Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Impressed by Dobson and Clare, got stuck in but can play a bit

Didn't think Roddy was as bad as some are saying but don't expect him to be first choice or even 2nd.  He's just finished his A Levels.

Davison showed he has potential but championship centre halves aren't going to give him much.

A decent run out and a good result.

On to Fulham
    Hang about, I thought we forgot to get ourselves promoted last season!?
  • Options
    Thought our midfield 3 looked decent, that seems the most settled part of our squad, with hopefully Gilbey and Watson to get back soon, as we also have plenty of young options there as cover (Henry, Vennings, Dempsey)

So far, I think Famewo has struggled a bit. I've been more impressed with Pearce really
  • Options
    Currently at work with a Reading supporter. We have just sort of watched the highlights from this, now everyone's gone home and now there's just us here.

(868) Reading vs Charlton Athletic | Pre-season friendly - YouTube
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    TS impressed, bad news for the pessimists, will be a sign that we won’t be bringing in any new players.
    TS said more players to arrive .. recruitment team working hard 
    Who’s got the super douper phone?
  • Options
    Who is Roddy? 
    Son of Ged Roddy Technical Director.
    I just read that as Son of God!!
  • Options
    did lyle get any minutes
  • Options
    Missed the game as my cousin managed to swindle a lift to Canterbury out of me, but judging by this twitter clip Davison seems a bit faster than what I remember? Some sprint for a big lad 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy with today. 
    Clayden is some talent. No one looked awful (Roddy’s ok, just very young and inexperienced). 
    Dobson and Clare may turn out to be a solid midfield partnership. 
    Morgan was busy, those who made cameos showed promise. 
  • Options

Didn't think Roddy was as bad as some are saying but don't expect him to be first choice or even 2nd.  He's just finished his A Levels.

Davison showed he has potential but championship centre halves aren't going to give him much.

On to Fulham
    Craven Cottage is my second closest ground so I thought I’d cycle over there to watch this…go to have a Fulham ticket account to buy away tickets for a friendly on their website.
    TOO
    MUCH
    EFFORT
  • Options

On to Fulham
    Don't forget the small trip to Pal-arse Tuesday,  B)
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks Ghandour should have hit it with his left, due to the ball coming across him. 
    Probably and if he'd hit it with his left, you would probably be asking if he should have hit it with his right :smile:
    Not if you are able to soften the ball, control the pace of it and realter its angle very quickly to catch the goalie out. 

He managed to do exactly this. I feel like Steve Brown :-)
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Am I the only one who thinks Ghandour should have hit it with his left, due to the ball coming across him. 
    Probably and if he'd hit it with his left, you would probably be asking if he should have hit it with his right :smile:
    Not if you are able to soften the ball, control the pace of it and realter its angle very quickly to catch the goalie out. 

Don't let us down.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    mendonca said:

Why have you put some weight on and bought some clothes from the local charity shop 😉.
  • Options
    I'm accompanying some work associates on Tuesday to the Game, downside I have to sit in the Palace box, with 2 Palace fans, a few west ham, one man united fan and myself.

Great fun 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm accompanying some work associates on Tuesday to the Game, downside I have to sit in the Palace box, with 2 Palace fans, a few west ham, one man united fan and myself.

Great fun 
    That’s a 400 mile trip for the Mancunian………….. Oh hang on a minute Manure you say 😏.
  • Options
    just got off a train at Paddington and walked past Pete from Shaun of the dead and not a minute later Johnnie Jackson alongside Michael Morrison. Christ is that bloke good looking 
  • Options
    I don't know how seriously Reading were taking it, but overall I thought we were the better side. The standouts for me were McGillivray, Matthews, Dobson, Morgan and Washington. DJ looked decent too.
  • Options
    It was a PSF, I'm reading nothing into it beyond we played some nice stuff at times and some of the individual performances were encouraging.
    Work in progress and I will go so far as to say we won't struggle this season  :)
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    just got off a train at Paddington and walked past Pete from Shaun of the dead and not a minute later Johnnie Jackson alongside Michael Morrison. Christ is that bloke good looking 
    Are you trying to tell us Morro is coming back?
  • Options
    It was a PSF, I'm reading nothing into it beyond we played some nice stuff at times and some of the individual performances were encouraging.
    Work in progress and I will go so far as to say we won't struggle this season  :)
    Very good!
  • Options
    Nigel obviously couldn't be there today........any news on that?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    He was there

• Options
    He was there.
  • Options
    Sandgaard flying over to spend 2 weeks in UK, including the Sheffield Wednesday game. 

Is USA on the green list?