scream at. Scott is now that person and nothing people will say or do will sway that for them now. Similar to when we had Steve Gallen, every good signing was his and every bad one was Driesen's, when in reality it was a bit of both, because that's what happens at clubs across the world, some signings work and some don't. And when Driesen was no longer here and it all fell to Gallen the narrative shifted to "but he has no money to work with" when the reality is we never really had money to work with.

No doubt if we build a squad next season that challenges for promotion, it will all be down to Jones, and any bad eggs will be dumped upon Scott's head, and if it looks anything like this season Scott will be blamed for it all. 

Look at Arsenal for instance, close to winning the league and with standout players like Rice, Odegaard and Martinelli, but they've signed some dross along the way too like Pepe (who cost close to £70m more than Martinelli) but it wasn't that long ago that they weren't even playing European football

Ok - Arsenal signed some dross but have also signed superstars. Where’s the superstars that Scott has signed ??
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Dobbo is very well educated and well brought up. I know he loves playing for Charlton and would expect this situation to be sorted in our favour. 
    What's his education got to do with anything?

Genuinely confused by that one.
    Hang around a bit mate, we'll be told again that he's West Ham and what colour chinos he wears.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Jones interview about Dobbo on CharltonTV “Wish I’d come in earlier”, clearly putting the blame on Scott devaluing Dobbo.

Sounds like Jones doesn’t expect to still have him next season tbh so any talk about keeping him would be wide of the mark.
     Dobson or Scott??
  • Options
    edited April 21
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    And for the record, Dobson 2nd offer was basically what he wanted, but chose not to sign it. 
    So says Andy Scott.

I dunno. Plenty of journo's around but none seem to have the balls to ask him. 

Funny business this journalism lark. Spend all your time asking questions but usually the wrong ones to the wrong people. 
    Agree. Find it strange that neither Cawley or Terry Smith have asked him directly if he wants to stay.

Can only assume they have been told by the club to stay off the subject.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are Pre-Contracts binding in football?

The enforceability of a pre-contract will depend on the specific terms of the agreement. Pre-contracts are generally not binding under English law as they are usually marked ‘Subject to Contract’ and are simply a commitment by the parties to enter into a later contract. The difference between a pre-contract and a contract is that the parties to the pre-contract have not agreed the essential terms and so the pre-contract does not reflect the final agreement. However, if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.

FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber (‘DRC’) has had to determine on a number of occasions whether a pre-contract has binding effect when a dispute between a club and a player has arisen. The DRC has generally held that a pre-contract is binding if it contains essential terms such as the duration of the contract, remuneration and additional benefits. Another factor taken into account by the DRC is whether the pre-contract has come into effect. If the pre-contract has been terminated prior to when it is due to take effect, then the DRC has been reluctant to find that the pre-contract is binding, whilst if the parties have already begun to perform their obligations under the pre-contract prior to any termination, then this is usually evidence to prove that the parties intended to be bound by the terms of the pre-contract.

In an attempt to release themselves from the obligations under a pre-contract, parties have attempted to allege that the validity of a pre-contract was conditional upon a player successfully completing a medical or obtaining a work permit. However, the DRC has rejected all such arguments on the basis that Article 18(4) of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players 2012 prevents the validity of a contract between a player and a club being “subject to a successful medical examination and/or the grant of a work permit”.

• Options
    All depends on what is in the pre-contract is my takeaway.
  • Options
    Well it's obviously not settled because Dobson or the club, or both, could very simply issue a statement to say " it's done, Dobbo will not be at CAFC next season".
    That would remove all speculation such as is on this thread, and would clarify the situation for everyone.
    The fact that no such statement has been released, is an indication that discussions must be continuing behind the scenes.
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Any such statement I’m sure they’d wait till the season ends …..well that was 3 games a go or December or pre season depending on your point of view 
  • Options
    Think that's pretty obvious for everyone tbh
  • Options
    I think there was a clear indication from Jones' post match interview that Dobbo wouldn't be going if he had got in the job earlier.
  • Options
    That precontract match all of the uefa/fifa or mlsz regulations, all of the contents are a same as the final contract, so it is binding.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/04/anglia-mindent-megteszek-hogy-ne-menjen-fehervarra

That Hungarian news is a summary of the English news of the past few days, including Jones's statement.

