Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    So is the collective feeling that this is a notch up from Liam Millar?
    100%. Millar is quicker and probably better 1v1 - but there’s no comparison when it comes to goals,  assist and build up play in general. 

It’s a massive asset that he can go both left and right, as can DJ on the other side.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    sammy391 said:

Surely this has to be sung!!
    Doesn’t rhyme or scan. 
    Apart from the rhyme?
  • Options
    My daughter's fiance played against him last year and really rates him, so 🤞 he will be a great asset. 
  • Options
    Very excited by this one. Good player already but long contract and young enough to grow with the club 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Please don't sing 'Charlie Kirk Kirk Kirk'
    Nailed on with our unimaginative fans
  • Options
    Great news. As always we sign someone when I am out - that usually is the trigger for an announcement ;)
    You don't get out much! Been isolating?
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    WSS said:
    "It may seem like a sideways move to some" - lol, sure it does. 
    "The key thing to note is how Kirk puts chances on a plate for attackers. Most of these assists were low passes to players within 10 yards of goal."

So Stockley will either have to go on his hands and knees to score or learn to kick...
    Or we sign a poacher. Don't think Stockley or Washington are what you need if you have DJ and Kirk in your side.
    Ahem…. Ronnie 🥸
    God if Ronnie developed a partnership with Kirk we would be transformed.
  • Options
    There is one attribute which Kirk possesses that I haven't seen mentioned yet ... he will get kicked up in the air by some of the 'industrial strength' defenders who populate League 1.

Goals? Assists?  Who cares?

Playing against ten men?  Oh yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    There is one attribute which Kirk possesses that I haven't seen mentioned yet ... he will get kicked up in the air by some of the 'industrial strength' defenders who populate League 1.

Well he’s been playing League 1 football for a while now, so he should know all about that wouldn’t you say.
    Yes.

And bring it on, I say.
  • Options
    Our first 4+ year contract in over five years! Exciting times 

http://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/08/13/and-kirk-makes-it-six/
    Excellent stuff thanks. Liked the graph especially comparing average contract lengths of the last half a dozen seasons.
  • Options
    I'm over the moon with this signing. He was class last season for Crewe and is more than capable of playing the level above 
  • Options
    Exactly the kind of signing we should be making!  
    Very pleased with this one! 
  • Options
    Our first 4+ year contract in over five years! Exciting times 

http://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/08/13/and-kirk-makes-it-six/
    Good work, enjoyed reading that!! 
  • Options
    I’m sure this has already been linked, but really enjoyed reading this blog from a Crewe fan about Kirk’s strengths/weaknesses and how he could fit at Charlton 

He’ll slot it nicely on the left wing of Charlton’s favoured 433 formation. Still, Charlton would do well to get a mobile left back behind him who is willing to overlap and provide width on the left; Chris Gunter (for all his strengths) isn’t this.
  • Options
    260 comments and unless I have missed it not 1 negative on Charlie ! That's amazing in itself 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Do we ever win against ten men though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football folklore says it’s harder to play against 10 men, in that case imagine how much harder still it would be to play against 9…or 8🎸
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    260 comments and unless I have missed it not 1 negative on Charlie ! That's amazing in itself 
    Give it about 2 minutes into his debut when he misplaces a pass.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    So is the collective feeling that this is a notch up from Liam Millar?
    100%. Millar is quicker and probably better 1v1 - but there’s no comparison when it comes to goals,  assist and build up play in general. 

It’s a massive asset that he can go both left and right, as can DJ on the other side.
    Two of the best wingers I a pairing I can recall watching Charlton were Glover and Kenning. Glover on the left and Kenning on the right.  

Glover was tricky and loved a dribble.
    Kenning,  very quick. They would swap sides at some point which would  confuse the backs and change the point of attack. Maybe we can do that with these Kirk and DJ
    Kirk is being called a winger but from what I’ve seen he is not a dribbler who pushes the ball past defenders. Nothing like DJ or Miller but technically head and shoulders above them.

He seems to have played a very specific role for Crewe taking up position on the wing to set up plays for runners down the channel and into the box and making late runs when the ball is coming from the right. Looks like he could easily fit into a more central 10 role but his lack of tackling instinct might be an issue.
  • Options
    Just seen his highlights reel on Twitter.  Looks very composed 
  • Options
    Stylistically (if not quality wise) he reminds me a bit of Andy Reid. Not got crazy pace but can beat a man and get a killer pass in. 
  • Options
    He had us all ends up last season, found space, attacked the fullback and put balls into dangerous areas 
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    WSS said:
    "It may seem like a sideways move to some" - lol, sure it does. 
    "The key thing to note is how Kirk puts chances on a plate for attackers. Most of these assists were low passes to players within 10 yards of goal."

So Stockley will either have to go on his hands and knees to score or learn to kick...
    Or we sign a poacher. Don't think Stockley or Washington are what you need if you have DJ and Kirk in your side.
    Ahem…. Ronnie 🥸
    God if Ronnie developed a partnership with Kirk we would be transformed.
    In my own fantastical mind, I’m imagining NA has been playing the long game with Ronnie, looking for a player that can give him the service he needs…
    One can dream
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    sammy391 said:

Doesn’t rhyme or scan. 
    Apart from the rhyme?
    ... and the fact it scans when sung to the tune of "Starman".

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    sammy391 said:

D

Doesn’t rhyme or scan. 
    Apart from the rhyme?

Could do with an extra syllable in the Charlie Kirk line
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    sammy391 said:

D

Doesn’t rhyme or scan. 
    Apart from the rhyme?

Could do with an extra syllable in the Charlie Kirk line
    ‘He is’ instead of ‘he’s’