Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lincoln Away 16th Oct (Pay on the day available)

1234568»

Comments

• clb74 said:
    Those that went back to Nottingham on the train what time did you get back to London?
    About 9.30pm from memory. As soon as word spread on the platform of the poor soul on the tracks, we made a fast treck over to Northgate Castle and was on a near empty train to Nottingham. Enabled us to get a table on the train to London before the hordes turned up.

• Cracking little pub by Newark Castle Station.
    Lovely pub. We went in there before the game...
  • I’m loving all these away day photos, hope it can become a regular thing 
  • I’m loving all these away day photos, hope it can become a regular thing 
    I doubt it.
    The way we are playing there will be no one there to take the photos

• Cracking little pub by Newark Castle Station.
    I will give you this one.
    But you do need to learn the difference between  5 and 15 minutes.
  • clb74 said:

Cracking little pub by Newark Castle Station.
    I will give you this one.
    But you do need to learn the difference between  5 and 15 minutes.
  • The Strugglers is a cracking little real ale pub
    Indeed one of the reasons I went.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    The Strugglers is a cracking little real ale pub
    Evidently the land lady is an absolute witch and the pub is avoided by many local real ale drinkers because of her rudeness and general demeanour.
    She is something of a legend in the city, very unpredictable and easily offended and comes down on anyone who she takes a dislike to like a ton of bricks.
    For confirmation, take a gander on Tripadvisor!
    Evidently the land lady is an absolute witch and the pub is avoided by many local real ale drinkers because of her rudeness and general demeanour.
    She is something of a legend in the city, very unpredictable and easily offended and comes down on anyone who she takes a dislike to like a ton of bricks.
    Most of the reviews are massively positive, and she seemed happy enough when I was there! She was happy enough with the Charlton fans who had visited
    I discovered it completely by accident, as I had no plans beforehand to check out decent pubs on the hill. Indeed I was only on that street after seeing Leuth's photo of the water tower  :D  
  • clb74 said:
    Those that went back to Nottingham on the train what time did you get back to London?
    About 21.35/40.
    Got the 21.55 from LV to BS and home by 22.20.
    Most of the reviews are massively positive, and she seemed happy enough when I was there! She was happy enough with the Charlton fans who had visited
    I discovered it completely by accident, as I had no plans beforehand to check out decent pubs on the hill. Indeed I was only on that street after seeing Leuth's photo of the water tower  :D  
    It is a gem, spent a few hours in there Thursday afternoon. We stayed that way a few years ago and the landlady of the hotel told us about it.
  • Clarky said:
    My expectations were very high and I wasn't disappointed, Lincoln was a lovely place just a few pricks on the pitch and an even bigger one on the touchline marred a very good weekend.
    I thought  the area round the ground and the so called 'High Street ' was a bit depressing to be honest  as we're a good number of our fans behaving like idiots outside pubs. What with the clueless idiots on and off the pitch away days are less enjoyable now than 3 years ago.
    E have the same amount of idiots as most clubs & and a lot less than others, not saying it’s right but  the Willy waving ( not the dildo) happens at most clubs every week 
  • Clarky said:
    My expectations were very high and I wasn't disappointed, Lincoln was a lovely place just a few pricks on the pitch and an even bigger one on the touchline marred a very good weekend.
    I thought  the area round the ground and the so called 'High Street ' was a bit depressing to be honest  as we're a good number of our fans behaving like idiots outside pubs. What with the clueless idiots on and off the pitch away days are less enjoyable now than 3 years ago.
    That end of The High Street across the level crossing going south is certainly not the best part of The High Street or representative of what is Lincoln proper. It’s like chalk and cheese.
    The large pedestrianised High Street area leading onto Steep Hill and The Cathedral Quarter (Bailgate) is the right way to go for quality shops and pleasant ambiance.

• Clarky said:
    That end of The High Street across the level crossing going south is certainly not the best part of The High Street or representative of what is Lincoln proper. It’s like chalk and cheese.
    The large pedestrianised High Street area leading onto Steep Hill and The Cathedral Quarter (Bailgate) is the right way to go for quality shops and pleasant ambiance.

You cant disregard parts of the city  soundas
  • clb74 said:
    Clarky said:

What do you mean disregard?
    I just did regard it and said the south end of The High Street is pretty dismal compared to the rest of it.
    How much more regard do you want me to give it?
  • clb74 said:
    Clarky said:

I just did regard it and said the south end of The High Street is pretty dismal compared to the rest of it.
    Ignore him - he wants pictures of Semis in Plymouth - and I’m not taking about houses
  • Sponsored links:

• I realise it’s the wrong thread but has Burton in November been postponed or is it likely to be? I couldn’t see anything anywhere else and was surprised.
  • clb74 said:
    Clarky said:

Ignore him - he wants pictures of Semis in Plymouth - and I’m not taking about houses
    Hello Sailor
  • JaShea99 said:
    I realise it’s the wrong thread but has Burton in November been postponed or is it likely to be? I couldn’t see anything anywhere else and was surprised.
    International weekend
  • RedPanda said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I realise it’s the wrong thread but has Burton in November been postponed or is it likely to be? I couldn’t see anything anywhere else and was surprised.
    International weekend
    Yeah I know. Thanks. So has it been?
  • JaShea99 said:
    RedPanda said:
    JaShea99 said:
    International weekend
    Yeah I know. Thanks. So has it been?
    Too early for it to be decided, as the players haven't been called up yet
  • Saw all the posts on the Lincoln thread, and assumed Leuth was still there, taking it all in.
  • clb74 said:
    Clarky said:

Ignoring him is the best way.