Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Roddy should be nowhere near the first team.  He gave their winger too much space time and time again and nearly every Reading opportunity was initiated from that side.  Other than Famewo being sloppy with the ball, the rest of the potential starters looked decent.  Albie looked excellent.  Even though he gave a lot of effort, Davison was anonymous - I certainly hope he is not our primary reserve for Stockley.  The yoof injected a lot of energy in the second half.   
  • Options
    Roddy does not fill me with much confort. He should be 4/5th choice. 
  • Options
    Roddy doesn’t look or move like an athlete. We can’t go into the season with him at left back. 
  • Options
    We need to sign another left back for sure. 
  • Options
    Would expect one of the loan slots to be a Left Back unless there's a deal to be done for Oglivie. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    TS impressed, bad news for the pessimists, will be a sign that we won’t be bringing in any new players.
    The state of some of those replies. 
  • Options
    Who is Roddy? 
  • Options
    Roddy has only got game time due to the lack of LB options in the squad at the moment, I’m sure we’ll bring someone else in
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Who is Roddy? 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e2c532e563d/academy-player-update-new-contracts-and-new-arrivals

Young full back we signed in the summer.

Striker Ryan Viggars, a Wales youth international, joins on a two-year contract from Sheffield United, while left back Jacob Roddy arrives from Bradfield College in Reading, where he is currently undergoing a scholarship.

“Jacob came in on trial because there was a gap there as we’d released our left back. He’s previously been at Southampton academy up until he was 16 and in the last two years he took up a scholarship at Bradfield College near Reading, so that’s where he currently is, currently finishing his A Levels… which is a very good football school I might add. 

“He came in on trial even as early as March initially... dislocated his shoulder in one of the trial games so then had to come back again a few weeks later before we made that decision. He is very quick, athletic which, in particular, impresses you, with good height as well, great energy to get up and down which I think is needed of a full back in the modern game, with a sweet left foot as well. So I’m really looking forward to taking Jacob forward as well.”

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The weight of Davison’s ponytail cost him the half a yard of pace he needed to reach that cross
    Davison looks/reminds me of Lee Novak.
    He seems somewhat top heavy and weighty and yet Novak wasn't in reality and possibly nor is Davison.
    But they "seem" to lumber around.
    I'm just not "liking/feeling" Davison at all.
    This is heavily influenced by him looking not good enough for L2 FGR last season.
  • Options
    Roddy doesn’t look or move like an athlete. We can’t go into the season with him at left back. 
    He looks like the work experience kid. I have no idea why we brought him into the setup. Not good defensively or on the ball.
  • Options
    Who’s this Davidson people keep mentioning, is he the new Atkins 😉.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    TS impressed, bad news for the pessimists, will be a sign that we won’t be bringing in any new players.
    The state of some of those replies. 
    Tbf I don't really see any bad replies? Just a few people being positive or asking can we sign a few players, no aggression or abuse..
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Bloody dozed off and missed that goal too. Shocking…
    #metoo.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Bloody dozed off and missed that goal too. Shocking…
    #metoo.
    Goal of the season.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    TS said more players to arrive .. recruitment team working hard 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He looks like the work experience kid. I have no idea why we brought him into the setup. Not good defensively or on the ball.
    He's part of the young exciting squad that we were supposed to be building. 
  • Options
    I agree with Thomas - it was a very encouraging performance. I especially liked the combination of Dobson, Clare and Morgan in midfield. Sure, we need to bring in another CB because of the potential injury risk to Innis and Famewo (young Deji is very promising but not ready yet), a creative AM and another striker but I can see some of the youngsters playing a big part this season. Clayden is impressive. I can easily see him playing wide attacking either from the start or as an impact sub. Ghandour also has something about him. 
  • Options
    Let’s hope Purrington’s injury is nothing serious or he might be dangerously close to the squad in two weeks time. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    TS said more players to arrive .. recruitment team working hard 
    Where did he say that or was that the wish list you just sent him? 
  • Options
    Hope we use some of the youngsters in the Pizza trophy games, will be good for them, and good for Nigel to have a look at them.
  • Options
    Who is Roddy? 
    Son of Ged Roddy Technical Director.
  • Options
    Morgan had a good game and Washington worked his bollocks off , but not a great deal of quality on show first half . Enjoyed second half with our youngsters upping the tempo .
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Roddy speaking to the physio about his back there at the end.
    I don’t think Ged should be using our physios for his problems, they need to focus on the players.
    I’m surprised he didn’t use the reading one