Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

Comments

• Options
    So if he had a budget of 500 for a ticket what has he spent that money on now considering he got in for free?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I wish on people a lifetime of diarrhoea when I’m queuing for 20 mins with other like minded people to leave a junction when other selfish people think it’s their right to drive up the middle lane to the very last moment and then cut in. Why should they queue like everyone else?

I’ll say one thing @sunbury-addick in 9 years time my kids will also be 19. The actions of your nephew and thousands of others have stone dead killed what was a very real chance of us getting the 2030 World Cup.

Imagine how great that would have been? 
    We don't deserve to host a international tournament because are main stadium is a security joke. Google the 2011 Champions league final Barca v Manchester United. Same thing happened that day on the same scale. It happened against Germany and Denmark.  It literally happens every game at Wembley. 

Wembley is a not a football stadium which can be trusted for major events. All major stadiums have huge ring of steels about 500 yards out to stop being getting near the stadium. Wembley does not have that because it has huge shopping centres, hotels and restaurants. Go to any major international stadium in Europe and Wembley is the only one which you can walk into almost outside on match day without a ticket. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I wish on people a lifetime of diarrhoea when I’m queuing for 20 mins with other like minded people to leave a junction when other selfish people think it’s their right to drive up the middle lane to the very last moment and then cut in. Why should they queue like everyone else?

I’ll say one thing @sunbury-addick in 9 years time my kids will also be 19. The actions of your nephew and thousands of others have stone dead killed what was a very real chance of us getting the 2030 World Cup.

Imagine how great that would have been? 
    It makes me fume on the Blackwall Tunnel approach when driving to Charlton. Especially when getting to the game before kick off is in the balance! It pisses me off that people let them in.
  • Options
    “Lovely hard working lad” suddenly makes me think prolific dealer and sunbury is the most naive person ever and has been hugely gaslighted!
  • Options
    Any of the idiots who get caught breaking in to the ground or smashing up things outside,will get a slap on the wrists,and then give it large to all their mates.Answer,a nice portion of porridge,see how quick they do it again.
    The problem is there's a critical mass of dickheads in this country. Locking a few of them up isn't going make any meaningful difference to either their numbers at large or behaviour going forward.

I genuinely believe certain demographics should be paid more money through the benefits system for not having kids than they can get by having them. It's the only way to make a dent in the situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:
    He is an estate agent, I'd be in favour of locking him in a room full of sexually aggressive silverback gorillas and that was before he showed the world his bigotry 

@The_Organiser I'm not surprised to hear Maidstone had incidents or was carnage but I am surprised I haven't been spammed with smartphone videos of it. Same for Rochester and Chatham especially after the mayhem for the Colombia game down the command house. 

@sunbury-addick I can't share your happiness I'm afraid. Turn that on its head and if I tell you about someone I know who has a budget of about 500 for a car but as he can't get a reliable, tidy car for that he robbed one. 

I was very resentful after trying and trying to get tickets through the portal and not being successful then seeing people who I guarantee have not done the hard yards of supporting a club let alone the country being there really wound me up I'm not even talking about famous people in posh seats. 

First qualifier in Hungary coming up though so maybe we will see a new crowd of travelling England fan 
    Silly analogy - he didn't steal a seat that was taken, he is a fervent Charlton / England fan - despite your comments I am still proud of the fellas commitment to the cause. Today, he is just gutted that we lost.
    He unlawfully gained entry to an event for which he had not paid. It was a Covid Test event with restricted capacity which he and others unlawfully exceeded. Everyone that gained lawful entry would have needed a negative Covid test no longer than 48 hours prior to the game.

You and I have very different views on behaviour that deserves pride. - and I couldn't give a toss that he is a fervent Charlton/England fan.

Fair enough - the poor little bugger has been cooped up for the best part of 18 months at his age - I remain pleased for him. He saw no trouble / storming, a different plan - that succeeded.

Ah bless his little cotton socks.

