Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum Returns

Comments

• Options
    Got to love and applaud Christine Lawrie.  Always straight to the point with her questioning. Keep taking no prisoners Christine.
  • Options
    😆
  • Options
    UNMASKED!!

Keohane is @Gribbo !!

That’s unfair @Gribbo would deal with the issue and take responsibility for his decision and not blame @Dazzler21 if it went tits up. 😉
  • Options
    Can’t believe so much time was spent on the renaming of the female team.
  • Options
    I agree, especially when the Bovril issue goes unresolved
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Owner insists on pushing through bizarre change against the wishes of:

Players
    Club employees 
    Supporters Trust
    Fan Advisor
    Fans' Forum
    Community Trust
    60% of fans who voted on recent Twitter poll

and totally against the trend in women's football world-wide.

Worth a few minutes discussion don't you think ?

I think we’re really lucky that Thomas came along when he did. But that does certainly *not* mean that he’s perfect. 
    Red Red Robin is hugely important to me for personal reasons, so I was upset when his song replaced it, but very pleased when he saw sense. I’ve a feeling the the he’s digging his heels in over the women’s/ladies team issue because he doesn’t want to look weak. Such a shame, and so unnecessary. 
  • Options
    Worth a few minutes discussion indeed.

I look forward to these compelling numbers greater participation in the growth and development of Charltons Women’s Professional Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ^^ this.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    You can’t believe so much time was spent discussing the women’s team because it’s something you don’t care about but quite a few others do. That annoys you, oh well. 

Sounds like HA gave it a good shot, He may not change it but at least it was raised in some detail.  We are lucky to have such successful women like HA and H Mac speaking up. 

True B that I don't care about it but obviously others do and it's of greater importance to them and that's fine and it doesn't annoy me at all. It's just that I think a disproportionate amount of time was spent on the issue. My opinion. Others may disagree and that's fine. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Womens' football is being pushed massively atm but my personal opinion is it will fizzle back into the shadows after a few years - main reason being that most women don't watch football and most men aren't interested in women's football and would sooner watch mens football. Not relevant to what the team is called i suppose but i'd say 99% of our fans aren't intesrested in the women's / ladies team but far more than 1% of the meeting appear to have been given to it -  a hot topic maybe but not to most.  
    Thought it was 2% 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    You can’t believe so much time was spent discussing the women’s team because it’s something you don’t care about but quite a few others do. That annoys you, oh well. 

Sounds like HA gave it a good shot, He may not change it but at least it was raised in some detail.  We are lucky to have such successful women like HA and H Mac speaking up. 

True B that I don't care about it but obviously others do and it's of greater importance to them and that's fine and it doesn't annoy me at all. It's just that I think a disproportionate amount of time was spent on the issue. My opinion. Others may disagree and that's fine. 

The museum storage is of great interest (to me) and so should have been the top item on the agenda (IMHO) but some people wanted to talk about minor issues like who the manager is or the academy.

It's almost as if some fans can be interested and have an opinion on more than one Charlton related topic at the same time and realise that the amount of discussion isn't automatically proportionate to their significance. Weirdos!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

The museum storage is of great interest (to me) and so should have been the top item on the agenda (IMHO) but some people wanted to talk about minor issues like who the manager is or the academy.

It's almost as if some fans can be interested and have an opinion on more than one Charlton related topic at the same time and realise that the amount of discussion isn't automatically proportionate to their significance. Weirdos!
    Uniquo’s! Surely?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    substitutions and signings aren't relevant at all - where we were at with the managerial situation, the coaching staff, the academy, the fill the valley strategy and execution, the lack of a CEO, the january transfer window, catering / bars are all much more relevant to 99% of our fans - peronally, i think the womens team should be subject to a seperate forum but don't really care tbh and i applaud those who take the time to get involved in these things. 
  • Options
    a good chairman (and i'm not having a pop at the current one), keeps the amount of time spent on each topic, relevant and proportional  
  • Options
    Or Perhaps they should get someone to time each subject and shout stop after 10 mins discussion.  Every subject gets the same equal time them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Or Perhaps they should get someone to time each subject and shout stop after 10 mins discussion.  Every subject gets the same equal time them. 
    Agree

Not necessarily the same amount of time for each but a good chair should allocate an amount of time to each item so they can move things along and so that other important items further down the agenda aren't rushed or not covered.   The museum storage only needs a few minutes, if that.  The academy and the women's team a bit more.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Excellent report and nice to see that the FF is doing such a good job. Well done folks.
    Good point. Worth the wait.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that a large number of issues relevant to the supporter experience were raised with the owner present and commenting.

The write up was late to arrive but is comprehensive.

It would have been difficult to reflect the nuance of what was said in a series of bullet points issued immediately after the meeting. Doing that would only have led to people demanding further clarification. 
  • Options
    Interesting that Keohane when talking about the new turnstiles when installed were not completed.  Did anyone ask on the Forum what his role in the installation of them was at the time seeing as he was in the same role back then?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Womens' football is being pushed massively atm but my personal opinion is it will fizzle back into the shadows after a few years - main reason being that most women don't watch football and most men aren't interested in women's football and would sooner watch mens football. Not relevant to what the team is called i suppose but i'd say 99% of our fans aren't intesrested in the women's / ladies team but far more than 1% of the meeting appear to have been given to it -  a hot topic maybe but not to most.  
    they used to say the same about women’s tennis. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    they used to say the same about women’s tennis. 
    fair enough - we shall see 
  • Options
    I wonder if womens' increased involvement in the mens' game (attendance, media, reffing etc) will boost the womens' game or ironically stall it's progress.  Hopefully the former but could women with passion for football drawn to the established men's game and all that comes with it cause a "brain drain" away from the non playing side of the womens game.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    But just because a topic is 'less important' doesn't mean it's not complicated. So it can take time to work through.

Isn't it more natural that all topics should be spoken about until a conclusion is reached or it's deemed that it's not possible to reach one. And having read through the full notes, it seems to me that's what happened in the meeting.
  • Options
    Half of the fan representatives at the forum were women - they do love a committee do women - my wife is a serial committee person - bit of a busy body - aiming to be mayoress of sidcup i reckon  
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I think we need a fans forum group who can meet regularly to decide on what topics to focus on on the actual fans forum. Basically the Fans Forum Fan Forum. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think we need a fans forum group who can meet regularly to decide on what topics to focus on on the actual fans forum. 
    lets keep it under review - i have faith they will learn