Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum Returns

Comments

• Options
    @killerjerrylee was there for Bromley Addicks.

The hand dryers in the ladies/women's toilets were discussed

Other minor points that Ian has feedback to members on were:

Cat 1 status application has gone in after some creative solutions found to the problem of not wanting to invest £££m on permanent buildings at a location owned by the Belgian lunatic.

Expect to appoint the new manager this week but may run over into next week as agents involved. 

Meanwhile
  • Options
    People should have patients. Also they should understand the idea of minutes of meetings and that they have to be agreed by those that attended to ensure that they represent what was said as accurately as possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

• Options
    Why would having to wait say 48 hours for the minutes make any difference. What was said will not change. Personal decisions are waiting on this news.
  • Options
    I don’t expect a detailed account straight away but I don’t see why a simple bullit point account shouldn’t be published almost immediately. Certainly within 48 hours. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    msomerton said:
    People should have patients. Also they should understand the idea of minutes of meetings and that they have to be agreed by those that attended to ensure that they represent what was said as accurately as possible.
    That is understandable but surely some news on the future management of the football side of the club could have been made available by the forum. It would have been easy for the group to decide on completion of the meeting that a statement could have been made by the attendees, for example
    1.  "the owner advised us that he and Jackson had agreed that Jackson will take over as manager and a detailed statement will be made during the week"
    or
    2."the owner advised us that discussions with Jackson were on going and it was hoped that a positive statement would be made in the next 10 days"

It'snot rocket science!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    If the FF was filmed and put online live then everyone could see this democracy in action. Can’t believe there is anything that’s such a secret. 
    Is it a secret? Or does the Chairperson want to make sure a true and accurate account of what was discussed has been minuted correctly.

Once published they become tablets of stone to be beaten over the head with at a future date. I should know I’ve taken and also approved enough of them to speak from experience.

Moreover there’s potentially 40,000 ( Wembley support May 2019) pairs of eyes to pick holes in the content should they feel inclined to 😉.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    RedChaser said:
    If the FF was filmed and put online live then everyone could see this democracy in action. Can’t believe there is anything that’s such a secret. 
    Is it a secret? Or does the Chairperson want to make sure a true and accurate account of what was discussed has been minuted correctly.

Once published they become tablets of stone to be beaten over the head with at a future date. I should know I’ve taken and also approved enough of them to speak from experience.

Moreover there’s potentially 40,000 ( Wembley support May 2019) pairs of eyes to pick holes in the content should they feel inclined to 😉.
    If they wanted to do that, a recording of the evening is the best way to provide a true and accurate account of what went on. It’s much more difficult to understand one's demeanour in print. 

I imagine it’s not recorded as the powers at be can’t afford any PR slips being immortalised on the internet.
  • Options
    I wasn’t implying that anyone was trying keep secrets. My post was more that an online meeting would open up the fans forum for any fan who was interested. After all, if it’s not for the fans what’s the point ?
    Ok fair enough but an online virtual format is a different debate altogether  because at the moment it’s fans representatives only and that’s down to the powers that be. If they want to open it up to a wider audience discussion then so be it.

I’m not convinced though that it would give you the answers you’d be looking for unless the owner was present and even then he could skirt around the issue ie negotiations regarding the new managerial appointment are ongoing 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    would it not be easier to just record the meeting and then put it on here or the official site ? just a suggestion - sorry, just read the last few posts but yes, makes 100% sense - total transparency 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I wasn’t implying that anyone was trying keep secrets. My post was more that an online meeting would open up the fans forum for any fan who was interested. After all, if it’s not for the fans what’s the point ?
    Ok fair enough but an online virtual format is a different debate altogether  because at the moment it’s fans representatives only and that’s down to the powers that be. If they want to open it up to a wider audience discussion then so be it.

