Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    He played under five different managers. That's five opportunities for a fresh start and five failures. I don't think he can feel hard done by. I quite liked him going forwards and he had nice technique, but can't have any time for players putting in a token effort. 
    So you think he’s deliberately scuttled his own career by putting in a token effort, so that he can play at a lower level for less money? I can’t get my head around why he’d do that. It doesn’t make sense. 
    Chunes said nothing of the sort in the passage you have quoted.
    Apart from ‘can't have any time for players putting in a token effort.’ It’s literally in the passage I quoted. 
    It’s why he’d only put in a token effort that I don’t understand, as it could scuttle his career. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    He played under five different managers. That's five opportunities for a fresh start and five failures. I don't think he can feel hard done by. I quite liked him going forwards and he had nice technique, but can't have any time for players putting in a token effort. 
    So you think he’s deliberately scuttled his own career by putting in a token effort, so that he can play at a lower level for less money? I can’t get my head around why he’d do that. It doesn’t make sense. 
    Apart from ‘can't have any time for players putting in a token effort.’ It’s literally in the passage I quoted. 
    It’s why he’d only put in a token effort that I don’t understand, as it could scuttle his career. 
    Obviously I was referring to you saying "So you think he’s deliberately scuttled his own career, so that he can play at a lower level for less money? I can’t get my head around why he’d do that. It doesn’t make sense."

Some might suggest that he has issues that are holding him back.
    But I for one wouldn't dare suggest it in case the self righteous pile on resumes  :)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    Obviously I was referring to you saying "So you think he’s deliberately scuttled his own career, so that he can play at a lower level for less money? I can’t get my head around why he’d do that. It doesn’t make sense."

Some might suggest that he has issues that are holding him back.
    But I for one wouldn't dare suggest it in case the self righteous pile on resumes  :)
    Oh I see. Perhaps he just had that one very good season at Crewe where he combined well with their full back. 
    I think he’s probably the most disappointing signing since I’ve been going regularly. Proper scouting should have revealed he is a very limited player.
  • Options
    Glad he's gone and hope he can pull himself together to continue his career somewhere else. But I'm going to be less magnanimous if he signs for a rival and comes back and rips us a new one someday.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !
    Kirk was a light weight the whole time he was here. 

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go down injured with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it? Good work would be being able to shift him onto someone else for free in the window. 

Paying him off is basically a last resort play that anyone could do. 
    Pretty sure he was offered to anyone and everyone last window with obvious little to no interest. Do we even know he was paid off?
    No, he waived all contractual payments and happily walked away with nothing.
    Okay mate, you obviously know for a fact that this was all initiated by the Club. I was just keeping an open mind that the player might've wanted away and come to a mutual agreement with the Club that he walks away from his commitment, for no or minimal compensation. NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE, JUST ASKING THE QUESTION.

Keep forgetting that the general MO of most on this forum is to c**t the Club's management off at every available opportunity.
    Nobody was c**nting the Club off. I think they have done the right thing, nobody even wanted him on loan in the summer so we were not going to get a fee and if he wasn’t going to play then it’s best we get shot of him whatever way we can. These things happen and although it was ‘mutual consent’ he wouldn’t have left without a sizeable pay off. He’s not going to get anywhere near what he was on with us elsewhere. 
  • Options
    Very poor player but he was also playing in a poor club at the moment. . It’s the lack of effort & commitment I can’t get my head around. Most bad players at least try but he never had it in him. Never seen him do anything apart from moan and blame others. Good riddance. But I’m sure we will buy Kirk No 2 in the transfer window. God help us. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Melrose said:
    There's a very simple reason he failed at Charlton and wasn't wanted anywhere else. HE IS A VERY POOR FOOTBALLER. No pace, no strength, can't beat a player, can't cover back, can't tackle, can't head a ball........... The only mysteries to me are how the hell he did well at Crewe, and who the f---k scouted him and thought he was remotely any good. 
    Always thought from the youtube video of his goals at Crewe, that he didn't look that impressive at all.
    He always looked mediocre & lightweight on his you tube videos, even ajose & Ronnie Schwartz looked great on their video clips
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Glad he's gone and hope he can pull himself together to continue his career somewhere else. But I'm going to be less magnanimous if he signs for a rival and comes back and rips us a new one someday.
    Not very likely though, even with our defence  :D
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    There's a very simple reason he failed at Charlton and wasn't wanted anywhere else. HE IS A VERY POOR FOOTBALLER. No pace, no strength, can't beat a player, can't cover back, can't tackle, can't head a ball........... The only mysteries to me are how the hell he did well at Crewe, and who the f---k scouted him and thought he was remotely any good. 
    This is my view.

