Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Uh oh, Cawley vs Airman about to have it out in Makros car park.

Meanwhile SELR is standing in the background muttering words like ‘derisory’ and telling everyone who’ll listen that Darragh would’ve got more.
    I think we can be clear it wasn’t £1.50…
  • Options
    Chelsea won 2-1; Looks like Burstow played the whole game, didnt score. 
  • Options
    He’d have to play better the for the Dutch outpost team than he did for us, otherwise reading and stoke will be a pipe dream for him.
  • Options
    The word from the Chelsea training ground last week was Abramovich paid all the bills in advance (as if he knew his time as Putin's fixer might catch up with him) a whole year in advance and despite not being able to sort out the contracts during this period, and strangely enough refs money at academy level until next week, when the new owners are officially named.

The whole Mason Burstow saga was so bizarre. I rated him from just after he signed for Cafc and despite scoring a few goals looked like a youth playing in men's football.
    Needs to be stronger.

The competition among the masses of young Chelsea players on their books or their nursery sides will make it a long journey for Mason Burstow but financially he started at about 10k a week (that was the amount another young 18 year old forward started at another premier club last August so may be similar.) and he may well step up in a big set up at Cobham where skill is paramount.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    I’m happy for him, but since when does an appearance for Chelsea youth count as ‘full debut’?
    Embarrassing tweet from him full debut lol
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    Dizzle said:
    I’m happy for him, but since when does an appearance for Chelsea youth count as ‘full debut’?
    To be fair it’s probably the closest he’ll get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    Dizzle said:
    What's embarrassing is the number of derisory comments towards him on this site.
    Before he signed for Chelsea he was so good that we should be expecting at least £5m for him and after he signed he was crap anyway and not worth 2 and 6 let alone £1.6m.
    What really gets me is the amount of posters that seem to want him to fail. What's wrong with people?
    I want him to be a success. I just didn’t think he was good enough for a PL move when he did. Can’t blame him though. More interested if we have a sell on.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I've heard it on good authority that Mason Burstow has been collaborating with Martin Sandgaard on some sort of interplanetary gun
    I’ll have some of whatever you’re smoking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I've heard it on good authority that Mason Burstow has been collaborating with Martin Sandgaard on some sort of interplanetary gun
    God I hope it's ready soon. And it's pointed at our planet.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Met him at the Shrewsbury game when my boy was mascot. He was happy spending time with the kids and The Upbeats, taking photos, signing autographs, chatting away etc. Seemed like a fairly shy, very pleasant young man, not all "billy big bollocks" like some make him out to be. What struck me up close was just how young he looks and is! It's mad really and I guess there's not a footballer in the land that would have turned down a deal like he's got himself at Chelsea at his age. It's hard to see these players taken from us season after season, but until we get back in The Championship or gain Cat 1 Status it will carry on for a few more years. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season, with the U23's or out on loan. Personally I wouldn't want him back, but will definitely keep an eye on his progress...if just for that sell on fee! I was pissed at the time he was sold, but good luck to him. COYA.
    Yeah but he posted a selfie inside the new car he'd bought so he must be up himself.........

Like any other young bloke wouldn't have done the same.
  • Options
    Ty aliwibble that is nice to read. How people can slag off a young man setting out on his journey through life for signing for a club that means he will on substantial money that if he is sensible will set him up for life is beyond me. I for one wish him well and hope it all works out for him. If he has his head screwed on he will realise that jealousy is a terrible trait and far too many people have it
  • Options
    The rest of that article is a pretty shabby piece of client journalism, the downside of assigning journos to specific clubs. This one covers Chelsea but he could only get Charlton people to talk about Burstow’s qualities. 

But the bit Ali quotes is interesting. I am sure Jacko didnt make it up. But are you telling me Mason’s agent didnt know?🤣 When was he going to tell his “client”. ?

Shabby article about a shabby player farm. I hope Mason survives and prospers, and it sounds like he has the attitude that will serve him well.

• Options
    any news on his loan to another club?
    Unless something miraculous has happened since i last saw him he would get a loan move to a league 1 or 2 side? Championship possibly because he has Chelsea on his CV. 
  • Options
    any news on his loan to another club?
    Unless something miraculous has happened since i last saw him he would get a loan move to a league 1 or 2 side? Championship possibly because he has Chelsea on his CV. 
    I would guess that they will want to give him some time in the 18s/23s before they loan him out. He's going to get the best coaching at Chelsea for now.
  • Options
    Loan back was pointless, was said at the time and can't believe they tried to sell it as a positive. 

Burstow will be back in League one next season I reckon.