I’m not convinced though that it would give you the answers you’d be looking for unless the owner was present and even then he could skirt around the issue ie negotiations regarding the new managerial appointment are ongoing 🤷‍♂️.
    Having it broadcast doesn’t mean it’s opened up to everyone for discussion. By all means keep the fans representatives as spokes people. Just let everyone that wants to see the discussion have access. Even court room trials are open to viewers.
  • Options
    Of the attendees, and I presume members of the trust attend, I would suggest that the trust representative is the person whose provenance is the least murky of all those attending.
    Razil is honest enough to say that a 'representative' from City Addicks does not attend because City Addicks is no more. To what extent attendees harvest the views of those they're said to represent remains somewhat of a mystery.
    On the other hand the trust board is openly elected according to a transparent constitution, and a trust attendee is not going to be representative of a one man or woman band.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    RedChaser said:

Having it broadcast doesn’t mean it’s opened up to everyone for discussion. By all means keep the fans representatives as spokes people. Just let everyone that wants to see the discussion have access. Even court room trials are open to viewers.
    Not on TV or Zoom their not.

And "democracy"

That is really OTT.

When the minutes do come out many will moan about the mundane nature of many items, ignoring the fact that that is what the FF is for.

The answers to the JJ questions will not placate those wanting confirmation that JJ has the job because if that was the case it would be on the OS.
    Hold your horses Henry. Well perhaps if you’re not happy with zoom or similar then we could have the FF in The Albert Hall. Perhaps democracy was OTT but in this age of technology surely having something like this on view opens up all sorts of possibilities for fans to feel included. As for people moaning then so what. People moan about anything. Your not adverse to a moan yourself. At the end of the day it’s a third tier football club meeting for fans with club representatives. Why the hush hush. Before you moan that if I wanted to be involved I should step forward. I have nothing but gratitude for those who do attend. I just don’t see why it’s all so precious.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

And "democracy"

That is really OTT.

When the minutes do come out many will moan about the mundane nature of many items, ignoring the fact that that is what the FF is for.

The answers to the JJ questions will not placate those wanting confirmation that JJ has the job because if that was the case it would be on the OS.
    Hold your horses Henry. Well perhaps if you’re not happy with zoom or similar then we could have the FF in The Albert Hall. Perhaps democracy was OTT but in this age of technology surely having something like this on view opens up all sorts of possibilities for fans to feel included. As for people moaning then so what. People moan about anything. Your not adverse to a moan yourself. At the end of the day it’s a third tier football club meeting for fans with club representatives. Why the hush hush. Before you moan that if I wanted to be involved I should step forward. I have nothing but gratitude for those who do attend. I just don’t see why it’s all so precious.
    spot on - zero reason for it not to be recorded and made public 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    RedChaser said:

And "democracy"

That is really OTT.

Gawd, it's not me being precious.

You've compared the FD to courts of law, as a delay somehow being a limit on democracy and all because you've had to wait for the answer to a question you already have.

Personally, I have no problem with a broadcast meeting but I'm not on or organising the FF but if the JJ question wasn't being asked  would there really be all this bed wetting? Do you really want a broadcast about hand dryers and turnstiles?

Would it be great if Lucy and the club turned around the minutes sooner? Yes, IMHO but they have other full time jobs.

I repeat, you are not going to read the answer you want regarding JJ in the minutes, you and many others are only going to complain that it wasn't the answer you wanted.

I repeat. TS hoped to appoint last week, it didn't happen so they hope it will be this coming week. 

The news of the appointment may even come before the minutes.

WIOTOS

• Options
    shirty5 said:

I can think of one person who applied for the job who would have been quicker to respond to fans questions.
    More suitable as well.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    It is very surprising that the fans advisor does not have a specific fans advisor account on here being the biggest CAFC forum. Just a simple way of giving updates and another replacement for supporters ro get in contact with her via the inbox option, very similar to what the supporters trust have in place on here
    K....I reckon there is at least one poster here who has an immediate link to the lady.
  • Options
    Would much rather read about an appointment right now than minutes of a meeting. Having got the t-shirt both voluntarily and professionally, can totally appreciate how people want to know ASAP what is going on and still get it to this day (and the bloke that asked me within 5 minutes of toasting my Dad's passing last night for an AFC ticket isn't getting one). However, think it's fair to say that we all love our club, do want to know every detail and especially during the last 18 months or so it's something that has going. So for now, the potholes in the car park are not a big issue, people have lives outside of Cafc and are not public property. Admittedly once you've put your head above the parapet etc., but let's put a bit of perspective in here. Although I am a bit envious of Lucy, there is no chance she'll get thumped in the Oak or at Bolton for the team's performance. Got that t-shirt.