You are attempting to defend the indefensible - and failing miserably.
    Sorry, but I don't care - I was happy when I saw that he was in 30 mins before kick - off
    Happy for him I was stood outside for 45 mins and missed the national anthem due to these selfish cunts storming ticket barriers that I unfortunately share the same country with.
    He didn't storm anything, arrived at 2pm, executed his researched plan at around 19.15, posted a pic to our private group at 19.30 in a full Wembley - how you could arrive so late to miss national anthems, red arrows etc. is beyond me - it was 8pm on a Sunday ffs 
    You do realise, nothing is ever truly private.

🤔
    Especially when your uncle posts about your plans on the internet!   :s
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    In the USA it's illegal to drink in public...... out in the open while walking around streets and really only allowed in pubs restaurants and bars....That might be something to consider....and yes I know the USA has ridiculous gun laws 
    Not on the Las Vegas strip! 
    Or on golf courses, tailgates etc
    Nope, you don’t get those - golf courses are private property, tailgating also takes place in private areas. I’m only aware of two places where you can drink in a public area - LV and the French Quarter in New Orleans. There may be others, and sometimes the Police don’t enforce it. We have a local music festival here where the police ignore people drinking from cans, but if they need to arrest you for something else, you’ll be charged with public drinking as well. 

Someone else mentioned overserving. Bars here are really careful about that as they, as a business, and the bartender asan individual, can be held legally responsible if a drunk is involved in an accident. I see people getting refused service all the time. 

Stop the drinking in public areas would be a start. If people have to drink in pubs you can get two mitigating factors - price, and making pubs responsible for their customers conduct. 
    Ok fair enough. What about municipal golf courses tho. I’ve played and drunk at muni’s.
  • Options
    So if he had a budget of 500 for a ticket what has he spent that money on now considering he got in for free?
    Lots of cocaine probably.
    Ethically sourced, of course.
    Actually that’s a good point, saying noone was affected and they didn’t do anything wrong breaking into Wembley is a bit like wearing blinkers and saying the cocaine trade doesn’t do any harm and it’s just a nice recreational drug, also the same for the users.
  • Options
    Bunking in to the Valley was the done thing when i was 9/10. If it was a boring game we'd bunk out and go up the park with a packet of 5 fags. 
    We were foiled for a while when the top of the walls were painted with non drying red paint. Our mums were  not amused when we went home covered in red paint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bunking in to the Valley was the done thing when i was 9/10. If it was a boring game we'd bunk out and go up the park with a packet of 5 fags. 
    We were foiled for a while when the top of the walls were painted with non drying red paint. Our mums were  not amused when we went home covered in red paint.
    A lot of English Supporters Travel Club members like myself get named as 'Tories' by northern fans from the bigger clubs because we are not of that mindset. I pay my way into grounds because that it what I know and what I see everyone else doing since I was a young kid. I paid £85.00 for the final, and I thought that was reasonable for that game. Compare that to £20 for a nothing friendly against Fulham. I have met some proper scousers and mancs at the matches, and trust me it is still normal practice today. Any major final between these clubs and thousands will bunk in for free.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Your joking.
    I cant imagine anyone on Charltonlife has ever bunked into or had friends who bunked into the valley.
  • Options
    Is your nephew called Terry? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZx5OgKQNrA
  • Options
    Horrible ground, crappy 'bar' at the bowling alley sums up this soul less pit. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Seen this doing the rounds on twitter and Instagram today, and it certainly backs up what people said earlier on this thread about international accounts being abusive on twitter. I've got no idea where the data is from though, or if it's reliable. Also doesn't take into count people using VPNs

• Options
    Never been keen on Wembley Park , obviously most times at Wembley it’s a massive crowd and always feels like a crush leaving and entering the station .

I want automatic promotion
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Seen this doing the rounds on twitter and Instagram today, and it certainly backs up what people said earlier on this thread about international accounts being abusive on twitter. I've got no idea where the data is from though, or if it's reliable. Also doesn't take into count people using VPNs

without the source it will be difficult to read anything into this