Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln Away 16th Oct (Pay on the day available)

Comments

• Options
    7.31 from Lincoln to peterborough also showing as cancelled on website. 
  • Options
    Also got an email re train cancellation coming home from Lincoln, looks like anything after 7 is now cancelled with a bus replacement service being laid on to Newark. 

Proper Charlton problem, @clive any ideas? Your the man!
  • Options
    Arrived in Lincoln at 14.30...already livening up in the horse and groom and now the strugglers inn nr the castle.....great real ales so far.
    DJ coach has just left anchor and hope lane.  

Given ourselves a good 30 hours to make sure we don’t get caught in traffic 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Also got an email re train cancellation coming home from Lincoln, looks like anything after 7 is now cancelled with a bus replacement service being laid on to Newark. 

Get the 7.45 , get bus replacement to Newark and train from there or 18.30 train both will now be mobbed, was loads on the 19.31
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Arrived in Lincoln at 14.30...already livening up in the horse and groom and now the strugglers inn nr the castle.....great real ales so far.

Lol enjoy....if you head for Brayford wharf there are two nice pubs at either end, the  royal William iv and horse and groom. In the middle of them is a spoons.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Get the 7.45 , get bus replacement to Newark and train from there or 18.30 train both will now be mobbed, was loads on the 19.31
    Are your tickets timed from Lincoln to Newark?
    Even if they are you should be able to jump on an earlier train.
    If you have to pay single from Lincoln to Newark £6  £4 with railcard.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Cheers both, I think we will try to get an earlier train, got a veterans railcard if needed but usually local plod want us away from the area as soon as possible so don't envisage too many problems.  
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

If your tickets are unreserved/untimed between Lincoln & Newark there should be no problem in catching an earlier train & spending more time in Newark waiting for the connection to Kings Cross.
  • Options
    I'm bunking the train as I never got a refund for my hull train tickets. 
  • Options
    Do Lincoln still play an air raid siren when they get a corner?
    Not sure…..but certainly when they score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are in the heartland of The RAF……with a great affinity with Bomber Command in particular.
    Dam Buster country through and through and home of The Red Arrows.
  • Options
    You are in the heartland of The RAF……with a great affinity with Bomber Command in particular.
    Dam Buster country through and through and home of The Red Arrows.
    Love living up here...they are very proud of that connection. Lincoln a cracking city. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Lol enjoy....if you head for Brayford wharf there are two nice pubs at either end, the  royal William iv and horse and groom. In the middle of them is a spoons.
    If we get there at a decent hour mate.  Typically the coach gets in at 1.30 - 2 for most of the away games I’ve done.  I’ll try and look for a pub if there is one close to the ground.  

I’ll also look for my man clb74 to present him with John from Larkfield.  It will be like seeing a Unicorn 
  • Options
    It's a dry ground tomorrow, by the way. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Booooo
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

If we get there at a decent hour mate.  Typically the coach gets in at 1.30 - 2 for most of the away games I’ve done.  I’ll try and look for a pub if there is one close to the ground.  

I’ll also look for my man clb74 to present him with John from Larkfield.  It will be like seeing a Unicorn 
    Don’t know where your coach drops off but your best bet for a boozer near the ground would normally be The Golden Eagle on the high street. Away fan friendly.
  • Options
    Travelling fans can pay on the day via the ticket office, located in the Selenity Stand (Adults: £24, Over 65: £19, U22: £19, U18: £10).
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/616955d8cb7b5/match-preview-lincoln-city-v-charlton
  • Options
    Anyone driving up there are some details in link below regarding discounts for matchday parking charges

• Options
    edited October 2021
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

There is a spoons on the high st called the Ritz about 15mins walk to the ground  currently in the other one with the other half before a few hours shopping, yippee. £1.99 for tetleys  and its gorgeous. Petrol stations up here all open and no bloody queues.
  • Options
    Met a few Lincoln fans today and yesterday all looking forward the beating we are going to give them...lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone driving up there are some details in link below regarding discounts for matchday parking charges

Lucy tower street is right by bayford wharf and next to a couple of boozers.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    New trending GIF on Giphy  Pictures of homer simpson Homer simpson funny  Homer simpson
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I should hope so, I don't want the game called off.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

There is a spoons on the high st called the Ritz about 15mins walk to the ground  currently in the other one with the other half before a few hours shopping, yippee. £1.99 for tetleys  and its gorgeous. Petrol stations up here all open and no bloody queues.
    A two Wetherspoon city, my kinda place  ;)
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

Currently in the Ritz spoons as I needed to do a walk check for tomorrow , have a Charlton shirt on and the manager says away fans have to use the other spoons in Brayford Wharf.

There isnt much else about from here to the stadium.

So would advise if you intend to use this pub, dont wear Charlton stuff openly. Red and white is obviously Lincoln colours too  so assume you will get away with that.

• Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

Currently in the Ritz spoons as I needed to do a walk check for tomorrow , have a Charlton shirt on and the manager says away fans have to use the other spoons in Brayford Wharf.

So would advise if you intend to use this pub, dont wear Charlton stuff openly. Red and white is obviously Lincoln colours too  so assume you will get away with that.

I was thinking that, as the Ritz being nearer the ground is far more likely to be the (home) football pub than the other one
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

I was thinking that, as the Ritz being nearer the ground is far more likely to be the (home) football pub than the other one
    If you go to Brayford there are 3 pubs a harvester and other eateries such as nando's there.

It's about 20 to 25 minute walk from there. Well that's my legs.
  • Options
    3 coming up from way down south....well along the A17 between Sleaford and Boston. Nearest game ever....Peterborough second. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

If you go to Brayford there are 3 pubs a harvester and other eateries such as nando's there.

It's about 20 to 25 minute walk from there. Well that's my legs.
    Hopefully see you tomorrow mate.