Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum Returns

Comments

• Options
    Woooahhhh.

Listen lads, we've all had a drink .....
  • Options
    Indeed - now there were many puddles outside the Covered End post match yesterday. Where do I complain? 😊
  • Options
    Sorry to read that this topic has got so heated. 

Leaving aside the managerial position, I really would find it of interest to watch or listen to a recording of the meeting if it were possible in future. Even the so called mundane stuff like minor ground improvements, hand dryers not working in toilets etc.  It all matters to us because we love the club.  I know that southend utd have a similar forum with their owner or CEO in attendance on zoom as I've seen them on you tube. 

Im sure I'm just one of many fans that really appreciate those that give up their time to attend and write up the minutes. So thanks guys and I look forwards to reading them in due course.

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad, Ian.

RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Thanks Ben, he's been gone a while, we were just toasting the date and time but cheers for the kind thoughts all the same mate. 
  • Options
    Just wonder, yes just wonder if the FF was broadcast live or recorded, it may inhibit some (less vocal) attendees from contributing, or encourage those who love to have their voices heard from dominating the meeting.
    Just wonder. 
  • Options
    Just wonder, yes just wonder if the FF was broadcast live or recorded, it may inhibit some (less vocal) attendees from contributing, or encourage those who love to have their voices heard from dominating the meeting.
    Just wonder. 
    The first part was actually a comment from the last time they tried it under Katrien
  • Options

The club’s Fans’ Forum met on Thursday with Owner, Thomas Sandgaard, in attendance.

The meeting was chaired by the club’s Fan Adviser, Lucy Bishop, with each of the club’s supporters’ groups invited to be represented by one member.

The full notes will be available to read during the week and the key points are below:

-       When asked to make Johnnie Jackson the club’s permanent manager, Sandgaard explained that he is talking to Johnnie and his attorneys/agents about the role. He was asked if he had spoken to other managers and said he had. He said, at Thursday's meeting, he had hoped the club would be able to announce something this week but maybe time was running out for that. He said, if everything goes well there should be an announcement in short order. He said he was doing the negotiating and there was no-one else involved

-       There was a discussion, which will be reflected in the notes, about the change of the name of Charlton Women’s team to Charlton Ladies team. Sandgaard confirmed the decision to change the name was made six months ago and wouldn’t be changed. There was praise from supporters for Sandgaard for turning the team professional, investing in training facilities and implementing a one-club approach but there was criticism from supporters about the name change, who felt, amongst other things, it was an unnecessary own goal. It was agreed that the Fan Adviser would facilitate further discussion. Sandgaard confirmed that he is always willing to listen and learn from people’s opinions

-       When asked about plans for the club becoming a Category One academy, Sandgaard explained it was something the club was working towards and formed part of the club’s long-term strategy

-       When asked to delay the playing of music at full time after a win at The Valley, Sandgaard confirmed that going forwards the music would be delayed at full time. The club will experiment with different length delays before settling on a final decision but he said everyone understands the need to have that authentic fan/player connection at full time after a victory

-       The club answered further questions on CharltonTV, ticketing, marketing and stadium issues

The full notes will be available to read during the week. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    so he's keeping the controversial name of "Ladies".
    He is considering investing in the academy but holding off for now.
    He's been interviewing people for the position of manager and hopefully someone will be able to come in and take the helm.

Good news is that he is likely to hold of playing Addicks to Victory straight after full time at the valley. 
  • Options
    I’m surprIsed that nobody, especially @seth plum has recalled that a Fans Forum has in the past been video- recorded for general release, and what a meeting it was. It was Meire’s idea, and she led the meeting with one of her epic Powerpoint prezzers. It also featured JJ, silent throughout and looking like he’d rather be turning out for the reserves in a howling gale at Northampton. 

I am very glad it was recorded, and there were some stellar performances - from within the audience. Not unreasonably, those with longer memories in the club might not think it set a good precedent for more “normal” times
    Keohane was definitely at that event having just joined Charlton. I absolutely remember speaking to him.
    Sadly two of the stellar people at that event, Craig Norris and Steve Clarke are no longer with us, gone way too soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I’m surprIsed that nobody, especially @seth plum has recalled that a Fans Forum has in the past been video- recorded for general release, and what a meeting it was. It was Meire’s idea, and she led the meeting with one of her epic Powerpoint prezzers. It also featured JJ, silent throughout and looking like he’d rather be turning out for the reserves in a howling gale at Northampton. 

I am very glad it was recorded, and there were some stellar performances - from within the audience. Not unreasonably, those with longer memories in the club might not think it set a good precedent for more “normal” times
    That wasn’t a regular meeting although the FF were part of it. However, a different FF meeting was recorded and made available in the past.

To be honest, I’m not sure it’s fair on the staff to expose them to scrutiny to that extent. It’s a different matter at the most senior level.

Of course a recording has the advantage that the club can’t insist on publishing a false or misleading account after the event.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    It was agreed that the Fan Adviser would facilitate further discussion. Sandgaard confirmed that he is always willing to listen and learn from people’s opinions. Sandgaard confirmed the decision to change the name was made six months ago and wouldn’t be reversed.

