Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    I was excited by this signing and the highlights reel,  but it's been a fucking disaster both on the pitch and financially for us - if the rumours of wages are true. Best to cut out losses now and move on.
  • Options
    They're doing well this season, just about in the Play-Offs - Could be facing him next season
  • Options
    Fraser is our top earner. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cawley said on one of his podcasts that Kirk never wanted to come to Charlton, never wanted to move down to London. But the contract offer that was put on the table was so good that it was impossible to turn down. It was sold to him that once he was on a contract like that, that was his worth, and he could move back up north eventually. 

Sounds like he was our top earner and never even wanted to be here. What a mess.

So, if that's the case, we the fans and the club have been totally mugged off by him. Knob.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Money is the biggest issue with modern Football.

How many kids will run and take the money from the likes of Chelsea and Man City, knowing only a fraction of kids at those sides will make it, rather than maybe going into the local Academy of a League One / League Two club, and standing slightly more of a chance... But earning less.

Its life changing, even if you dont make it in the game, earning 5k / 10k per week as a kid at those clubs
  • Options
    Heard today, he is signing for Crewe. Unsurprisingly really, best place for him. 
    Hopefully back on the right tracks there.
    He did need to make a change though.
  • Options
    Heard today, he is signing for Crewe. Unsurprisingly really, best place for him. 
    Points to being a platform for him to show his true quality.
  • Options
    He's down as a Crewe player on Wiki, not that that's much to go on.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Points to being a platform for him to show his true quality.
    Hopefully he'll soon get a green light to get to his destination.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to rank our wage bill from highest to lowest, suspect before he left our top three was/is:

Fraser, Aneke & Kirk which sums up our recent troubles. 
  • Options
    edited January 11
    Just had a chat with an acquaintance (Londoner, Fulham and Grimsby watcher, lived 'up here' for 40 years) .. he tells me Grimsby are very interested in signing Kirk, Artell, the Mariners manager knows him from their days together at Crewe so should make a good fist of managing him, IF Kirk signs
  • Options
    edited January 11
    Saw Kirk in delemere forest last Saturday…think he was happy as me at not being at vale 
  • Options
    Saw Kirk in delemere forest last Saturday…think he was happy as me at not being at vale 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Crewe-supporting colleague told me today that Kirk was the best player on the pitch on Saturday, was causing havoc on the wing (with the full back overlapping) and very nearly scored the winner. 

Just saying.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he start on the subs bench?
  • Options
    Good he can stay there 
  • Options
    My Crewe-supporting colleague told me today that Kirk was the best player on the pitch on Saturday, was causing havoc on the wing (with the full back overlapping) and very nearly scored the winner. 

Just saying.
    Good for them & him, cause he was absolute dog crap for us…

Just saying 

I agree with you.