Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling vs CAFC - Match Thread (Pre-season friendly)

Comments

• Options
    Lovely finish from Aaron Henry... This trialist of a Goalkeeper dont like long shots
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Henry,  0-3  looking very good tonight B)
  • Options
    3-0, Aaron Henry left footed from outside the box
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I recall when Danny Green joined & smashed in a beautiful 25 yarder at Welling. What a player.
    He never did it again.
    https://youtu.be/uTYOQ2e7d7I
    I don't remember that at all.
  • Options
    That Nazir Bakrin looks a unit doesnt he!!
  • Options
    By looking at that goal celebration we were losing, losing heavily. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I recall when Danny Green joined & smashed in a beautiful 25 yarder at Welling. What a player.
    He never did it again.
    https://youtu.be/uTYOQ2e7d7I
    I don't remember that at all.
    I originally looked for the one at Yeovil(?) 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Weetabix save from their trialist keeper slow to get down then try’s to stop the shot with his wrong hand🤷‍♂️ . Still if you don’t shoot you don’t score, nice one Henry👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How longs left? We could still win this!
    15 mins...fingers crossed we can hang on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    He never did it again.
    Derby away Edit Sorry late to the party again  :(
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll get the PVR pitch invasion tonight
  • Options
    FT 0-3 all in all a good solid game
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable and some promising performances from a number of our youngsters, some of whom will probably feature in the Carabao Cup against AFC Wimbledon in four weeks time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very enjoyable game!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Thought Henry and Oguntayo shone that half. 

Washington his usual self and maybe a bit too much thought on curling that shot rather than smashing it in.

Powell clearly wanted to win. 

Triallist 11 for Welling.... well what a dirty bastard.
  • Options
    Such a shame our youth were completely ignored and disregarded last season. 

That was quite a spicy game. Made it feel like a cup tie more than a friendly. 

I did find Welling's moaning and diving captain funny on the touchline.
  • Options
    Went to the game. Nice pattern of play in the first half. Decent passing and moving. Both wide men looked good as did the young centre half - I would add that the Centre Half was not tested at all.

Second half a bit more disjointed.

A decent run out, but don't loose sight of the fa t that Welling were awful. Worst Wings team I have seen for a long time.

No idea what sort side Gillingham put out, but for reference Welling drew 3-3 with them over the weekend.

• Options
    Wonder if we'll get the PVR pitch invasion tonight
    Loads of warnings that a pitch invasion would break the anti COVID bubbles and force the cancellation of games. 
  • Options
    Clayden looks a prospect not just because of his directness and pace.

Because of his decision making when receiving the ball if the defender was too close he would look to exploit in behind and if there was space between him and the defender he look to receive to feet and either beat him down line or cut inside also released it quickly. 

Morgan is just a class act just know when he has that quick scan looks up and picks his pass out that just cuts through. We need to play him in a 3 give him that freedom to be our playmaker and he will create a lot of chances. 
  • Options
    Really impressed with Morgan, new Deji, Claydon and Oguntayo. Nice finish from DJ too. I know Welling are a non-league side but thought they were really poor, looked like a few blokes who looked a bit like sportsmen picked out from the local pub.