Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    SamB09 said:
    SamB09 said:
    Enjoying the skateboarding, takes a lot of skill and fearlessness to do some of the tricks they do.
    my mates younger brother was going mental on facebook the other day after someone suggested it shouldn't be there and isn't a sport. started comparing footballers feigning injury to skateboarders getting wiped out and jumping straight up and cracking on

was quite entertaining 
    Lol it does sound entertaining. Your mates brother could of quickly ended it(maybe he did) with a quick google search
    sport definition..

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    no, he was calling footballers fucking pussies and listing his injuries from skateboarding like a fractured elbow then calling people uneducated snobs then basically ending saying he doesn't know why he bothers with any of you c*nts

my mate is about to turn 40 but his brother is only in his early 20's but clearly very passionate 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    SamB09 said:
    Enjoying the skateboarding, takes a lot of skill and fearlessness to do some of the tricks they do.
    my mates younger brother was going mental on facebook the other day after someone suggested it shouldn't be there and isn't a sport. started comparing footballers feigning injury to skateboarders getting wiped out and jumping straight up and cracking on

was quite entertaining 
    Lol it does sound entertaining. Your mates brother could of quickly ended it(maybe he did) with a quick google search
    sport definition..

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    no, he was calling footballers fucking pussies and listing his injuries from skateboarding like a fractured elbow then calling people uneducated snobs then basically ending saying he doesn't know why he bothers with any of you c*nts

my mate is about to turn 40 but his brother is only in his early 20's but clearly very passionate 
    Ah got ya
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    SamB09 said:
    SamB09 said:

was quite entertaining 
    sport definition..

Ah got ya
    very entertaining though
  • Options
    They will be dancing in the streets of Olympic committee!

What a result for team GB, Alice worked ever single piece!!

She must be from Yorkshire :p
  • Options
    Gymnastics is a sport which suffers due to the host feed concentrating on the Russians and Americans
  • Options
    Come on Gio, horse dancing is coming home!! 
  • Options
    Nice music
  • Options
    Anyone sort of hoping it stops and drops a deposit on the middle of the arena?

Just me then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone sort of hoping it stops and drops a deposit on the middle of the arena?

Just me then.
    Boom  :D
  • Options
    The boxing judges in the olympics just as shit as the pros
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They will be dancing in the streets of Olympic committee!

What a result for team GB, Alice worked ever single piece!!

She must be from Yorkshire :p
    You know someone’s vegetarian from Leeds because they tell you…
    You don't have to sit through our local news, they were claiming the triathlete from Lancashire at lunch time because she trains in Leeds.

If "we" don't win a medal before hand tomorrow's news will be about how Tom Daley once went to Betty's tea room and they will send a reporter there to do interviews. 
  • Options
    My main gripe with some of the sports in the Olympics is that I've always held the opinion that if the Olympics is not the pinnacle of your sport, then that sport doesn't belong in the Olympics. 

Tennis, football, golf etc are a big no for me as Olympic sports.  

Just my opinion of course 
    Agreed, I never in particular understood why golf was brought back
  • Options
    Agree that the Olympic sport should be the pinnacle. Having professionals playing football and basketball doesn't seem right.

The surfing was good. The Brazilians board broke on his first wave in the final!
  • Options
    With regards to the players for the Rugby 7s.

Are they picked from the typical Rugby Premiership / England team?
    The players may be linked to a club, but they're centrally contracted with their respective nations 7s teams. They're basically on tour for the whole year, playing in a number of tournaments around the world. 
  • Options
    When I was still playing rugby a few sentences would send me cold 

"7s tournament in July" 
    "We are away next week to Sheppey" 
    "We'll have a game of touch for a bit of fun" 
    "Tank has shat in the shower" 

Hated playing sevens, hated it. It bore no relation to how I played the game and was all set up for the whippets who had far too much space they wouldn't normally get. I totally agree its exciting to watch for a non purist rugby fan though 

• Options
    Well done to the Irish women, picking up a bronze in the rowing. Shame it had to be at the expense of the Brits in 4th though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    GB miss out on a medal for the third time in the rowing today. Not looking good.
  • Options
    Biggest recipient of lottery funding and no medals so far. 
  • Options
    Now we've got one lol
  • Options
    Best bit of the morning Olympic breakfast is Sam quek - proper rocket 
  • Options
    How do our rowers manage to go this far off course when they're supposed to be going in a straight line?

• Options
    Didn't realise that Lauren Price, who is competing in the boxing, is a previous World champion at kickboxing, and played football for Wales before winning World Championship boxing gold.

How talented are some people?!