Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/04/anglia-mindent-megteszek-hogy-ne-menjen-fehervarra

That Hungarian news is a summary of the English news of the past few days, including Jones's statement.

There is a new part in it that he can only stay if he is bought out by Charlton, but Videoton does not want to sell him.
    I bet I’m the only person on CL who speaks fluent Hungarian.
    Having thoroughly read that article, may I say it’s all Greek to me.
    So now we need someone who reads Greek to translate it into Hungarian for you to then translate it into English for us?
  • Options
    https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/04/anglia-mindent-megteszek-hogy-ne-menjen-fehervarra

That Hungarian news is a summary of the English news of the past few days, including Jones's statement.

There is a new part in it that he can only stay if he is bought out by Charlton, but Videoton does not want to sell him.
    Nem, nem a parod
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Reading back through the last couple of pages & the criticism of Scott around Dobbo's contract etc ,which I agree with, didn't he "vote against" the appointent of our Nathan ? 

That, for me, says it all. 
    Tbf, I thought Scott wanted Jones initially, but Jones wasn't ready to come back into football at that time due to spending time with family etc, so we ended up with Appleton.

Could be wrong though
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Reading back through the last couple of pages & the criticism of Scott around Dobbo's contract etc ,which I agree with, didn't he "vote against" the appointent of our Nathan ? 

Tbf, I thought Scott wanted Jones initially, but Jones wasn't ready to come back into football at that time due to spending time with family etc, so we ended up with Appleton.

Could be wrong though
    That isn't what I was told....
  • Options
    Regardless, one of Scott's responsibilities is retaining our better players. He's failed to do so. 

Was widely reported at the time that Scott didn't believe Dobson to be that good and that we could sign better, so where are they? Coventry isn't it. 

Along with the poor recruitment, what does Scott actually offer us? 
    Adkins and Garner both started seasons believing the same, but were forced to play him and they never looked back.
  • Options
    Wonder what Dobbo will answer to the inevitable question posed to him at Sunday's POTY dinner ? 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Could be wrong though
    That isn't what I was told....
    Not sure then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Wonder what Dobbo will answer to the inevitable question posed to him at Sunday's POTY dinner ?
    "Red please"
    "That's easy; it's a buffet or restaurant where cooked joints of meat are displayed and carved as required in front of customers. No swedes are harmed during this feast. Thought everone knew what a carvery is!?"
  • Options
    Was leaving the ground just after 6 on Saturday and Dobbo was outside main reception signing loads of autographs and having photos taken certainly looked like he was saying goodbye.

The real crime is that we won't buy anyone better in the summer. 
  • Options
    Presumably Scott won’t get sacked because he’s one of the boys, but I sincerely hope he has
    nothing to do with identifying players
    this summer. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

You seem to always apply the logic that, because this contract has been ratified by UAFA / FIFA, it supercedes everything else known to mankind.

I'll go ahead and say there is 100% definitely a figure (transfer fee / cancellation charge - call it what you will) that will release Dobson from this contract, either already written in, or needs to be negotiated on, and it'll be up to Charlton to decide whether or not it's worth it to keep him.

Failing that, IF Dobson does go off / has gone off the idea of this move and the figure is too high for Charlton to agree on, Videoton will be stuck with half the player they signed 6 months ago and probably not even playing, and there's not a lot UAFA / FIFA can do about it, regardless what the contract says.

But that is just a transfer. Ie they have him, we want him, we can buy him.  I don't think @Vjacheslav has ever said that is not possible.
    If we did that Scott's position would surely be untenable as it would rank as one of the poorest negotiations of all time in football.
  • Options
    Would Dobbo want to stay if the person who told him he isn’t good enough for us is still at the club???
  • Options
    Surely a pre-contract deal has an 'out' for both parties?
  • Options
    To add insult to injury, there might be a pre season friendly in the offering. 🫣
  • Options
    You just know after all this and hailing the welcome u turn that Dobbo  will accidentally do this on the last game of the season and that one goal will send us down as he packs off to go an play in Hungary....

Gifs Chelsea beat Liverpool to blow title race wide open again  JOE
    Prophetic .. what are tomorrow's Euro Lottery numbers ?? (you can go halves with me on anything over a million)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:

Nem, nem a parod
    Is that all ya got?🤭
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

You seem to always apply the logic that, because this contract has been ratified by UAFA / FIFA, it supercedes everything else known to mankind.

I'll go ahead and say there is 100% definitely a figure (transfer fee / cancellation charge - call it what you will) that will release Dobson from this contract, either already written in, or needs to be negotiated on, and it'll be up to Charlton to decide whether or not it's worth it to keep him.

Failing that, IF Dobson does go off / has gone off the idea of this move and the figure is too high for Charlton to agree on, Videoton will be stuck with half the player they signed 6 months ago and probably not even playing, and there's not a lot UAFA / FIFA can do about it, regardless what the contract says.

But that is just a transfer. Ie they have him, we want him, we can buy him.  I don't think @Vjacheslav has ever said that is not possible.
    If we did that Scott's position would surely be untenable as it would rank as one of the poorest negotiations of all time in football.
    Semantics mate. If it happened, it would be an amount of money paid to keep Dobson and ignore / tear up the contract. Which is all some have been saying the whole time.

This really is going round in another circle, but the point is and has always been, there is a way Dobson can stay at Charlton, even though the contract is apparently binding and been done in accordance with UEFA / FIFA guidelines. 
  • Options
    As much as I want George to stay, this is getting ridiculous, 
    wish he would just come out and say he’s looking forward to the next chapter of his career so we can put this to bed. 
  • Options
    Dobbo has been good for us but I think it's time to move on. 
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Coventry saying in SLP all the players want George to stay.

Also, Cawley saying contract is binding and only way Charlton can get Dobson back is by buying him from his new club.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 22
    I would love George Dobson to stay, but am not seeing it happen. Its the denial stage of grief. Would love to be proved wrong. That would involve Scott and SMT acknowledging the mistake, can't see that happening.
    The only positive thing that may out of this is that, it has highlighted and spotlighted Scott's cluelessness - it may just limit Scott's future picking of players and strengthen Nathan Jones' choices. 
    The George Dobson saga (alongside useless loans, and managers has hightlighted / evidenced just how clueless Scott's judgement is. If that enables Nathan Jones to get the players he wants and knock back some of the useless Scott suggestions, (and SMT/owners back Jones financially), then there may be a chance that Charlton could be challenging for placement. If Scott has any say then it's midtable at best.
    Strengthening Nathan Jones picks of players, may provide the only silver lining of this sorry state of this episode.
  • Options
    wish he would just come out and say he’s looking forward to the next chapter of his career so we can put this to bed. 
    If it was done and dusted I’m sure he would have confirmed it by now…..I’m convinced there are manoeuvres of some kind or another still going on, whether or not they will end up with George in Prague or SE7 is anyone’s guess.
    I can confirm that a ‘very well’ connected and highly respected old stalwart spoke to George a couple of weeks back and when asked if he was staying replied….”I’m working on it.”
    They know each other well by the way.
    Is George going to a club in the Czech Republic?
  • Options
    If it was done and dusted I’m sure he would have confirmed it by now…..I’m convinced there are manoeuvres of some kind or another still going on, whether or not they will end up with George in Prague or SE7 is anyone’s guess.
    I can confirm that a ‘very well’ connected and highly respected old stalwart spoke to George a couple of weeks back and when asked if he was staying replied….”I’m working on it.”
    They know each other well by the way.
    Is George going to a club in the Czech Republic?
    Ooooops…..Budapest. 🫢