To be further discussion,  TS willing to listen but wont be reversed.

Why the further discussion then?
  • Options
    It was agreed that the Fan Adviser would facilitate further discussion. Sandgaard confirmed that he is always willing to listen and learn from people’s opinions

I read that as that the women's team matter isn't done yet.

He's listened re the music after the game, JJ is pretty close to being done and Cat 1 status is in the pipeline as previously mentioned he's looking to invest without lining Roland's pocket.

Seems pretty good to me.

• Options
    It was agreed that the Fan Adviser would facilitate further discussion. Sandgaard confirmed that he is always willing to listen and learn from people’s opinions

I read that as that the women's team matter isn't done yet.

He's listened re the music after the game, JJ is pretty close to being done and Cat 1 status is in the pipeline as previously mentioned he's looking to invest without lining Roland's pocket.

Seems pretty good to me.

Sandgaard confirmed the decision to change the name was made six months ago and wouldn’t be reversed.
  • Options
    The strong stance on the women's team name change from TS is a weird one. I cannot think of any benefit to changing it and it seems to have caused a lot of bad noise.

Very strange one that.

Maybe the minutes will add more?

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks its a useful way to rebrand / relaunch (his prerogative) and as he doesn't find the term offensive and nor (apparently) did those involved 6 months ago he sees no compelling reason to change it now?

I assume he is just saying 'never say never' but for now its not something he feels inclined to reverse /accommodate the practicalities of reversing it (even if there are few).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The strong stance on the women's team name change from TS is a weird one. I cannot think of any benefit to changing it and it seems to have caused a lot of bad noise.

Very strange one that.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks its a useful way to rebrand / relaunch (his prerogative) and as he doesn't find the term offensive and nor (apparently) did those involved 6 months ago he sees no compelling reason to change it now?

I assume he is just saying 'never say never' but for now its not something he feels inclined to reverse /accommodate the practicalities of reversing it (even if there are few).

Well then it's a pity that nobody was apparently there who actually really understands what  a "brand" is. TBF I reckon at least 80% of those who chuck the word around nowadays, don't really. 
  • Options

Very strange one that.

If the decision was made six months ago, why weren’t the FA informed, why wasn’t the company name changed and why has the club itself continued to use “women” until now? Was it a decision in the close season to change the name in the middle of the season and what would be the sense of that?
    Agree,  the six months ago reasoning doesn't really hold water and neither does the name change itself
  • Options

Very strange one that.

Well then it's a pity that nobody was apparently there who actually really understands what  a "brand" is. TBF I reckon at least 80% of those who chuck the word around nowadays, don't really. 
    A mark for identifying ownership of cattle or other livestock
    I really hope that Thomas does not think of the women's team as such....
  • Options

Very strange one that.

I did say maybe and to await the minutes in case it tells us more!
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Very strange one that.

If the decision was made six months ago, why weren’t the FA informed, why wasn’t the company name changed and why has the club itself continued to use “women” until now? Was it a decision in the close season to change the name in the middle of the season and what would be the sense of that?
    I can only assume it means he decided in the last 6 months but didn’t act on it yet  / until more recently for the matters you suggest will need to happen ?

My point was maybe the minutes might add some more flavour   Maybe they won’t. Maybe those in attendance can describe the conversation more?
  • Options

Very strange one that.

I can only assume it means he decided in the last 6 months but didn’t act on it yet  / until more recently for the matters you suggest will need to happen ?

My point was maybe the minutes might add some more flavour   Maybe they won’t. Maybe those in attendance can describe the conversation more?
    If only there was some possible way that everyone that cared could actually look in and see what was said and be able see the subtlety and nuances of the actual people rather than just rely on a set of “agreed” dry old minutes. One day they’ll find a way I’m sure.

😉
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

The club’s Fans’ Forum met on Thursday with Owner, Thomas Sandgaard, in attendance.

The meeting was chaired by the club’s Fan Adviser, Lucy Bishop, with each of the club’s supporters’ groups invited to be represented by one member.

The full notes will be available to read during the week and the key points are below:

-       When asked to make Johnnie Jackson the club’s permanent manager, Sandgaard explained that he is talking to Johnnie and his attorneys/agents about the role. He was asked if he had spoken to other managers and said he had. He said, at Thursday's meeting, he had hoped the club would be able to announce something this week but maybe time was running out for that. He said, if everything goes well there should be an announcement in short order. He said he was doing the negotiating and there was no-one else involved

-       

-       When asked to delay the playing of music at full time after a win at The Valley, Sandgaard confirmed that going forwards the music would be delayed at full time. The club will experiment with different length delays before settling on a final decision but he said everyone understands the need to have that authentic fan/player connection at full time after a victory

-      

We all know of the bloke (name escapes me) who went to Villa with gerrard, would love to know who else he spoke to.

No music until after the tunnel jump & that "Addicks to victory" nonsense not to be played until 6pm  :D