Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Really scruffy period from us the last 5 minutes or so. 
  • Options
    Sat in Mexico watching this. The future is bright!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    se9addick said:

Think I might watch all Charlton matches this way in the future!
    I think it’s safe to say that’s not in SE9!
    That's the newly remodeled Charlton lido
    Have they moved it 600 miles south westish?
  • Options
    1. 33'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

2. 33'

Post update

Ryan Tafazolli (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    We are relying on the long ball, when we don't win it they come straight back at us. We have no midfield presence with 2 defensive mids..
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Think I might watch all Charlton matches this way in the future!
    I think it’s safe to say that’s not in SE9!
    Wherever it is you obviously can't get a decent beer.

That glass looks like it's been filled up straight from the lattrines.
  • Options
    1. 34'

Post update

Attempt saved. Sam Vokes (Wycombe Wanderers) header from very close range is saved in the top centre of the goal. Assisted by Garath McCleary.

• Options
    1. 35'

Post update

Foul by Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic).

2. 35'

Post update

Curtis Thompson (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Feels like the goal is coming for them
  • Options
    Jesus, that’s a lot of Charlton fans heading for the bar already!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 36'

Post update

Corner, Wycombe Wanderers. Conceded by Akin Famewo.

• Options
    o'keefe sent for Gills misses Tuesdays game
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I thought after last week NA would have drilled it in to them not keep hoofing it up top but clearly it is some sort panic mechanism atm because they don’t have the confidence to pass through the lines 
  • Options
    1. 36'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Joe Jacobson (Wycombe Wanderers) left footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Daryl Horgan.

• Options
    1. 36'

Post update

Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 36'

Post update

Foul by Joe Jacobson (Wycombe Wanderers).

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Their wing backs are free to jog the ball deep into our half. Every time. They're just walking it in. Another pass and they're in the final third.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We look like an unsettled team playing only 3 attackers with a clogger up front. 
  • Options
    It’s much improved from last week, it almost couldn’t fail to be, but we’re still having to defend too many crosses in our 6 yard box and not turning the odd moment of neat play into actual chances. At least we look like a mid table team rather than a relegation team. You can see confidence is not high. We need to move the ball a bit quicker at times and be bit braver to get in the turn early. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I thought after last week NA would have drilled it in to them not keep holding it up too but clearly it is some sort panic mechanism atm because they don’t have the confidence to pass through the lines 
    I don't think it's been by design all season. 
  • Options
    What is the game plan here?
    We look clueless. Again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn’t see last week but this is pretty crap so far
  • Options
    Placing all that trust in Albie and botching our other midfield recruitment has ruined us this season. Every team in the league can dominate the middle of the park against us.

• Options
    1. 39'

Post update

George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 39'

Post update

Foul by Garath McCleary (Wycombe Wanderers).

• Options
    1. 40'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

2. 40'

Post update

Joe Jacobson (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I thought after last week NA would have drilled it in to them not keep holding it up too but clearly it is some sort panic mechanism atm because they don’t have the confidence to pass through the lines 
    Big gap between midfield and forwards as I feared with this midfield. We can't get up to support the front 3 even if Stockley does win it.
  • Options
    Wycombe coming on strong the last 10-15 minutes but they are a side relegated in 22nd last year playing at home. They were always going to have periods of dominance. So far I think we’ve weathered it relatively well. Not too much to be upset about from the first 40 mins IMO.
  • Options
    Jesus, Steve Brown doesn’t half chat some shit 
  • Options
    I doubt we've worked a lot on this formation and with this XI, so it's no wonder they look clueless, it'll be because they are clueless
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We’re shit and we know we are , god it’s going to be a long old season isn’t it?
  • Options
    I didn’t see last week but this is pretty crap so far
    You clearly didn't see last week if you think this is crap!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!