Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Addickted said:
    How about using some of your 'customers' to install loft insulation?

Not the most skilled job and not the most pleasant to do. But could significantly reduce the total cost of carrying out the work and surely wouldn't be too controversial?

Would you really want Roger the Raper or Freddie the Fiddler in your house? Hard to believe but cons aren’t the most trustworthy of folk.
  • Just my humble view but I really do find it disheartening at all of the disdain, animosity and hate that is poured on these protesters when it really should be directed at the corporations that cause 70% of global emissions or the unsustainable capitalist system that necessitates constant economic growth. If more people directed their energy at the cause of these protests rather than the symptoms then it’s possible that protests like this wouldn’t be needed. We have to realise that there is no planet B and all of our lives, and those of our children and grandchildren will be threatened if we ( and it is a ‘we’ situation) don’t collectively do something. It’s easy to piss and moan but much harder to change.
    I think that’s what people want the protesters to actually be doing.

🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I get that but my comment was more aimed at those keen to disparage the protesters. What are these people actually doing to effect change? Or as usual is it someone else’s problem until the realisation dawns that climate change actually impedes on their personal lives? We’re all in this fucked up life together, the planet we live on is all of our responsibility. We can’t shirk that responsibility because we are all going to suffer in the long run. It’s very easy to tell someone to do things a different way whilst doing fuck all yourself.
    I don't think the human race will fix this as ultimately we consume too much based on our economic model. Seems unlikely we can reverse this...

Sadly that’s my belief but I still believe we should try and go down fighting.
  • Just my humble view but I really do find it disheartening at all of the disdain, animosity and hate that is poured on these protesters when it really should be directed at the corporations that cause 70% of global emissions or the unsustainable capitalist system that necessitates constant economic growth. If more people directed their energy at the cause of these protests rather than the symptoms then it’s possible that protests like this wouldn’t be needed. We have to realise that there is no planet B and all of our lives, and those of our children and grandchildren will be threatened if we ( and it is a ‘we’ situation) don’t collectively do something. It’s easy to piss and moan but much harder to change.

🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I get that but my comment was more aimed at those keen to disparage the protesters. What are these people actually doing to effect change? Or as usual is it someone else’s problem until the realisation dawns that climate change actually impedes on their personal lives? We’re all in this fucked up life together, the planet we live on is all of our responsibility. We can’t shirk that responsibility because we are all going to suffer in the long run. It’s very easy to tell someone to do things a different way whilst doing fuck all yourself.
    I don't think the human race will fix this as ultimately we consume too much based on our economic model. Seems unlikely we can reverse this...

Sadly that’s my belief but I still believe we should try and go down fighting.
    There are so many issues that need to be addressed. We worship greed, wealth and consumption far too much and we throw so much away.

I've tried to be as frugal as possible as I get older but sometimes it does feel like you're 'pissing in the wind'. I hate waste yet so much is made to be disposable.

The sad thing is those most responsible for this mess will probably escape the consequences for the longest. 
  • Addickted said:

Not the most skilled job and not the most pleasant to do. But could significantly reduce the total cost of carrying out the work and surely wouldn't be too controversial?

Would you really want Roger the Raper or Freddie the Fiddler in your house? Hard to believe but cons aren’t the most trustworthy of folk.
    Wouldn't the other workers 'supervise' that type of criminal?

Aren't there plenty of non dangerous criminals from less secure prisons and with shortish sentences who can be used?

Perhaps a lot of the short term sentences can be exchanged for this type of community service? Win/win surely?
    Agree to an extent, although if I was parked on the m25 with my two youngsters I’d probably be raging all the same.

Im still cracking up at “I’m sick of these middle class protestors, they better not stop me on route to my golf day” 😂 
    I posted yesterday that I was coming to Dartford to play golf today and would be pissed off if these pricks buggered that up,well they didnt,however,I left medway very early just in case and sat in traffic for ages due to a pile up(hope no one was badly hurt),so I got stuffed anyway.
  • edited September 2021
    Just my humble view but I really do find it disheartening at all of the disdain, animosity and hate that is poured on these protesters when it really should be directed at the corporations that cause 70% of global emissions or the unsustainable capitalist system that necessitates constant economic growth. If more people directed their energy at the cause of these protests rather than the symptoms then it’s possible that protests like this wouldn’t be needed. We have to realise that there is no planet B and all of our lives, and those of our children and grandchildren will be threatened if we ( and it is a ‘we’ situation) don’t collectively do something. It’s easy to piss and moan but much harder to change.

🤷‍♀️

They can protest without endangering other peoples lives. 
    They are lucky they haven't caused a fatality.

If they want to save lives they have got this badly wrong. 

🤷‍♀️

Absolutely, it’s not the type of protest I’d condone but again, you’re putting the onus on the few protesters who are actually taking action. What about the responsibility of the rest of us to try and save the only planet we have?