There is a new part in it that he can only stay if he is bought out by Charlton, but Videoton does not want to sell him.
  • Options
    edited April 22

...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited April 22
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Trust me, whoever told you this is lying.
  • Options
    https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/04/anglia-mindent-megteszek-hogy-ne-menjen-fehervarra

That Hungarian news is a summary of the English news of the past few days, including Jones's statement.

There is a new part in it that he can only stay if he is bought out by Charlton, but Videoton does not want to sell him.
    Which would place the ball firmly in Dobbo's court.

If he's decided he now doesn't want to leave, then Videoton would be crazy hanging on to a player who doesn't want to be there, can't give his best, and most likely will have a diminishing value also, due to the above circumstances.

They'd be far better off cutting a fair deal with us now before this gets even more messy.

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    So says Andy Scott.

I dunno. Plenty of journo's around but none seem to have the balls to ask him. 

Funny business this journalism lark. Spend all your time asking questions but usually the wrong ones to the wrong people. 
    Agree. Find it strange that neither Cawley or Terry Smith have asked him directly if he wants to stay.

Can only assume they have been told by the club to stay off the subject.
    As if that would stop them. 🙄
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    So says Andy Scott.

But the narrative that the offer was only as good as Tennai Watson's just comes from some rando on here... 

The issue is our fanbase, and in particular many posters on here, need a pantomime villain to point and scream at. Scott is now that person and nothing people will say or do will sway that for them now. Similar to when we had Steve Gallen, every good signing was his and every bad one was Driesen's, when in reality it was a bit of both, because that's what happens at clubs across the world, some signings work and some don't. And when Driesen was no longer here and it all fell to Gallen the narrative shifted to "but he has no money to work with" when the reality is we never really had money to work with.

No doubt if we build a squad next season that challenges for promotion, it will all be down to Jones, and any bad eggs will be dumped upon Scott's head, and if it looks anything like this season Scott will be blamed for it all. 

Look at Arsenal for instance, close to winning the league and with standout players like Rice, Odegaard and Martinelli, but they've signed some dross along the way too like Pepe (who cost close to £70m more than Martinelli) but it wasn't that long ago that they weren't even playing European football
    Scott is in charge of the recruitment of our side (and was part of the 'choosing a manager' committee). 

We have ended up in our worst league position for nearly a century. 

We are now losing our best player and club captain on a free. 

There's no pantomime villain here, just a man that has not performed his role at an acceptable level. 
    But he not in charge of the contract or Dobson right hand signing it …. the club made him an offer 2 years with another year , he wanted straight 3 his dad was more then happy to tell everyone that it was nothing to do with money .. ….. would question he our best player and always thought we needed a better captain .. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Also, if he really wanted to stay, he had two contact offers, and he could have come out in press and put his side of the story out, but he hasn’t, which suggests to me, he also hasn’t played ball in this as well.. this isn’t to say he hasn’t been our most committed player still.. 

It is sad he is going on, and hopefully we can bring in a more forward thinking midfielder to play alongside Coventry. Sad to see him go, but not as said as losing someone like Aribo a couple of years back.

We move on, and hope we are sitting here this time next year celebrating promotion 
    Spot on .. no one twisted his arm to sign for another club .. that was down to Dobson and his agent …. said before their the ones who should buy his contract up if he wants to stay not the club 
    We don't know the in's and out's of this saga (although I'm sure you do of course) but I agree that no one twisted Dobbo's arm to sign so if he wants out of his contract it's up to him and his agent to get him out of it.
  • Options

I bet I’m the only person on CL who speaks fluent Hungarian.
    Having thoroughly read that article, may I say it’s all Greek to me.