Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Dartford Tunnel anyone?
  • Dartford Tunnel anyone?
    If they did that, it'll cripple the south east.
  • A lot of this now is down to the practicalities.
    I don’t think the authorities are able to prevent these actions, so all that is left is reaction.
    The debate is probably about how to react.
    These protestors are completely wrong in what they are doing, yet ultimately it is for the right reasons.
    That is going to mean quite a supply of people prepared to be martyrs for their cause.
    I imagine we will enter a race between gathering intelligence and attempting prevention, and the numbers willing to continue to protest.
  • Pretty harrowing stuff wherever your sympathies are in this debate 

https://twitter.com/lbcnews/status/1444930120238649344?s=24
  • What else are they expecting?

The way they're lying back down in the road after they've already been moved and cars are going through, someone will get hurt, and it'll be the fault of the people trying to clear the road.
  • A shame the public have to intervene, but that's what it's come to. If it's true there was an ambulance trying to get through then that's stupidity to the extreme. These people are doing far more harm to their cause than good now. 

As for the poor lady pleading to get to her sick mother in Canterbury they just didn't care did they. 
  • Saw the traffic on the approach road from the train at Westcombe Park and knew there was trouble of some kind. Hopefully clear now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:
    A shame the public have to intervene, but that's what it's come to. If it's true there was an ambulance trying to get through then that's stupidity to the extreme. These people are doing far more harm to their cause than good now. 

As for the poor lady pleading to get to her sick mother in Canterbury they just didn't care did they. 
    Your mum might die but you need to understand our plight.
  • Where they are blocking is around a mile from a large Ambulance base for all sorts of different responses such as the Hazardous Area Response Team, so although not an actual Ambulance it’s a busy area for service vehicles on blue lights. 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    A shame the public have to intervene, but that's what it's come to. If it's true there was an ambulance trying to get through then that's stupidity to the extreme. These people are doing far more harm to their cause than good now. 

Your mum might die but you need to understand our plight.
    A certain someone on here is waiting to say 'it's just daily mail trope' & 'diddums, people are delayed for a little bit'
  • These protests are particularly noticeable by how the usual suspects (hi) aren't getting on board
  • Great stuff from Joe public and the ambulance crew manhandling these cretins but where the hell are the police?
  • I don’t understand how a news agency can know about it in advance enough to film the road being blocked as it happens, but the authorities don’t know.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Bloke just tried to get through a gap before they moved over, but it won't be long before someone short-tempered does drive at them, or someone knocks one of them out.

It's trouble waiting to happen.
  • Great stuff from Joe public and the ambulance crew manhandling these cretins but where the hell are the police?
    They will be there soon to arrest those who moved the protestors.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I don’t understand how a news agency can know about it in advance enough to film the road being blocked as it happens, but the authorities don’t know.
    This came up on LBC the other week. The protesters ring them (reporters) but for whatever reason the reporters don't call the police.
  • Great work by the blokes who pulled these idiot demonstraters away. 

But you watch. I bet one of these demonstrators who got pulled aside makes a complaint to the police and our effing useless police force, sorry service, actually prosecutes those who pulled the demonstrators aside for assault. 
    Making sandwiches for them
  • edited October 2021
    Great stuff from Joe public and the ambulance crew manhandling these cretins but where the hell are the police?
    I hope they arrest the lady whose mother is in hospital. Nothing but a trouble maker who doesn't care, understand and isn't on board.
    I hope they arrest the lady whose mother is in hospital. Nothing but a trouble maker who doesn't care, understand and isn't on board.
    Hopefully the paramedics as well.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Bloke just tried to get through a gap before they moved over, but it won't be long before someone short-tempered does drive at them, or someone knocks one of them out.

It's trouble waiting to happen.
    It will undoubtedly turn nasty at some stage - somebody will lose it.
  • Sometimes in the past a person can be found guilty in a court and a wise judge can issue a fine of something like 1p.
    If a person dragging a protestor away is prosecuted I would hope (if it went to a jury trial) they are found not guilty whatever the weight of evidence. Or if no jury trial a decent judge issues a 1p fine.
  • seth plum said:
    Sometimes in the past a person can be found guilty in a court and a wise judge can issue a fine of something like 1p.
    If a person dragging a protestor away is prosecuted I would hope (if it went to a jury trial) they are found not guilty whatever the weight of evidence. Or if no jury trial a decent judge issues a 1p fine.
    You would still have a criminal record though….
  • seth plum said:
    Sometimes in the past a person can be found guilty in a court and a wise judge can issue a fine of something like 1p.
    But still carry a conviction?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!