Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine vs England - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    To put it in perspective, that 0-0 with Scotland was 2 weeks ago. Some people wanted Southgate lynched after that game. 
  • Options
    What a night! Very, very special. I had a lot of faith in this side, but still shocked from a 4-0 quarter final win. Absolutely fabulous! 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Amazing tonight. And don’t want to bring it down but some of the anti English stuff on social media from the Scots and welsh is pathetic.
    Small man’s syndrome on overdrive. 

There will always be few . The many wish us well, as we do them.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Mom Sterling
  • Options
    A very Germanesk performance. It’s coming home. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Amazing tonight. And don’t want to bring it down but some of the anti English stuff on social media from the Scots and welsh is pathetic.
    Small man’s syndrome on overdrive. 
    The profile pictures will all magically updated from Ukraine to Denmark overnight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we’re gonna lose to anyone in the semis they don’t come much nicer than the Danes .
    If they beat us I’d want them to win it .
    No offence mate but fuck all that nicey nicey shit. Let’s wipe the fucking floor with them.
    I’m just preparing myself for if it goes tits up .
  • Options
    If we’re gonna lose to anyone in the semis they don’t come much nicer than the Danes .
    If they beat us I’d want them to win it .
    No offence mate but fuck all that nicey nicey shit. Let’s wipe the fucking floor with them.
    I’m just preparing myself for if it goes tits up .
    Only "if"?

That's uncharacteristically optimistic for you. 
    ;-) 
  • Options
    I’ve been proper punchy on England , look at the percentages !!!!
  • Options
    When the second & third goals went in with our fans singing loud during that period it was magical. Great overall performance especially the second half. 

Thought the ref was good and a kind thing not to put the Ukraine through another 5 mins added time.  
  • Options
    When the second & third goals went in with our fans singing loud during that period it was magical. Great overall performance especially the second half. 

Thought the ref was good and a kind thing not to put the Ukraine through another 5 mins added time.  
    I didn't know he had any discretion in that.
  • Options

I wasn't a difficult game to referee, but it's still nice to watch a game and not to have noticed the man in charge.
    How many games a season in div 1 are ruined by shit refereeing. 
  • Options
    Superb performance, we seem to get better every game.
    Not sure we will actually win the tournament as Italy are some outfit......but having said that, things are looking good.
  • Options
    Did that really just happen 😳
  • Options
    Right. Had a few

Pixkford 9/10
    Stirling 10/10
    Cane 9/10
    Stone 9/10
    Shore 9/10

Southgate 10/10 can we name a station after him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Scotland game feels like a lifetime ago.

Funny old game. 
    I still don't get all the bedwetting over the Scotland game.
    We needed a point to qualify and we got it quite comfortably.
    A professional job done.

And an added bonus was getting the tossers to act like they'd won the World Cup. How pathetic they are.
  • Options
    Beat Croatia 'It's just Croatia'. Beat Czech Republic in second gear 'You should be beating them!'. Beat Germany comfortably 'Germany aren't the force they were'. Beat Ukraine, 'It's just Ukraine don't get so happy'. 

Sit down. A team we can all be proud of, we haven't even seen what these boys can do when they're up against it, we just always look in cruise control.

Bring on the Danes 

Well said. Tough crowd on here!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Is anyone else having an existential crisis?
    I might if I knew what one was. 
    Are you sat in the corner of the room wearing nothing but your pants with your head in your hands repeating, this doesn't make sense?
    Are you peering through the gap in my living room curtains?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    What a win! 

Getting good game time into the squad who hadn't had the opportunity thus far was a real bonus, it was a smart move from GS. 

I think Pickford had his poorest game, 2 bad attempted clearances, that luckily didn't bite us on the arse. 

Denmark will be a much sterner test. But they will fear us more than we will of them. 

I hope Spain and Italy kick the living shit out of each other in the other semi. 

• Options
    Mom Sterling
    Think that was best I’ve ever seen him play. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    /
  • Options
    I’m going to keep writing England off until we win, bit like Leicester winning the league in 2016.

We are getting better and better as the tournament goes on , sure there was plenty of England fans telling Southgate he should be starting Grealish or whoever, I think we’ve got to start trusting this guy.

As other have already put eloquently, Denmark don’t frighten me, but we’ve got to stay calm and professional (the players that is, the fans can go bleeding mental).

Seeing Lampard, Rio, Shearer and Gary Lineker in the studio you can see how much they want us to win and what it would mean to the country.

Weve been through a lot as a country with Covid in the last 2 years, locked up, not seen people and lost loved ones family and friends, this just gives us all a bit of hope and respite, I hope we can do it.

Arise Sir Gareth..,,,
  • Options
    Right. Had a few

Pixkford 9/10
    Stirling 10/10
    Cane 9/10
    Stone 9/10
    Shore 9/10

Southgate 10/10 can we name a station after him?
    Shore?