Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    I would like to see u sign a quicker forward play alongside Stockley....Owen Dale would be perfect
  • Options
    A great signing. What we do need is another plan other than DJ and Kirk aiming crosses at Stockley as that will be easy to defend. We need runners into the box to give other targets, and create space and confusion that Stockley can profit from

The player who could really make an impact, when he's fit again is Gilbey, as he seems to have the natural instinct to get into dangerous positions in the box
  • Options
    A great signing. What we do need is another plan other than DJ and Kirk aiming crosses at Stockley as that will be easy to defend. We need runners into the box to give other targets, and create space and confusion that Stockley can profit from

The player who could really make an impact, when he's fit again is Gilbey, as he seems to have the natural instinct to get into dangerous positions in the box
    Agree 100% but I would add clare to that he has already said he would like to be in a team that allows him to be making runs into the box. I know his record may not show it so far but it wouldnt surprise me if he got a few goals this season
  • Options

Surely this has to be sung!!
  • Options
    tl95 said:
    There’s a star man,
    He plays in red and white!
    His name is Charlie Kirk,
    And he’s fucking dynamite…

Saw this on Twitter and thought it was brilliant! 
    This is brilliant. Unfortunately I can see us ending up signing Charlie Kirk to the tune of baby shark 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We won't play 2 Central strikers all the time we play a flat back 4.  We won't play two central strikers AND two wingers ever (yes we might late on in a game if we are chasing it).

Stockley isn't getting a partner, not a nippy one, or any other type. 
    I would suggest this is exactly what one should plan to do so you have a plan B.
    Two players for every position sounds good, but when it comes to forwards, two players who bring something different can also be good.
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    WSS said:
    "It may seem like a sideways move to some" - lol, sure it does. 
    "The key thing to note is how Kirk puts chances on a plate for attackers. Most of these assists were low passes to players within 10 yards of goal."

So Stockley will either have to go on his hands and knees to score or learn to kick...
    Or we sign a poacher. Don't think Stockley or Washington are what you need if you have DJ and Kirk in your side.
    Heard theres a danish player available for tap-ins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good player so good signing.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    EastStand said:
    WSS said:
    "It may seem like a sideways move to some" - lol, sure it does. 
    "The key thing to note is how Kirk puts chances on a plate for attackers. Most of these assists were low passes to players within 10 yards of goal."

So Stockley will either have to go on his hands and knees to score or learn to kick...
    Or we sign a poacher. Don't think Stockley or Washington are what you need if you have DJ and Kirk in your side.

Even though your default position is a tad on the negative side Golfie ! You do make some interesting observations.

Stockley I believe have only scored one goal with his feet for us, and Washington tends to be too wide so some changes are going to be needed for Cafc to score more goals from Crosses especially on the desk. Morgan could be a major player for Charlton if he could become a poor man's Frank Lampard, as with his fitness being at the highest level ever since being a pro (told by a Cafc coach and I always want to be ITK !) If Albie could find composure we would have a 12 goal midfielder, judging by the two chances in one game last Saturday. Over the last two seasons he is on a par with Bradley Pritchard in scoring but we live in hope. 
    To get Albie scoring eight or more goals he’d have to be a regular if not first choice starter. If he is then I’m missing something because there’s nothing about Albie at this point that makes me think he’s good enough to be a regular and if he is then we’re not strong enough. He’s got bags of potential but he’s surely a bench player this season.

You are not alone in that view and he is certainly still hot and cold, but he covered every blade of grass with not stop running and attempted passes against AFC Dons, and It sounds like Adkins wants to give him a run of games to see if the new fitter Albie can find the form, similar to the several games before his wild lash at the ball against Shrewsbury which resulted in a late equaliser after the spinning ball confused Gunter who conceded a penalty. If we can bring in a playmaker as JFC is out to February (estimate) who can score then great, but it was Morgan not Clare who was pro active on the ball and who found Davidson and Ghandour with passes. 

Just a gut feeling that if he can crack one into the net he will improve his game by 50% and score more goals as confidence is everything for footballers.  He needs to as even though he is only 21 this has to be now or never for Morgan at Cafc. The good, bad and ugly set pieces have to improve as well. Great test of Nigel and Albie, if Adkins continues to put the trust in him. Gilbey will be fit in a couple of weeks so the clock is ticking for Morgan to deliver or else he will go back on the bench.

I also believe Kirk and Morgan could get a good understanding. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We won't play 2 Central strikers all the time we play a flat back 4.  We won't play two central strikers AND two wingers ever (yes we might late on in a game if we are chasing it).

I would suggest this is exactly what one should plan to do so you have a plan B.
    Two players for every position sounds good, but when it comes to forwards, two players who bring something different can also be good.
    But what, not whom, do you leave out?  In 90%, if not more, the opposition will have 3 central midfielders.  You aren't going to play 442 with DJ and Kirk (or similar players in the wide areas) 
  • Options
    We need another striker to alternate with Stockley because Davison is not quite good enough (yet) 
    I actually think that’s the most important need now not a left back or a CAM - also in case Stockley gets injured we will be in big trouble 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

But what, not whom, do you leave out?  In 90%, if not more, the opposition will have 3 central midfielders.  You aren't going to play 442 with DJ and Kirk (or similar players in the wide areas) 
    Exactly. If we are chasing the game we could go 442. But in those circumstances, 99% of the time the opposition drop a bit deeper so having a nippy striker to get in behind is pointless. We need a second choice striker to either start in front of an injured/rested Stockley, come on for him or come on alongside him to chase a game. In all three circumstances a striker more similar to Stockley than Karlan Grant works best. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Doesn’t rhyme or scan. 
  • Options
    We need another striker to alternate with Stockley because Davison is not quite good enough (yet) 
    I actually think that’s the most important need now not a left back or a CAM - also in case Stockley gets injured we will be in big trouble 
    Washington?
  • Options
    Song for Kirk
    The Hollies - Just One Look (Chorus)

Just one Kirk, that's all it took, yeah

I'll get my Kirk, I mean coat.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Doesn’t rhyme or scan. 
    Won’t stop the lyrical geniuses of the Covered End…
  • Options
    tl95 said:
    There’s a star man,

This is brilliant. Unfortunately I can see us ending up signing Charlie Kirk to the tune of baby shark 
    Baby Shark is a best-case scenario unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thinking more on Kirk, yes Stockley will benefit, but so should DJ and whoever plays CAM and Clare, the way Kirk delivers the ball should be great for late runners from midfield 
  • Options
    Looking at Kirks video clips we need bodies arriving in and around the six yard box to pick up on his deliveries. 
  • Options
    Looking at Kirks video clips we need bodies arriving in and around the six yard box to pick up on his deliveries. 
    I looked back at that 2nd chance that Morgan blazed over. We had 5 players in the penalty area. Stockley, Morgan, Clare, Washington, DJ. It's a false observation that we don't get players in the box.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I looked back at that 2nd chance that Morgan blazed over. We had 5 players in the penalty area. Stockley, Morgan, Clare, Washington, DJ. It's a false observation that we don't get players in the box.
    I didn’t actually say we don’t. I was commenting on the fact that to get the best out of Kirk you need to attack the six yard box.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    tl95 said:
    There’s a star man,

Baby Shark is a best-case scenario unfortunately

Well that’s more embarrassing than an owner rawking out imo.
  • Options

I reckon Gilbey is erect!  His runs are superb and Kirks ability to pick a pass could make for a very lucrative combo
  • Options
    So is the collective feeling that this is a notch up from Liam Millar?