Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    Another GB fighter winning with less than 10 seconds to go ends up losing.

And again….
    I am no expert but seemed like a huge mistake 2 seconds left 2 points ahead, surely you should never lose there? Not really a massive fan of taekwondo, just feels sometimes you get the right calls and hard to follow
    Just watching that, it did seem like a massive mistake. I'm not sure any other sport can change in a split second like that
    Is Football overly different when you think about the Bauer goal at Wembley?

Sunderland only had to clear their lines one last time or stop the cross
    not really agreeing with your point, like it was literally the last second. Football can change in a moment but you cant go from the halfway line and put it in the top corner within a second. poor analogy 
    Also, in football (other than in some away goals type scenario) you can’t go from winning to losing in a split second. You can go from drawing to losing very quickly, but that’s not the same. 
  • Options
    unbelievable game, to be a player down in 7's and win is ridiculous 
    they finished two players down
  • Options
    Not really a rugby fan but those last 2 games were brilliant 
  • Options
    Not really a rugby fan but those last 2 games were brilliant 
    7's is a different animal, i normally only watch England or World cups / Six nations.

But this is brilliant, loving the end to end format. I know its been around for a while even my Auntie went to South Africa (possibly) for a previous 7s and i have watched it on the occasion. 

Loving it, bar staying up and watching us get thrashed by Fiji this morning, although i think we were our own last enemy. As good as they are just we made far too many errors which they punished as expected. New Zealand v Fiji final?
  • Options
    With regards to the players for the Rugby 7s.

Are they picked from the typical Rugby Premiership / England team?
    Doesnt appear so from what someone said earlier. Also, don’t they have 7’s tournaments all year round?
    Yeah they do, the USA team are pros based in vagas and play yhe circuit every year.  Ours is almost a stratch team we actually qualified with an "England" team. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    With regards to the players for the Rugby 7s.

Are they picked from the typical Rugby Premiership / England team?
    Doesnt appear so from what someone said earlier. Also, don’t they have 7’s tournaments all year round?
    Yeah they do, the USA team are pros based in vagas and play yhe circuit every year.  Ours is almost a stratch team we actually qualified with an "England" team. 
    From what has been said they have a normal pool of 7's players, its rare but you get the odd player who does play normal rugby too. They have 7s tourneys all year round internationally but i know with Covid these haven't happened so everyone has gone in a bit cold and unknown/ no form. 
  • Options
    Enjoying the skateboarding, takes a lot of skill and fearlessness to do some of the tricks they do.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Enjoying the skateboarding, takes a lot of skill and fearlessness to do some of the tricks they do.
    Did you see the womans yesterday? 2 13 year olds making the final is crazy and both in contention to win, with one of them getting the gold. Mad being that young and winning a Gold medal, also the camaraderie and respect they all have for each other is admirable.  
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    my mates younger brother was going mental on facebook the other day after someone suggested it shouldn't be there and isn't a sport. started comparing footballers feigning injury to skateboarders getting wiped out and jumping straight up and cracking on

was quite entertaining 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'd expect us to win a medal in the team Dressage. Have to say watching horses dance doesn't really do it for me. 
  • Options
    You'd expect us to win a medal in the team Dressage. Have to say watching horses dance doesn't really do it for me. 
    No doubt takes a lot of skill and patience but as a spectacle, it’s shite.
  • Options
    I find it all a bit weird 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Fiji were brilliant 5 years ago when they won in the 7's in Rio.
    When they are on it, they are so hard to beat. Happy for Fiji to beat the Aussies.
    7's is a great Olympic sport.

• Options
    Fiji were brilliant 5 years ago when they won in the 7's in Rio.
    When they are on it, they are so hard to beat. Happy for Fiji to beat the Aussies.
    7's is a great Olympic sport.

As good as they are, its making me cringe how much the coverage are literally going on about it. 

I dont think they are untouchable, maybe as i watched their first game which Japan nearly had them. They have certainly picked up and are a class above GB, i fancy New Zealand to win, Argentina wont be an easy one either
  • Options
    nowt more boring than watching a horse dance!.....sport ?????
  • Options
    Lots of crying across the board, winners and losers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Kinsella's daughter on the beam!
    Alice Kinsella 👏  

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It was a springboard for his acting career
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'm still amazed that the USA didn't wipe the field in the shooting.
    There isn't (yet) an Olympic competition for spraying crowds of people with high velocity assault rifle fire
    Much to the chagrin of the KKK erm the NRA and all the other yanks whose literacy doesn't extend to comprehension of the word 'Amendment'.
  • Options
    nowt more boring than watching a horse dance!.....sport ?????

Especially when you've backed it at Goodwood and it's dancing in last place to Ravel's Bolero. 
  • Options
    A solid win for Walden there, though I've seen more action on a Saturday night down my local
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    my mates younger brother was going mental on facebook the other day after someone suggested it shouldn't be there and isn't a sport. started comparing footballers feigning injury to skateboarders getting wiped out and jumping straight up and cracking on

was quite entertaining 
    Lol it does sound entertaining. Your mates brother could of quickly ended it(maybe he did) with a quick google search
    sport definition..

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella's daughter on the beam!
    I hadn't realised that Fred Sireix's daughter (he's the Maître d' who presents various food programmes on TV) is competing for us in the diving!