Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    two midfielders ?, 3 strikers ?, 5 defenders ? .. looks unbalanced and designed for a point, which will not be a bad outcome .. IF we get a point .. no sign of Matthews .. 3 4 3 or a too complicated 3 4 2 1
  • Options
    We reek of a team that still doesn’t know it’s best formation or lineup 
    It's the catch 22 though. Adkins either switches completely and raises the question of whether he knows his best formation or sticks with the old one that we know didn't work. Neither is perfect.

Personally I prefer that he tries something new but I understand the scepticism.
  • Options
    Bench doesn't have much on there to impact the game. Let's hope we don't go in losing at HT
  • Options

Hmmm Pearce is in 0-4 becomes 1-4 (p)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yet all the recruitment pointed to 433/4231. What was wrong the recruitment or the formation? Chicken and egg isn't it?  
    It was but this isn’t as drastically as it looks. Full backs push higher up and use an extra CB rather than a DM.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Don’t hate this XI but seems very defensive with effectively 7 outfield players with that mentality.  But something had to change and he’s done that.
    Remember Curbs old cliché after a bad run?

"Back to basics".

Nought nought…
  • Options
    Can you watch this with a VPN?
  • Options
    @Sillybilly said:

Well, at least he’s wielded the axe where necessary. DJ and Kirk not even in the squad.  Just remains to be seen whether a team of strangers can gel.  Not holding my breath.

Yeah, there's been lots of people on here saying that Adkins is just all smiles and platitudes.

But behind the scenes he's been ruthless.
    He's evidently read the Riot Act to the team after last week's disjointed showing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else following the match thread from a tent? (Apart from Derby's Chairman)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yet all the recruitment pointed to 433/4231. What was wrong the recruitment or the formation? Chicken and egg isn't it?  
    Overestimating how reliable our full backs are in a back four - I truly believe it’s now the weakest part of our squad. This is a way to mask some of their fragility.
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    Can you watch this with a VPN?
    yep, I'm in Paris at the moment, lovely B)
  • Options
    Glad to see that Adkins has shook it up a bit. Looking forward to seeing how Arter does for us today. Interesting that Kirk and Watson don't even make the bench.
  • Options
    3-4-3?  I actually kinda like that team. I think Lavelle will benefit more from having Pearce in there. Washington-Stockley-Leko definitely has goals in it. 
    We got done last week by a team playing 3-4-3.

Maybe Adkins has been impressed by their systems and gameplan?

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Overestimating how reliable our full backs are in a back four - I truly believe it’s now the weakest part of our squad. This is a way to mask some of their fragility.
    I disagree in that the problem is the midfield and has been all season.  The full backs haven't offered enough going forward but they have been exposed far to much by the "wingers". 
  • Options
    can can see this morphing into 352 with Washington in midfield.

very brave selection, but that's what was required. Good to see Josh on the bench too. 
  • Options
    DJ has been pretty poor so far and Kirk may need time to settle after the move. The wing backs are key to this working, we can trust the front three, Dobson and Arter maybe, can't knock the changes though.
  • Options
    I quite like 3 at the back, which will suit Souare. It doesn't say much for our 2 long contract wingers that they're completely dropped 

Did Pearce score the winner last time we played here? I have vague memories of a smash and grab win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't really know what to make of it really. Changes were needed. Just hope we can stumble over our best line up and formation before it's too late and we end up having to chase play offs at best. No white flag yet but desperately need the points today
  • Options
    Arter is key. A lot depends on him. A lot of flexibility in the XI, but I worry about the MF getting overrun.
  • Options
    I quite like 3 at the back, which will suit Souare. It doesn't say much for our 2 long contract wingers that they're completely dropped 

Did Pearce score the winner last time we played here? I have vague memories of a smash and grab win
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47781601
  • Options
    Anyone know if Sandgaard is at the match this afternoon?
  • Options

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47781601
    Thanks, nice to know I can still remember the important things!

Same again would do nicely
  • Options

Nah, he's up Tin Pan Alley buying a ukulele B)
  • Options
    Yeah he will be... Tweeted earlier saying that he was on the way there
  • Options
    Must say, much as i love Morts and Bolder, seems a bit flat in the studio without Curbs, not so much banter and tactical chat, all very cosy. B)
  • Options
    That team is jank
  • Options
    Circa £1M spent on two players who can’t even make the squad, it’s certainly a statement.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!