Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Chef Wendy | Sat 7th Aug | 5:30PM KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I don't think Aneke would have been the answer either, so not devastated that he has gone.  I think the addition of a couple of strong wingers would have seen Stockley and Washington score plenty.
  • Options
    You might miss him a bit more if we are chasing to game on Saturday and need to make an offensive change.
  • Options
    Anyone listen to the 'Not The Top 20' podcast?

They're pretty scathing about Wednesday's recruitment this year. Very underwhelming signing of players on the way down in their careers. They singled out Lewis Wing, a lad they've got in from Boro, who is particularly disappointing.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    In the last two seasons, Clare has played 37 times for Oxford and Burton scoring one goal. Morgan has made 50 appearances in the league scoring 1 goal. In the last three seasons, Dobson has played 118 games for Wallsall, Sunderland and Wimbledon and has scored 2 goals. Decent players, but I think a couple of them are going to have to up this rate significantly.

We have lost JFK's goals and Shinnie got 3 in 29 for us. Whilst it isn't brilliant, it compares favourably to the goals we currently have in midfield. If I was an opposing manager, I would prioritise stopping Stockley. For me, Morgan is going to be a massive player for us, one way or the other. Is it his time or will there never be his time?
  • Options
    You might miss him a bit more if we are chasing to game on Saturday and need to make an offensive change.
    Yeh I might.  Or I might be glad to see Davidson come on.
  • Options
    When Davison starts banging them in regularly, I too will become excited. Lot's of hope required and let's hope it comes off.
  • Options
    I'm normally positive at the beginning of the season to annoying levels...... but can only se us getting tonked.
  • Options
    I think the positive is that a lot of us will be far easier to impress if we are half decent on Saturday. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    When Davison starts banging them in regularly, I too will become excited. Lot's of hope required and let's hope it comes off.
    I'll second that.  At this point I'd buy you a pint if we were in person.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We will see what's what on Saturday. I will say one thing. Sandgaard ought to really debut his song as music to play at the end of a game when we win. It will sound a lot better then I suspect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On hols in Greece, not available on Charlton TV and reliable websites don't show it as on TV here so any moody streams appreciated. 
  • Options
    2:0 to send us on a legendary winning run.
    Hang on a minute While I'm looking upstairs to see who's in our team these days...

Ah... yeah....

Innis and Washington with the goals. I'm on the way to out of range Exmouth WA so I'll say it now:
    LEEEEEAAAAABBBBUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN

COYR
  • Options
    2:0 to send us on a legendary winning run.
    Hang on a minute While I'm looking upstairs to see who's in our team these days...

Ah... yeah....

Innis and Washington with the goals. I'm on the way to out of range Exmouth WA so I'll say it now:
    LEEEEEAAAAABBBBUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN

COYR
    Amazing place, enjoy! 
  • Options
    I don't care how we win, I just want us to beat these pricks so badly. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    One more sleep, I'm absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. 
  • Options
    On hols in Greece, not available on Charlton TV and reliable websites don't show it as on TV here so any moody streams appreciated. 
    it's on sky mate - every bar in town will have it on
  • Options
    3% automatics
    60% play offs
    37%  7th-12th

100% shithouse division 
  • Options
    Same time as Man City Leicester, doubt we’ll be the game of choice in a bar in Greece.
  • Options
    Same time as Man City Leicester, doubt we’ll be the game of choice in a bar in Greece.
    Must be the Charlton game being shown surely, I mean Charlie Wright was better than Yashin and Matt Tees better than Eusebio for the all conquering Addicks. Man Citeh are just Johnny come latelys! 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Must be the Charlton game being shown surely, I mean Charlie Wright was better than Yashin and Matt Tees better than Eusebio for the all conquering Addicks. Man Citeh are just Johnny come latelys! 😉
    ‘Arry was better tha Eusebio…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-1 win to set The Valley bouncing for a feelgood start to another season in the third division. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    RedChaser said:
    You must have been on the East Terrace where there weren’t any acoustics definitely Matt Tees sung by the section of the Cupboard end choir I was in. Tees was an out and out  striker just like Eusebio 😉, Gregory was an inside forward akin to a CAM these days.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    You must have been on the East Terrace where there weren’t any acoustics definitely Matt Tees sung by the section of the Cupboard end choir I was in. Tees was an out and out  striker just like Eusebio 😉, Gregory was an inside forward akin to a CAM these days.
    We stood in the middle of the covered end (when we weren’t walking around the ground with everybody else to stand behind the goal we were kicking towards) and it was definitely Harry Gregory’s name in the song
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    We stood in the middle of the covered end (when we weren’t walking around the ground with everybody else to stand behind the goal we were kicking towards) and it was definitely Harry Gregory’s name in the song
    Nope not having that unless @SoundAsa£ tells me otherwise even then I know what I was singing with those around me like it was yesterday 😉.
  • Options
    This match has the feel of ‘Operation Massive’. There’s been a big build up. Thomas has released his record, there’s a programme of events, it’s live on SKY, we’re short in a couple of positions .. This Charlton and it’s a nailed on defeat 🙄
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    I remember it being Saunders
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Southbank said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    I remember it being Saunders
    Anyone for Ray Treacy 😁

ps you need to get that echo sorted mate 😉
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Nigel Adkins has a neat bow towards the shipping forecast, something that resonates with his sun is shining mantra, he expects rain too.
    Watch out Thomasz Schafernacker, Nigel is about, lets hope we score early though and it's a fastnet.
    Be nice to see the Sheffield Wednesday keeper have to Fisher out a Forth, we will then all have a good Tyne, but must remember to remain Humber.
    Good to see you back, Seth! @seth plum

Let's hope Sheff Weds get Rockall tomorrow.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    0-2. Angry fans raid the boardroom after the match.

Only joking fellas...I do think it will be a tough game though. Fully expect Sheff Weds to be top 6. They've brought in an impressive amount & calibre of new players for a club under an embargo.

Real prediction 1-1.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    In the last two seasons, Clare has played 37 times for Oxford and Burton scoring one goal. Morgan has made 50 appearances in the league scoring 1 goal. In the last three seasons, Dobson has played 118 games for Wallsall, Sunderland and Wimbledon and has scored 2 goals. Decent players, but I think a couple of them are going to have to up this rate significantly.

We have lost JFK's goals and Shinnie got 3 in 29 for us. Whilst it isn't brilliant, it compares favourably to the goals we currently have in midfield. If I was an opposing manager, I would prioritise stopping Stockley. For me, Morgan is going to be a massive player for us, one way or the other. Is it his time or will there never be his time?
    To show that the past is no guarantee of the future, there's the Johnnie Jackson example.

Before he signed for Charlton permanently in 2010, he'd managed to score just 19 goals in more than 200 League appearances,
    including 13 goals in 107 appearances in a 3 year spell at Colchester, up to then his best return.

Yet he managed 51 goals in 243 appearances at Charlton, some seasons getting into double figures.

Depending on the role they play and how the team is set up, why shouldn't someone like Clare get a decent tally from midfield.
    Maybe DJ too. And if Morgan establishes himself in the 1st team, no reason why he can't pick up half a dozen, like JFC did last season.

And there may even yet be a new signing that adds to the midfield tally.