Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shop Lifting

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Paddy and Murphy the shop lifters, found dead under Sainsburys 
    Sorry can you explain this?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    Are shop staff told specifically not to get involved anymore?

I just went to my Sainsburys local and some minging couple stinking of fags, booze and BO literally just filled up bags with stuff and walked out.  Staff just watched them do it and stood aside. Seems it is a fairly common thing too. 

Genuinely shocked me how easy they made it for them. 

So is that staff not wanting to get stabbed/beaten up etc or is it some daft law against restraining people which stops them doing anything.
    Yes wondered this myself a few weeks back in Lewisham M&S, I went to queue up to pay in the food section when some young very well spoken girl & a bloke started having a tug of war over a shopping bag & she was saying what are you doing leave me alone. At first I thought he was trying to snatch her bag & was about to go & help her when he must have said something I didn't hear & she said in her posh voice "do you have any evidence of that" & he replied yes it's in your bag. While this was going on another member of staff was standing just behind her shouting "get security" she soon gave up the struggle & walked off without her bag & no attempt was made to stop her. The guy who now had her bag took out 4 bottles of vodka & put them on the floor, out of curiosity I went & checked how much they were, £30 each. How easy it all seems to be, this time she was unlucky but how many times do people walk out undetected. 

It doesn't always end this way though, I recently saw two security struggling with a guy outside Morrisons in Welling, eventually they took back a bottle of booze he had nicked & they walked away but not before one had given the thief a good punch to the stomach which left him collapsed on the floor.  :D

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Paddy and Murphy the shop lifters, found dead under Sainsburys.
    Sorry can you explain this?
    Im guessing that they physically attempted to raise the store, and then somehow subsequently dropped it, so that it fell upon them rendering them unwell, presumably through either suffocation or crushing. I doubt it is an everyday occurrence, however the phrase "shoplifting" apparently derives from the historic practise of raising the back of the tent (in order to get at the tasty comestibles stored within), at a time when shops were merely canvas and not yet constructed by bricks and such like, as is the current more effective practise.

Personally I say shoot the bastards!.
  • Options
    Happens I  Sainsbury orpington on a daily basis. 
    Eastern Europeans mainly. 
    The security guard who is on his own is pretty powerless to do anything  about it. 
    Can you support those statements?
  • Options
    There has got to be a business opportunity here somewhere...
    That's it!
    A new on-line shopping company using the tea leaves mentioned on here as the pickers. 
    Dragons' Den here I come!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, they are told to not get involved. If the staffing levels are okay then they will ask the person(s) to leave, if they are known to the staff, before they can start robbing.

Had a few altercations at my Sainsbury's Local due to this and most recently a month ago where some little wally knew there were only 2 ladies in the store and so walked in, bold as brass, picked up about 15 large trays of Ferrero Rocher's and walked brazenly behind me as the girl behind the counter rang the bell to alert someone. This didn't sit well with me so I walked up behind the trampy looking twat and, just as he walked through the exit, I grabbed the bag he had over his shoulder only for him to try and pull away. Instinct kicked in and I spun him around, hoisted him up against the wall of the store, jammed my forearm in to his throat and screamed like a fucking banshee at him to drop what he had stolen.

Needless to say he shit his pants and was full of apologies as the store staff came out. Once the staff had the goods I told him to fuck off go on his merry way and to not be a rotter in the future. This is when he decided to find his voice, as he was cycling away. Bellend.

I went back in, paid for my goods and left via the front. Smelly bollocks was outside waiting to ask me why I got involved. When I said that I know the staff well and I don't like thieves, he genuinely said "but I gave it all back". We had more of a verbal altercation before I told him that if I saw him again I'd run him over.

He hasn't been back, apparently.
    The Ambassador thanks you for service. Though, if you’d got stabbed, he wouldn’t have been sending any flowers. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Yes, they are told to not get involved. If the staffing levels are okay then they will ask the person(s) to leave, if they are known to the staff, before they can start robbing.

Had a few altercations at my Sainsbury's Local due to this and most recently a month ago where some little wally knew there were only 2 ladies in the store and so walked in, bold as brass, picked up about 15 large trays of Ferrero Rocher's and walked brazenly behind me as the girl behind the counter rang the bell to alert someone. This didn't sit well with me so I walked up behind the trampy looking twat and, just as he walked through the exit, I grabbed the bag he had over his shoulder only for him to try and pull away. Instinct kicked in and I spun him around, hoisted him up against the wall of the store, jammed my forearm in to his throat and screamed like a fucking banshee at him to drop what he had stolen.

Needless to say he shit his pants and was full of apologies as the store staff came out. Once the staff had the goods I told him to fuck off go on his merry way and to not be a rotter in the future. This is when he decided to find his voice, as he was cycling away. Bellend.

I went back in, paid for my goods and left via the front. Smelly bollocks was outside waiting to ask me why I got involved. When I said that I know the staff well and I don't like thieves, he genuinely said "but I gave it all back". We had more of a verbal altercation before I told him that if I saw him again I'd run him over.

Flipping eck , what a story, you do realise he was the shop manager.
  • Options
    Interesting moral outlook on here. Always see threads about streaming etc.

Is there a difference nicking something from sainsburys and streaming sky sports pay per view events without paying? Or using technology to pirate/ stream subscription tv services for free.

People openly do that because they want tv for free and have a sense of entitlement that they should be able to watch it whilst others fund it.

Yet someone nicking something from a shop is seen as lowest of the low.

Assuming no one is hurt/ distressed in the latter is there any real difference?

Yup this is an interesting point.
    I personally dont think there is any difference at all. 
  • Options
    My brother saw it yesterday in a store Co-Op in Stevenage. The person walked in, got several bottles of beer and went out into a waiting car which drove off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Love that but there will be people on here that will say you were in the wrong and violated scummys human rights 🙄
    It sounds clever to say there are people on here who would say that because I guess it supports your imaginary narrative. However I would be staggered if anyone on here would say that apprehending a shoplifter was violating their human rights.  
  • Options

Is there a difference nicking something from sainsburys and streaming sky sports pay per view events without paying? Or using technology to pirate/ stream subscription tv services for free.

People openly do that because they want tv for free and have a sense of entitlement that they should be able to watch it whilst others fund it.

Everyone knows tv is more essential than food... 
  • Options
    I worked in a sports shop when I was a student that sold North Face Jackets and other expensive stuff like that. Once someone nicked a jacket and my colleague chased him through the streets until the shoplifter stopped and pulled out a chisel, he then proceeded to chase my colleague threatening to take his eyes out! It’s not worth the risk to stop these low life’s.
  • Options

The difference for me is that in one scenario there are, usually, people that are left visibly shaken and scared after either being involved in or witnessing these shitrags going about their daily thieve.

I said to the girl behind the counter that had the bloke picked up a loaf of bread, pint of milk, butter, ham and other stuff that constituted a daily shop, and said he was down on his luck, then I'd have more than likely offered to buy it for him. Trays of Ferrero Rocher tell me he's either on the rob or on his way to an Ambassadors Reception. He didn't look like he knew any Ambassadors.
    what about people having to cancel sky because its getting too expensive and their kids getting upset leaving them upset?

• Options
    Not shop lifting but many years ago somebody broke into my neighbours house whilst he was taking a shower. He quickly put something on and chased the burglar who had his video. The burglar stopped and stabbed him and he died. Scum.
  • Options
    who the fuck nicks Ferrero Rocher anyway?!