Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    My head says to temper expectations; he is not a novice breaking through, this will be his 6th season in L1 / L2 and played nearly 200 games, so would have attracted a good look from every club in Prem / Champ in recent years and none have followed up. 

Suspect he is very much a confidence player. From the write up from that fantastic Crewe analysis it looks like we’ve gone for another hopefully more professional Marcus Maddison. 

Players that have the potential to change games in an instant are rare though and good to watch. I’m looking forward to seeing this one but I do hope some fans don’t get too carried away in what to expect. 

Just have to hope the Charltonisation hasn’t already begun......
  • Options
    clive said:

Charlie Kirk's first Charlton interview (August 2021)

One of the best welcome interviews I've seen, can tell he's genuinely excited to be here. Love it!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    From a Crewe fan at work:

Thought he was the new Ronaldo at the beginning of the last season, then his partner on the left broke his leg and the overlapping fullback was transferred to Blackburn.  Kirk didn’t really shine after this. 

And half the fans will hate him as he hates challenging for the ball, he will lose (not even contest) 70/30 balls in his favour.

I still loved him though

Don't you just love the usual sour grapes..he wasn't any good really stuff B)
    We have more than our fair share of fickle fans like that 
  • Options
    Recruitment team have been patient, and they got a result.  Young player with skill and room to improve. I can't wait for him to perform for us.
  • Options
    To the tune of the nursery rhyme Pattacake Pattacake Bakers man ....

"Charlie Kirk, Charlie Kirk, Stockleys man
    Give an assist as quick as you can 
    Thread it, pass it, pick out that man 
    Then come back next weekend and do it again". 
  • Options
    Someone would have had to have two footed Ronnie in his kitchen in order to foul him.
    It was never a foul. I swear I got the ball.
  • Options
    Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk 

to the tune of Spam by Monty Python
  • Options
    Charlie Kirk, woooah
    Charlie Kirk, wooo-oooah
    He came from Crewe Alex
    He really hates Palace
  • Options

Yeah, I can just see it now. 

The Covered End Erupts. Smile Like You Mean It turns and points his camera to the North Lower. Arms wide and aloft, Stone Island jackets looking fresh, flat caps aplenty as Old Skool geezers strain every sinew in their neck to belt out Pattacake Pattacake Bakers Man...
    I was going to suggest the Noddy theme tune, but change Noddy for Roddy. You’ve really put me off now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alright... hate making up chants, but here goes... trying to get right to the heart of why we've taken him to our hearts so easily

"We got a guy from Crewe, can't stand the Palace scum
    He hates the spanners too, he skins defence for fun,
    He's flying down the wing, and makes our system work,
    And that is why we sing, he's Charlie Charlie Kirk.
    He's Charlie Charlie Kirk, la la la la la la la
    Charlie Charlie Kirk, la la la la la la la"... etc

To the tune of ATC's "all around the world". Going for the "Will Grigg" vibe.
  • Options
    Chaaaaaarlie Kirk do do do do do
    Charlie Kirk do do do do do do
    Charlie Kirk do do do do do do
    Charlie Kirk
  • Options
    Charlie Kirk, woooah
    Charlie Kirk, wooo-oooah
    He came from Crewe Alex
    He really hates Palace
    Really?
  • Options

"The American way of life is being dismantled by a group of bitter, deceitful, vengeful activists".

Charlie Kirk

I didn't realise we had just signed a player with refreshingly common sense views of the dire state of the world! Props to Charlie Kirk! 

• Options
    Got a feeling, this fella could be hot stuff.

• Options

"The American way of life is being dismantled by a group of bitter, deceitful, vengeful activists".

Charlie Kirk

I didn't realise we had just signed a player with refreshingly common sense views of the dire state of the world! Props to Charlie Kirk! 

There is an American radio shock Jock who views on all things are Right wing on every subject; he happens to share a name with our new recruit.

Back to the Footballer who all real Charlton fans want to have a successful time at the valley; and away games  :) 
  • Options
    Charlie Kirk, woooah
    Charlie Kirk, wooo-oooah
    He came from Crewe Alex
    He really hates Palace
    Have another go...
  • Options
    IMO any new signing who doesn't confirm a lifelong hatred of either Palace, Millwall or preferably both, up front in their first interview is a wrong-un and has no future at this club...

Good luck Charlie!
  • Options

The Covered End Erupts. Smile Like You Mean It turns and points his camera to the North Lower. Arms wide and aloft, Stone Island jackets looking fresh, flat caps aplenty as Old Skool geezers strain every sinew in their neck to belt out Pattacake Pattacake Bakers Man...
    I was going to suggest the Noddy theme tune, but change Noddy for Roddy. You’ve really put me off now. 
    He’s such a bully, humiliated well-meaning, long-standing charlton fans like that. 
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some interesting chants above. At least we know there’s no secret lyrical geniuses on Charlton Life! 
  • Options
    Got a feeling, this fella could be hot stuff.

Who, ValleyOfTears? Agreed
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

He’s such a bully, humiliated well-meaning, long-standing charlton fans like that. 
    ;-)
    Don’t tell him, but I’ve always disliked him in the 20 odd years I’ve known him. 
  • Options
    He seems quite up for training and playing from the interview.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    mendonca said:
    Thats handy, what with him being a professional footballer and all that!  ;)

*I know what you mean - he’s had an extremely tough week or so. 
  • Options
    He looks like he has the potential to take the loss out of a fair few defenders in this league abs I can’t wait to see it happen. Welcome Charlie. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Thanks handy, what with him being a professional footballer and all that!  ;)

I don’t think we need to know why your nickname for @mendonca is handy….
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    mendonca said:
    Thanks handy, what with him being a professional footballer and all that!  ;)

I don’t think we need to know why your nickname for @mendonca is handy….
    Good spot - amended.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Some interesting chants above. At least we know there’s no secret lyrical geniuses on Charlton Life! 
    Hold up.

I'll have a go:

The time to rise has been engaged
    You're better best to rearrange
    We're talkin' here to you who moan
    Sing along to the Charlie Kirk song

Your finest hour
    Your finest hour

Berry, Buck, Mills, Stipe 1987