Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wonder why Wassim not getting any minutes - been on the bench every match and not got onto the pitch yet 
    Not sure he’s actually on the bench today, it seems that Vennings has his shirt numbet
    Vennings wasn't even in the squad.... 
  • Options
    Wonder why Wassim not getting any minutes - been on the bench every match and not got onto the pitch yet 
    Hasn’t he been out for over a year so maybe not full fit yet but seems strange to just take him.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Quite happy with that.

Sure it's 'just' a friendly. But we looked as good as they did for decent spells.
  • Options
    Missed the first half, but second we looked alright... Another good workout done and dusted
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ghandour looks quite useful.  Looks like he has bulked up a bit since I last saw him. 
    Think the Reading keeper was waiting for an apology after Ghandour challenged him,he's still waiting😂
    That was Powell wasn't it?  It's so hard to watch this ha ha 
  • Options
    Respectable result.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Good run out.
  • Options
    Good work out and good to get a draw with a Championship side away from home 
  • Options
    Roddy speaking to the physio about his back there at the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not sure he’s actually on the bench today, it seems that Vennings has his shirt numbet
    Not the one named before kick off but he came on, as tweeted by the club and mentioned on the commentary.

• Options
    Enjoyed that. A lot of positives coming from that, most notably our counter attacking throughout the game. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    not the issued one, but he came on in the 77th minute wearing Wassim’s shirt number
  • Options
    Missed most of the second half as I got a phone call I needed to take. Good workout within the limitations of our squad. Hope we can get up and running quickly over the next couple of weeks. More established bodies needed unless we are going with the kids as back up. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ghandour looks quite useful.  Looks like he has bulked up a bit since I last saw him. 
    Think the Reading keeper was waiting for an apology after Ghandour challenged him,he's still waiting😂
    That was Powell wasn't it?  It's so hard to watch this ha ha 
    🤷‍♂️ May have been,either way,loved the response from our lad
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not the one named before kick off but he came on, as tweeted by the club and mentioned on the commentary.

Yeah I know I assume he was on the bench instead of Wassim as he had that number on the original squad that was tweeted out.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It was said on comms that they were initially confused because Wassim was listed as 21 on the team sheet but when 21 came onto the pitch, it was actually Vennings wearing that number.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Clayden is brilliant 
    Twitter is saying it was Ghandour? 
    Yea mate clayden got the assist, great pace and decision making. 
  • Options
    Love the Leaburn’s in this advert. 
  • Options
    thought we looked decent. Claire and dobson were good, jayasemi and Connor looked good wide and Davidson did OK. add an inform stockley and that's a pretty decent front 3. inniss and famewo at cb. just need some back up. roddy looked pretty good, and a good cameo from Claydon. looking at that I'd say we need another centre back maybe as backup, maybe a left back but Roddy did look good, a winger, and  a 10 to challenge Morgan for that role. harsh to judge gomez on 30 mins, but didn't show much 
  • Options
    Don’t have a go at the eyes, cos that is a stigmatism I’ve had from the age of five
  • Options
    dreading the next friendly
  • Options
    I’d be worried if I was a Reading fan, their squad looks really thin. After both sides made subs, we got better, they got worse
  • Options
    Good game that. I think we look to be shaping up quite nicely.