Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Chef Wendy | Sat 7th Aug | 5:30PM KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    All the best to you all getting back to a game, obviously I hope it ends fruitless but after that best of luck for the season. 
    We're both back where we were about 10 years ago and possibly we're both even more shite.
    Never mind I was never in it for the glory.
    Was fun in the end. I'd take a repeat 
  • Options
    Finbar Saunders?
  • Options
    Heavy heavy rain over night that’s continuing now. Forecast is pure rain until 6pm, we couldn’t be in danger of this being called off could we ...?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Heavy heavy rain over night that’s continuing now. Forecast is pure rain until 6pm, we couldn’t be in danger of this being called off could we ...?
    Possible I spose. Lashing down in Mottingham right now.
  • Options
    Ket timings new
  • Options
    6pm
  • Options
    Might need a pitch inspection!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Possible I spose. Lashing down in Mottingham right now.
    It's supposed to stop raining around 1pm if Met Office is to be believed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im in Charlton and the rain is torrential - roads are getting flooded. Can see it being postponed.
  • Options
    Gutted that the weather is going to ruin this. Can’t see how this goes ahead, unless the pitch is covered?
  • Options
    Lets hope the later KO gives the area to clear up as forecast is better from lunchtime onwards 
  • Options
    Lets hope the later KO gives the area to clear up as forecast is better from lunchtime onwards 
    Raining again from 3-6pm 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Raining again from 3-6pm 

might have to turn the sprinklers on at half time in that case
  • Options
    Hopefully the pitch drainage works okay. Weather forecast said light showers.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    There’s 9&1/2 hours to kick off and the forecasts I’ve seen are for light rain showers which eases off at 16.00 🤷‍♂️. If you’ve had  persistent heavy rain all night then a pitch inspection is probably necessary lunchtime to save the away fans having to make the journey. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.
  • Options
    Rain absolutely hammering down again 
  • Options

Weird how different the BBC forecast is

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Light rain from 1pm ain’t too bad. Just hope it isn’t too late by then. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I've always found Met Office to be more reliable than the BBC
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Let’s hope you’re right, would be devastating if the match was called off. 
  • Options

"Pre-season has been a great opportunity for the young players from the Under-23s and Under-18s," he added. 

“They've got a fantastic opportunity to make up the first-team squad. 

So, there you have it - straight from Nads. 

Our promotion challenge is going to be fought with youth players, not with great signings. 

• Options

"Pre-season has been a great opportunity for the young players from the Under-23s and Under-18s," he added. 

“They've got a fantastic opportunity to make up the first-team squad. 

So, there you have it - straight from Nads. 

Our promotion challenge is going to be fought with youth players, not with great signings. 

What do you expect him to say? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Let’s hope you’re right, would be devastating if the match was called off. 
    It will absolutely suck, and feels like a typical thing that always befells us Charlton fans.

But then again if it gives a chance to get a another couple of bodies through the door before we start then I guess it's not all bad. 
  • Options
    Enthusiasm for the new season and trust in NA just about outweighing disappointment at lack of signings. Hopefully the lucky socks can swing three points our way.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The Beeb used to get its weather info from the Met office….
     On 6 February 2018, BBC Weather changed supplier from the government Met Office to MeteoGroup, after being required to put its weather services out to tender. Previously, the government Met Office had been the provider of weather information for 94 years.’