Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    In the USA it's illegal to drink in public...... out in the open while walking around streets and really only allowed in pubs restaurants and bars....That might be something to consider....and yes I know the USA has ridiculous gun laws 
    Not on the Las Vegas strip! 
    Or on golf courses, tailgates etc
    Nope, you don’t get those - golf courses are private property, tailgating also takes place in private areas. I’m only aware of two places where you can drink in a public area - LV and the French Quarter in New Orleans. There may be others, and sometimes the Police don’t enforce it. We have a local music festival here where the police ignore people drinking from cans, but if they need to arrest you for something else, you’ll be charged with public drinking as well. 

Someone else mentioned overserving. Bars here are really careful about that as they, as a business, and the bartender asan individual, can be held legally responsible if a drunk is involved in an accident. I see people getting refused service all the time. 

Stop the drinking in public areas would be a start. If people have to drink in pubs you can get two mitigating factors - price, and making pubs responsible for their customers conduct. 
    Ok fair enough. What about municipal golf courses tho. I’ve played and drunk at muni’s.
    They are still considered private property, even though they are owned by the town. 

Generally, and there can always be a local exemption, any public street, common, forest or beach is off limits unless it’s private property, in which case it’s up to the owner. 

Thanks mate.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Croydon said:
    Seen this doing the rounds on twitter and Instagram today, and it certainly backs up what people said earlier on this thread about international accounts being abusive on twitter. I've got no idea where the data is from though, or if it's reliable. Also doesn't take into count people using VPNs

How can you tell where the posts came from? 

Vpns are a thing. Fake accounts pretending to be some guy halfway across the world/anonymous accounts are also a thing. 
    Which is exactly what Croydon said.
    Just a bit weird this conspiracy theory. 

'It's not us, it's some foreigner tweeting racist stuff to our players for missing a penalty.' - how does that even make sense? 

I suppose the English fans breaking into the stadium as well as defacing Rashford's mural were actually Russian sleeper agents. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    BTW, I'm not denying that there is racism in other countries @ValleyGary or that people from other countries have an interest in English football. I am questioning the efficacy of the stats presented here and the motivations of their originators.
    @Stig you'd be very surprised using as an example the amount of racist abuse one of our U23 was sun Aouachia receives from Middle Eastern / Notth Africa accounts 
    I'm not massively surprised an Algerian receives racist abuse from others in North Africa and the Middle East, nor am I massively surprised by people thinking that what has flown since 10:54 on Sunday is all the works of troll farms
    Has anyone actually said that?
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4374917/#Comment_4374917

Must have completely misread this then

• Options
    Pengland, with their rich history of winning at penalties...
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    BTW, I'm not denying that there is racism in other countries @ValleyGary or that people from other countries have an interest in English football. I am questioning the efficacy of the stats presented here and the motivations of their originators.
    @Stig you'd be very surprised using as an example the amount of racist abuse one of our U23 was sun Aouachia receives from Middle Eastern / Notth Africa accounts 
    I'm not massively surprised an Algerian receives racist abuse from others in North Africa and the Middle East, nor am I massively surprised by people thinking that what has flown since 10:54 on Sunday is all the works of troll farms

The word he used was "sizeable," the word you were suggesting he used was "all"
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:

Sizeable then, if that makes people feel more comfortable with the problem that the majority/sizeable amount is from troll farms, or people have their NordVPN setting set to India, then cool. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:

Fair dos, missed that one.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Seen this doing the rounds on twitter and Instagram today, and it certainly backs up what people said earlier on this thread about international accounts being abusive on twitter. I've got no idea where the data is from though, or if it's reliable. Also doesn't take into count people using VPNs

Vpns are a thing. Fake accounts pretending to be some guy halfway across the world/anonymous accounts are also a thing. 

'It's not us, it's some foreigner tweeting racist stuff to our players for missing a penalty.' - how does that even make sense? 

I suppose the English fans breaking into the stadium as well as deface Rashford's mural were actually Russian sleeper agents. 
    There are some peculiar people on twitter mind. I got into a bit of a row yesterday with two Americans who were congratulating Italy on beating the most racist country in the world. A quick flick through one of their bio's and last year they were disputing that America has a racism problem. I was almost lost for words. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

I suppose the English fans breaking into the stadium as well as deface Rashford's mural were actually Russian sleeper agents. 
    There are some peculiar people on twitter mind. I got into a bit of a row yesterday with two Americans who were congratulating Italy on beating the most racist country in the world. A quick flick through one of their bio's and last year they were disputing that America has a racism problem. I was almost lost for words. 
    I had an argument with someone from Singapore on Instagram who thought Rashford deserved the abuse because like Messi and Ronaldo he should do well under pressure and not be so arrogant.

It's baffling beyond words. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Huskaris said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:

Sizeable then, if that makes people feel more comfortable with the problem that the majority/sizeable amount is from troll farms, or people have their NordVPN setting set to India, then cool. 
    I've not read the comments on this, but to answer your particular one, Southgate himself told us that the majority of racist comments came from abroad. I think that means 'sizable' is a fair word to use.