When he started for us I was patient with him, I waited for him to turn a full back inside out, take a game by storm, put in a shift - I mean, he came with quite a reputation.  As time went by it was evident none of this would happen - he didn't really show any interest in making it happen either. 

To rekindle his career he has to somehow find / refind these missing skills - skills that have been AWOL for the two and a half years he's been with us. I can't see it happening.  But, if it should happen - I'd be pretty angry with him - cos he's made Charlton look a right Charlie ... Kirk.    
  • Options
    Him staying at Charlton wasn't any good for either him or us. He needs to start at another club, I would suggest at a lower level, to try and re-kindle his career. We need to stop wasting money and free up a space on the players list. I've no idea who initiated his departure, or who has conceded what to make it happen, but I am convinced it is the best thing for for parties. I'm not angry with him but very disappointed. I wish him well because it seems like the decent human thing to do, but I can't say I'll be following he's career at all.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love reading the first pages of these types of thread.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !
    Kirk was a light weight the whole time he was here. 

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go down injured with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it? Good work would be being able to shift him onto someone else for free in the window. 

Paying him off is basically a last resort play that anyone could do. 
    Pretty sure he was offered to anyone and everyone last window with obvious little to no interest. Do we even know he was paid off?
    No, he waived all contractual payments and happily walked away with nothing.
    Okay mate, you obviously know for a fact that this was all initiated by the Club. I was just keeping an open mind that the player might've wanted away and come to a mutual agreement with the Club that he walks away from his commitment, for no or minimal compensation. NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE, JUST ASKING THE QUESTION.

Keep forgetting that the general MO of most on this forum is to c**t the Club's management off at every available opportunity.
    U ok hun?
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. There's clearly talent there despite what some might say. But he showed it in flashes for us and looked a liability a fair amount 

Worth noting that this time two years ago he was playing in the Championship. And that this summer there were no offers for him. 

It'll be interesting to see where he goes and what he does next. But hopefully he settles better there than he did in Charlton. 
  • Options
    The  only game I can remember him making any significant contribution was his brace against weekend opponents Burton.
    Thats a lot of mediocre / poor games on his CV.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Not seen anyone as ineffective on the wing since watching @Dazzler21 and @NathanPrior in fecking plimsolls for CharltonLife v Ipswich 😂😉
    I mean I was bad, but I was at least in all the gear with my no idea. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    mendonca said:
    Deserved. He is not putting in the basic work and earning handsomely. 
    So what's CBT's excuses for the past 2 games? He touched the ball 7 times in 45 minutes yesterday 
    Turns out CBT was playing with a Quad muscle injury, as confirmed by Appleton today @CAFCDAZ and has been for a couple of weeks.
    Sounds like protecting the player. No manager in their right mind would play a player with an injury. 
    Curbs played Robert Lee when he needed a hernia operation, last two games of the first season at Upton Park.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:
    Not seen anyone as ineffective on the wing since watching @Dazzler21 and @NathanPrior in fecking plimsolls for CharltonLife v Ipswich 😂😉
    Your overlapping fullback was in his mid 50s 😉
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Kirk - Stockley - DJ. That is almost a championship quality front 3.
    Ouch  :#
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Best of luck to him. There's clearly talent there despite what some might say. But he showed it in flashes for us and looked a liability a fair amount 

Worth noting that this time two years ago he was playing in the Championship. And that this summer there were no offers for him. 

It'll be interesting to see where he goes and what he does next. But hopefully he settles better there than he did in Charlton. 
    Simply, the most ineffective professional footballer I've ever seen. Has a bit of skill but nothing else. Sort of player at your club who looks good in 5 a side training on a Thursday night but always useless when picked for the first team on a Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:
    😂 It was after that performance I chose to actually start playing footy 11-aside and lost 3 stone in as many months. I was so embarrassed.
  • Options
    I assume he / his agent have lined up
    his next club and hence how he reached agreement to cancel his contract with us. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:
    😂 It was after that performance I chose to actually start playing footy 11-aside and lost 3 stone in as many months. I was so embarrassed.
    It was good fun and your hair looked nice 😉
  • Options
    Maybe he'll join his best mate at Carlisle.
  • Options
    Maybe he'll join his best mate at Carlisle.

Honestly not a bad shout , could see that being very possible. 
  • Options
    Scored and got an assist today for his new club , we’re missing him 
  • Options
    Where’s he gone?
  • Options
    Where’s he gone?
    Boldly gone where no one has gone before?