Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    This is messy and everybody has gone quiet.... including the poster who was sharing a heck of a lot one hour before kickoff!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    This is messy and everybody has gone quiet.... including the poster who was sharing a heck of a lot one hour before kickoff!
    Hopefully this means work being done in the background to sort. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Perhaps he had to put his boots on and get out on the pitch?
  • Options
    If Jones wants Dobson it means he is no mug as a manager.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Was in the Rad so missed whatever this was @mendonca

What's it all about?
  • Options
    It would be interesting to play one match with Dobbo on the bench for the 1st half and then replace Coventry for the 2nd half, use the other midfield position for an attacking player - Bakinson, TC, ???
  • Options
    mendonca said:

What's it all about?
    Ah not yesterday but a few months back now just before an away game.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

What's it all about?
    Ah not yesterday but a few months back now just before an away game.
    The bloke who knew one of Dobos family, or the Hungarian bloke?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Scott should sell his salmon trousers and buy us out of the Hungarian contract.
  • Options
    Cancel the installation of the vegan kitchen at SL, and give Dobo the Howdens vouchers as a sweetener

😉 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    It's 1,108.4 miles from London to Hungary which equates to a 19hr 51min drive or a two and a half hour flight.

As a club, we should stop taking calls and block any emails from Hungary.

If they send over a representative on a plane, all senior management and GD should hide.

Granted, we may be perceived as being childish but we need to play hardball with Fehevar here.
    I know your post is jokey but ultimately we can't do much as a club now. Dobson has signed the contract now when he becomes a free agent. 

Personally I feel although it's embarassing, if we have to pay to keep him, we should do. If we can get an adequate replacement for cheaper then sure, do it, but if we have to pay a small fee to keep him then I would. It's ludicrous to buy a player you already had, but getting him for a small fee is better than going out and buying someone for 500k when you know what you're getting with Dobbo. 
  • Options
    He’s been a good player, but we should not be buying him out of a pre contract. It’s poor business and doesn't make sense. It will also look embarrassing to the club (especially those who made the decision). Bad its come to this as I think he’d do a job for us next year but it’s not something we should pursue 
    With respect, nonsense.

Have you seen his performance in the last 3 games? He's been outstanding. 

Suppose it costs £200k or £300k to buy him out of his contract. I just don't see where we would get a similar player for that cost.

Yes it will be embarrassing.  And some will have a good laugh. Let them - we will have the final laugh when George goes up to pick up the league winners cup!
    You're making an assumption that he want's to stay.
  • Options
    Quite a good article on pre-contract agreements here https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/the-enforceability-of-pre-contracts-in-football/ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies if it’s been clearly explained and evidenced elsewhere but was there any agreement signed by the relevant parties that means Dobbo will be a player for the Hungarian club from this summer, or is it that he will be a free agent because there isn’t currently any contract/agreement from that time ?
  • Options
    He’s been a good player, but we should not be buying him out of a pre contract. It’s poor business and doesn't make sense. It will also look embarrassing to the club (especially those who made the decision). Bad its come to this as I think he’d do a job for us next year but it’s not something we should pursue 
    With respect, nonsense.

Suppose it costs £200k or £300k to buy him out of his contract. I just don't see where we would get a similar player for that cost.

Yes it will be embarrassing.  And some will have a good laugh. Let them - we will have the final laugh when George goes up to pick up the league winners cup!
    Cawley confirmed the other day we got Coventry on a free (other than the potential sell on). We can get promoted with or without him next season if we get recruitment right. No one is completely irreplaceable and there will be good value in possible replacements out there if we can find it.
  • Options
    Apologies if it’s been clearly explained and evidenced elsewhere but was there any agreement signed by the relevant parties that means Dobbo will be a player for the Hungarian club from this summer, or is it that he will be a free agent because there isn’t currently any contract/agreement from that time ?
    Dobbo has already signed a pre-contract with the Hungarian club
  • Options
    He's signed a pre-contract that means the day after his contract expires with us a new one starts with them. Some think it's watertight, others think it might be easy to get out of. I think the general consensus is someone would need to compensate the Hungarian club if he ends up not playing for them next season
  • Options
    It would be interesting to play one match with Dobbo on the bench for the 1st half and then replace Coventry for the 2nd half, use the other midfield position for an attacking player - Bakinson, TC, ???
    You can check this at the following two matches, because he recived the 10th yellow cards, so possibly the yesterday's match was his last game at The Valley.

How many Forints would you like to bet he is still a Charlton player next season? :)
  • Options
    With respect, nonsense.

So what makes you think we’d get him for less than a ‘similar’ type of player? His price is dictated by the market and his club…

the business behind it makes a non viable move. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    With respect, nonsense.

You're making an assumption that he want's to stay.
    Fair point.
  • Options
    The performances in the last couple of games points me to think that Dobson has had a change of mind, which has been sorted within the club, because he has been like a man possessed covering every blade of The Valley turf, he can not be accused of hiding or showing no interest for the club.
    That's my opinion of course, and still think he will be here next season after signing a longer contract in the summer...🤷‍♂️