Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Adams Park today. Bad run. Six changes:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Lavelle, Pearce (c), Famewo; Gunter, Dobson, Arter, Souaré; Leko, Stockley, Washington

Subs: Harness, Elerewe, Clare, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Lee, Davison

Comments

• Options
    @Sillybilly said:

Well, at least he’s wielded the axe where necessary. DJ and Kirk not even in the squad.  Just remains to be seen whether a team of strangers can gel.  Not holding my breath.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    DJ and Kirk were poor and lazy last week, them’s the breaks, this is deffo worth a try. 
    50p on “papasquare” scoring (our consolation goal)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Looks like a 3-4-3 to me.

—Lavelle - Pearce - Famewo
    Gunter - Dobson - Arter - Souare
    —Leko - Stockley - Washington
  • Options
    And Stockley relieved of the captaincy.

Cap'n Pearce is back.

• Options
    Owch....DJ and Kirk couldn't make the bench ahead of somebody on a 3 month contract! Wake up time.
  • Options
    Don’t hate this XI but seems very defensive with effectively 7 outfield players with that mentality.  But something had to change and he’s done that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-4-3?  I actually kinda like that team. I think Lavelle will benefit more from having Pearce in there. Washington-Stockley-Leko definitely has goals in it. 
  • Options

With the back 3, we can see that Pearcey is only risked with a bodyguard either side! :smile:

• Options
    Don’t hate this XI but seems very defensive with effectively 7 outfield players with that mentality.  But something had to change and he’s done that.
    343 …. Not defensive at all .. 
  • Options
    Glad to see Dobson back and I like the front three (desperately trying to stay optimistic!)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The thing with having a base of Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo, Dobson and Arter is that it will allow Gunter and Souare to do what they’re good at which is get forward and put crosses in. Hopefully less defensive responsibility will mask some of Gunter’s shortcomings…

I would hope those two will be more attacking than the display we’ve seen coming out of full back from the first half a dozen matches…
  • Options
    Washington to score must be the safest bet of the day 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Thumbs up from me. Good options off the bench.
    Resumption of last season's table-topping away form.
    COYA
  • Options
    Another roll of the dice. Unless Souare is quick it will take half an hour for that midfield to get the ball up to the forwards. Expect defend, defend ,defend then hoofball.
  • Options
    Fancy Souare to nut one in at the back stick. Not sure why.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Washington to score must be the safest bet of the day 
    Or Pearce to give away a penalty ;)
  • Options
    If it's better than last week (which wouldn't be difficult) then I'll be happy.
  • Options
    343 …. Not defensive at all .. 
    eh?  The four are two full backs and two DMs lol
  • Options
    Can’t be any worse than last week (I hope)!
  • Options
    looks more like a 4-3-3 to me…
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    3-4-3?  I actually kinda like that team. I think Lavelle will benefit more from having Pearce in there. Washington-Stockley-Leko definitely has goals in it. 

Hopefully the team shape will be more compact.

And there's pace in the side to exploit the counter.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Here we go, looking forward to the pre match chat and memories with Scott and Morts, and Bob Bolder standing in for Curbs, and an interview with Leko  B)
  • Options
    We reek of a team that still doesn’t know it’s best formation or lineup 
    Yet all the recruitment pointed to 433/4231. What was wrong the recruitment or the formation? Chicken and egg isn't it?  
  • Options
    Had to drop players after last week and worrh trying a new system.

Got to find something that shows signs of working so we don’t end up switching system and players every game like Bowyer did last season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!