Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We have a relegation goalkeeper

12346»

Comments

• Options
    The worry-scatter-gun is going into overdrive.

There really isn’t much wrong with this squad imo. It is at least a top 8 team. Yes the players may not have performed.
    But the lack of a system, a style of play and the wherewithal to change that style during a game is the fault of the manager.
    Change that and last season’s POTY at Pompey will be just fine.
  • Options
    Amos was dodgy on long shots, Cmac doesn't come for crosses, i'm sure there's other keepers in this division who can't kick properly or have other faults. And guess what........that's why they're playing in league one.

He was POTY at Portsmouth last year, a side who finished above us so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's not as shit as half this thread is making out he is. 
    I agree the fact he was Pompey POTY means he can't be that bad at this level, although he does worry me. But that is quite the theme isn't it? We have a lot of players who aren't bad at this level, maybe even 16 or so. However we are definitely a bad TEAM. To me that leads to one conclusion. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    When the cross came in for their winner I thought the keeper had to come for it. Amos would have. 
    Amos was Premiership class when dealing with crosses, yes, it was the best part of his game.
    However, I honestly can’t say he would have gone for the cross…..my view is that it was placed perfectly, agonisingly beyond any keepers ability to claim it.
    No doubt Mac was expecting a defender to deal with it, which is what really should have happened.
  • Options
    He's not THE problem, but he's part of the the wider problem. He can't trust his defence, mainly because they're a bit shit, but they can't trust him to come and claim a cross either. In turn, the back 5 can't trust the front 6 to hold onto the ball for any length of time or cover in front of them, and in turn the front 6 can't rely on the back 5 to be able to distribute the ball to them reliably