🤷‍♀️

Absolutely, it’s not the type of protest I’d condone but again, you’re putting the onus on the few protesters who are actually taking action. What about the responsibility of the rest of us to try and save the only planet we have?
    You arrange it then & I'll consider joining you. 

🤷‍♀️

And therein lies the problem. 
  • The motorway protest puts me in mind of the comment by the great Samuel Beckett when observing the activism and turmoil in Paris and other parts of Europe in 1968.
    Beckett said 'never has there been such rightness joined to such foolishness'.
  • Sponsored links:

🤷‍♀️

And therein lies the problem. 
    There are ways of getting people on your side and also making progress with your campaign. And there are ways of pissing people off and not making any progress
  • Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Wouldn't the other workers 'supervise' that type of criminal?

Aren't there plenty of non dangerous criminals from less secure prisons and with shortish sentences who can be used?

Perhaps a lot of the short term sentences can be exchanged for this type of community service? Win/win surely?
    No thanks. I've seen the mess they've made of roofs before. Not the tidiest bunch

• How do you smuggle a crash helmet into a prison?

Enough to bring tears to your eyes.

🤷‍♀️

The ‘protesters’ aren’t really doing anything to effect change either though, are they.

Just being troublesome arses that if anything is damaging the cause they claim to represent. 
  • Major said:
    You really believe it has to do with 'Insulation'?
    Marxists pick on a popular 'Cause'  and use it to disrupt our daily lives and society as we know it. They really don't give a monkey's about the professed grievance.
    Sound familiar?
    Can’t be Marxists, they was sitting legs crossed lot kneeling..
    Marxists are able to contort themselves into any position to demonstrate the iniquity of the capitalist mode of production. Just ask Stalin or Trotsky. 
  • Addickted said:
    The First Requisite for the Happiness of the People Is the Abolition of  Religion Karl Marx  Meme on MEME
    Good quote. Food for thought and debate, but maybe out of context.

He wrote ‘religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness’.

Now people might agree or disagree with that, but I can’t see how that links with Insulate Britain or Black Lives Matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    Karl Marx.
    “there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror.”

NY Post June 2020

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said in a newly surfaced video from 2015 that she and her fellow organizers are “trained Marxists” – making clear their movement’s ideological foundation, according to a report.

Cullors, 36, was the protégé of Eric Mann, former agitator of the Weather Underground domestic terror organization, and spent years absorbing the Marxist-Leninist ideology that shaped her worldview, Breitbart News reported.

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,”. 

• Blocking the A20 in Dover now.
  • seth plum said:
    Addickted said:
    The First Requisite for the Happiness of the People Is the Abolition of  Religion Karl Marx  Meme on MEME
    Good quote. Food for thought and debate, but maybe out of context.

He wrote ‘religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness’.

Now people might agree or disagree with that, but I can’t see how that links with Insulate Britain or Black Lives Matter.
    he said it at a BLM fundraiser 
  • Insulate Britain protesters have blocked the Port of Dover as part of their ongoing protests over climate emissions.

More than 40 people, who have been involved in Insulate Britain's 10 days of motorway protests, have blocked the A20 at the Eastern Docks roundabout and near the junction with Union Street for the Western Docks, the group said on Friday morning.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-port-dover-blocked-insulate-25060553

• These cnuts need to do some serious stir at her majesty’s. Enoughs enough. No more woke pussy footing around with these cretins.
  • OK.
    How do Marxists get ‘trained’, in some kind of special Madrassa?
    Is there a University or training camp somewhere, or a handbook for training?
    I think the quote containing ‘sort of’ is the giveaway.
    They can call themselves Marxists as much as they like but it sounds half baked.
    Is there any evidence that Insulate Britain or Black Lives Matter are Marxists beyond vapid declarations?
    Das Kapital is a work of Economic Philosophy. Wide ranging and influential. The notion that it is only about revolutionary terror could well be a reference back to the French Revolution and what happened there.
    In the Bible Leviticus says if you approach the Lord with poor eyesight you’re going to hell, so does that mean all true Christians have got it in for people wearing glasses or contact lenses?

• seth plum said:
    OK.
    How do Marxists get ‘trained’, in some kind of special Madrassa?
    Is there a University or training camp somewhere, or a handbook for training?
    I think the quote containing ‘sort of’ is the giveaway.
    They can call themselves Marxists as much as they like but it sounds half baked.
    Is there any evidence that Insulate Britain or Black Lives Matter are Marxists beyond vapid declarations?
    Das Kapital is a work of Economic Philosophy. Wide ranging and influential. The notion that it is only about revolutionary terror could well be a reference back to the French Revolution and what happened there.
    In the Bible Leviticus says if you approach the Lord with poor eyesight you’re going to hell, so does that mean all true Christians have got it in for people wearing glasses or contact lenses?

To be fair, you asked for a quote and a link. I provided both...QED
  • Ross said:
    Blocking the A20 in Dover now.
    Maybe we could employ them to stop those pesky immigrant boats getting through!
    Dover the culture war capital!  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!