Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln Away 16th Oct (Pay on the day available)

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Arrived in Lincoln at 14.30...already livening up in the horse and groom and now the strugglers inn nr the castle.....great real ales so far.
    DJ coach has just left anchor and hope lane.  

Given ourselves a good 30 hours to make sure we don’t get caught in traffic 
    Lol enjoy....if you head for Brayford wharf there are two nice pubs at either end, the  royal William iv and horse and groom. In the middle of them is a spoons.
    If we get there at a decent hour mate.  Typically the coach gets in at 1.30 - 2 for most of the away games I’ve done.  I’ll try and look for a pub if there is one close to the ground.  

I’ll also look for my man clb74 to present him with John from Larkfield.  It will be like seeing a Unicorn 
    There is a spoons on the high st called the Ritz about 15mins walk to the ground  currently in the other one with the other half before a few hours shopping, yippee. £1.99 for tetleys  and its gorgeous. Petrol stations up here all open and no bloody queues.
    A two Wetherspoon city, my kinda place  ;)
    Currently in the Ritz spoons as I needed to do a walk check for tomorrow , have a Charlton shirt on and the manager says away fans have to use the other spoons in Brayford Wharf.

There isnt much else about from here to the stadium.

So would advise if you intend to use this pub, dont wear Charlton stuff openly. Red and white is obviously Lincoln colours too  so assume you will get away with that.

I was thinking that, as the Ritz being nearer the ground is far more likely to be the (home) football pub than the other one
    If you go to Brayford there are 3 pubs a harvester and other eateries such as nando's there.

It's about 20 to 25 minute walk from there. Well that's my legs.
    Hopefully see you tomorrow mate.
    Cheers safe journey up.
  • Options
    How far is it from the ground to the cathedral? Is it walking / driving distance?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    How far is it from the ground to the cathedral? Is it walking / driving distance?

Not too far probably just over a mile. A lovely walk, but there is a bloody steep hill to get up.

Well worth the struggle though. Great pubs, shops and if you like such things the cathedral library is well worth a visit.

Has a copy of the Magna Carta (don't you know) amougnst other fine ancient texts.

IMO uphill lincoln is far better than downhill where the stadium and more modern shops reside
  • Options
    Thanks for that Fenland, was hoping to get in there before the game, might be being a tad ambitious and fit in a visit to the castle as well, am I reading this right, the castle and the cathedral are 250 metres apart?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yep a stones throw away and if you can visit them both. Once you get up the hill everything is very close. Lincoln City is small but steeped in history. The oldest part is up the hill, cause of the defensive advantages, down the hill was developed much later.

The good thing about going up 'steep hill' is all the independent shops on the way. Lots to see and do. Gives you a chance to catch your breath!

I recommend the Wig and Mitre for refreshments before you get to the top.
  • Options
    On route.
    It's that warm outside I've just dropped me jumper back home.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    On route.
    Depressingly dark outside, I can't cope with dark starts on Saturdays!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    clb74 said:
    On route.
    I take it you're not Gary Numan?
  • Options
    Up and raring to go going to be a long day but looking forward to it 
  • Options
    On route to KX. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    On route.
    Ditto walked out the door turned around and threw my jacket back in and run before the missus could say anything.
  • Options
    @Chippycafc, being the tour guide of Lincoln, once you have finished breakfast can you pop over to the train station and see what trains have been cancelled back to Newark after the game.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    On my way. 
  • Options
    Have a great day everyone 
  • Options
    On way to KX.
  • Options
    @Chippycafc, being the tour guide of Lincoln, once you have finished breakfast can you pop over to the train station and see what trains have been cancelled back to Newark after the game.
    Thanks.
    Lol will see
  • Options
    En route to Pancras Spoons. Been ages since a proper away day especially a new ground and city. Bring it on!!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    On route.
    won't be that warm in Lincoln around 5.30/6.00
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Your correspondent, full of bravado 
    been a long time since I rock n rolled .. B)  .. enjoy the day Leuth 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I reckon it's a good 25 minute walk. As fen say best part is the old part, gets typical shabby as you get closer to the ground.
  • Options
    I reckon it's a good 25 minute walk.
    this .. and driving in Lincoln is not a great idea on Saturdays, the city has some of England's worst traffic snarl ups .. medieval streets don't cha know
  • Options
    On train up now. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I never knew Matt Berry was a Charlton fan!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I never knew Matt Berry was a Charlton fan!
    Bat! 
  • Options
    great to see there's a lot of expectation and excitement around this one .. old school away day, a shabby 'stadium' packed to the rafters in a far away town unknown to most .. get in there !!
  • Options
    Not on your route, but a handful of us getting the train from Kettering at half 10.
  • Options
    We’re arriving from all corners of the country, I’m getting a train down from Newcastle 
  • Options
    Shag said:
    We’re arriving from all corners of the country, I’m getting a train down from Newcastle 
    Yep Basingstoke area here.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You look younger than when we met @Leuth. Do you moisturise? 

o:)