Where ever the messages eminated, I would say its fair to call all of those making them 'scum' and the platforms they use should ban them forever and never offer the cloak of anonymity to any user.
  • Options
    Notice a fan who has been suspended by his Employer: Savills (the Estate Agent) is claiming that his twitter account was hacked after posting and then deleting a racist message after the game.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Huskaris said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    Stig said:

I've not read the comments on this, but to answer your particular one, Southgate himself told us that the majority of racist comments came from abroad. I think that means 'sizable' is a fair word to use.

Where ever the messages eminated, I would say its fair to call all of those making them 'scum' and the platforms they use should ban them forever and never offer the cloak of anonymity to any user.
    Southgate is in on the conspiracy theory obviously….
  • Options
    Notice a fan who has been suspended by his Employer: Savills (the Estate Agent) is claiming that his twitter account was hacked after posting and then deleting a racist message after the game.
    It seems he had two accounts, one under a different name, probably posted from the wrong account after a few beers.
  • Options
    This is all alien to me. And may long it remain so. You all know - including the Meeja, and the TV that none of this is real. its just fat people in their pants eating a pot noodle tapping bits of plastic. I jacked in Facebook (the only social media i had) a year ago and life is so much better when you aren't checking your phone for shit that doesn't matter in your life.  
  • Options
    Uefa opening investigation now and fa been charged with 4 offences - all it will result in is behind closed door games and reduced crowds - real fans get punished as per 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Uefa opening investigation now and fa been charged with 4 offences - all it will result in is behind closed door games and reduced crowds - real fans get punished as per 
    England usually just end up with a bunch of fines.

Didnt we get charged with three offences against Denmark and only got fined €30k
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely no excuse for the behaviour of the hundreds of neanderthals on Sunday... but BBC are reporting that the increased capacity at the Semis and Final were as a result of UEFA pressure on the FA.

It seems the FA was put under considerable pressure by UEFA to ramp up attendance from 20k to 60k over the course of two weeks and faced the possibility of having the final moved elsewhere. It now appears Wembley and London - with England still in partial lockdown - wasn’t ready.
  • Options
    Absolutely no excuse for the behaviour of the hundreds of neanderthals on Sunday... but BBC are reporting that the increased capacity at the Semis and Final were as a result of UEFA pressure on the FA.

It seems the FA was put under considerable pressure by UEFA to ramp up attendance from 20k to 60k over the course of two weeks and faced the possibility of having the final moved elsewhere. It now appears Wembley and London - with England still in partial lockdown - wasn’t ready.
    I doubt the UEFA put the pressure on themselves, I would suspect there was pressure on from government when the threat of Budapest was floated 

• Options
    This is all alien to me. And may long it remain so. You all know - including the Meeja, and the TV that none of this is real. its just fat people in their pants eating a pot noodle tapping bits of plastic. I jacked in Facebook (the only social media i had) a year ago and life is so much better when you aren't checking your phone for shit that doesn't matter in your life.  
    Same for me although it’s been about eighteen months. I haven’t deactivated my account but only use it now to send birthday messages to people I don’t see in person. The amount of time I wasted on there was incredible and I feel so much better for absenting myself from it.
  • Options
    I wish on people a lifetime of diarrhoea when I’m queuing for 20 mins with other like minded people to leave a junction when other selfish people think it’s their right to drive up the middle lane to the very last moment and then cut in. Why should they queue like everyone else?

I’ll say one thing @sunbury-addick in 9 years time my kids will also be 19. The actions of your nephew and thousands of others have stone dead killed what was a very real chance of us getting the 2030 World Cup.

Imagine how great that would have been? 
    Not a nephew - I have changed my stance 24hrs on, bearing in mind the reasonable reasons posted why it was wrong. He should not have done it, I should not have been delighted.
    Wow, big respect to you for that. 
  • Options
    As other posters have said, it is embarrassing end of.
    I'm just pleased the majority find it embarrassing and are saying so. This has not always been the case so we are progressing in the right the direction.
    No idea what the answer is a country but regarding Wembley it seems common knowledge that security and event management is weak- that is very concerning and needs addressing ASAP 
  • Options
    I wish on people a lifetime of diarrhoea when I’m queuing for 20 mins with other like minded people to leave a junction when other selfish people think it’s their right to drive up the middle lane to the very last moment and then cut in. Why should they queue like everyone else?

I’ll say one thing @sunbury-addick in 9 years time my kids will also be 19. The actions of your nephew and thousands of others have stone dead killed what was a very real chance of us getting the 2030 World Cup.

Not a nephew - I have changed my stance 24hrs on, bearing in mind the reasonable reasons posted why it was wrong. He should not have done it, I should not have been delighted.
    Kudos for that.
  • Options

fair play mate!